IMG_2714.jpg
IMG_2623.JPG
IMG_2622.JPG
IMG_2621.JPG
IMG_2626.JPG
IMG_2625.JPG
IMG_2624.JPG
#1 8 years ago

Gotta post the Big Lebowski. Great game... Honestly.. I could play it all night if I could. Hobbit was nice
too. Lots of fun and lots of games.

IMG_2624.JPGIMG_2624.JPG IMG_2625.JPGIMG_2625.JPG IMG_2626.JPGIMG_2626.JPG IMG_2621.JPGIMG_2621.JPG IMG_2622.JPGIMG_2622.JPG IMG_2623.JPGIMG_2623.JPG
#2 8 years ago

Thanks for the pics! Keep the posts coming regarding gameplay, folks. Dying to hear what people are thinking of it.

"Hey... this is a private residence, man."

#3 8 years ago

The lines were ridiculously long pretty much all day Friday and Saturday when the game was up and running. At one point, I counted 18 people in line

I got a chance to play the hobbit briefly in the early AM on saturday--I say briefly because the game was set to 2 balls (wise choice to lower game times to let everybody have a small taste), and it is a very quick and snappy flowing game.

#4 8 years ago

I had a nice long first ball. Even got a strike on the lower bowling alley.

#5 8 years ago

The Big Lebowski, The Hobbit, The Pinball Circus and MMR were the game highlights of the show for me. 4 awesome games that would be great additions to any collection. Were the lines long? Of course! EVERYONE wanted to play them, myself included. And at the end of the day, none of them disappointed. Thanks to everyone who brought them to the show for everyone to play and enjoy at the show.

#6 8 years ago

We should also add a big THANK YOU to Cointaker for bringing this pin to the show for us to enjoy...

#7 8 years ago

The carpet completes TBL, nice touch!

#8 8 years ago

I waited in line for about 45 mins to play The Big Lebowski and every time I tried to wait for Hobbit, the line was even longer so I gave up on that idea. TBL was really fun though and I managed to get a strike on the bowling alley too but by that point in the day the ball was getting stuck down there just about every game and you had to tilt the machine to knock it loose. With so many other cool machines around I just couldn't see spending half the day in line.

Pinball Circus was also pretty wild, never expected to see one of those unless I made the trek to Vegas. Only made it to the third deck but really a cool concept.

Almost wished I'd have gone up for Friday too but made up for it by hitting PinCrossing on the way home for wings and a few more flips. =)

#9 8 years ago

I thought it looked amazing, easily the best looking game since WMS shut down 20 years ago. Unfortunately the carpet wasn't working for me so I didn't get the full experience.

The rest of my family liked it too!

IMG_2714.jpgIMG_2714.jpg

#10 8 years ago

The fourth pic is my wife playing Fireball. I just showed it to her and she said "I knew I should have dressed nicer".
I though Hobbit was fantastic. Lebowski needs to get closer to completion before I can really form an opinion on it. But the callouts and music currently in Lebowski are great.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

The rest of my family liked it too!

Veering off topic here, but my son was playing Super Hang-On when your wife stepped up to the Ms PacMan beside it. I've seen it all now. A woman carrying a baby absolutely destroying a fast version Ms PacMan!!!

#12 8 years ago

Highlight for me was watching all the people enjoying my WWFRR. It had a constant line all weekend non stop play.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Highlight for me was watching all the people enjoying my WWFRR. It had a constant line all weekend non stop play.

I'm by no means a fan of wrestling, but I had fun playing a game on it. Thanks for bringing it

#14 8 years ago

I was at show friday, did not see WWFRR and was surprised. I did see one in box though. Big juicy melons, big juicy disappointment. Single reel for old school feel, but still, one reel for multiplayers, it just re-sets to other players score. EM style flippers. If I wanted an em, I would buy an em. Buy the backglass and save your money. Loved the limited haunted house game, forget the name. Wonder why the limited run. Mass produce that game. Did not get to play big lebowski as i wont stand in line, not with that many machines around. Also did not play hobbit. I can't stand the backglass movie screen. Same problem with WOZ, I want to play pinball, not constantly look up to watch movie.
Gilligans island was again a disappointment, but loved flintstones. No stargates this year. No line for WOZ or mustang. Loved the hot shots game that was there, nice and fast. Love the dropdowns. But no money and no room at this time. Plus I got 1/2 a shoofly pie.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

That was a great looking game

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

No line for WOZ or mustang.

If I'm not mistaken, one WOZ was a display model only, the other was on a $2 play for some sort of high score raffle.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

I was at show friday, did not see WWFRR and was surprised. I did see one in box though.

Different game - WWFRR is the old DE version from the 90s. http://ipdb.org/search.pl?any=rumble&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

No, Wrestlemania was not on display - surprising considering its the latest Stern.

Metallica LED brand new out of the box with the playfield artwork peeled away around the magnet - nice

#18 8 years ago

I was really looking forward to the Big Lebowski and it did not disappoint. A guy who went before me stuck around and pointed out some shots for me which made it even better, which i truly appreciated (whomever you are, thank you!). I really enjoyed it and would have no problem plunging the money down for it if it was available. Thanks for bringing it Cointaker!!!!

I was looking forward to AMH but the guy in front of me tilted it so I simply walked away for later. never got around to coming back though.

Hobbit was not running while I was there on Friday so I missed out.

So many cool pins and I was this || close to buying that High Speed II... love that game! Thank you everyone for bringing your games to play and to all of the businesses and folks who set up shop and who made this so much fun!

#20 8 years ago

Thanks for the pics and impressions all! How was the code? I played it at expo last year and had a good game but the modes were a bit basic and not all working. Were multiball modes working at all?

#21 8 years ago

I believe it was the same from Expo, pre-alpha code. I was told then, there was 1 multi-ball working.

#22 8 years ago

Yeah the last I heard from barry via email was they were waiting on final approvals from universal for the audio/video clips in order to show software "much" further along.

#23 8 years ago

Thanks for the info guys. Loved the layout sounds and music can't wait to play it with new code. I'll be at expo again this year looking forward to playing it.

Not sure why anyone would be upset about inquiries regarding the code of a game that's a work in progress. Simply trying to gauge where the project is at not hating.

#24 8 years ago

Haha my mom never cussed at me in all my life as much as TBL did in a couple minutes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ashland, KY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 22.50
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-pa-show-highlights-big-lebowski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.