(Topic ID: 126484)

Allentown is over - any regrets? Post them here.

By Taxman

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Riptor
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    IMG_2537.JPG
    IMG_2583.JPG

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

I regret... ummm... nothing. The son and I had a blast Friday and Saturday. Friday was better game selection wise but Saturday was still pretty good.

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from JeffF:

I regret... ummm... nothing.

Agreed... Will be there again next year.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for Williams 3-7 sound board solutions

#53 4 years ago

Regret #1 - That I wasn't able to come to an agreeable sale price with the gentleman selling a 1961 Corral.

Regret #2 - Funds were low because my wife and I just put our house on the market and are in "hoard cash" mode.

Regret #3 - I didn't even know there was an outdoor flea market.

#54 4 years ago

I regret knocking over the backglass/translite for my BOP 2.0 on Friday morning shattering the clear glass all over floor. Then cutting my hand trying to get the glass out of the plastic channel with my key instead of just getting a screwdriver to do it and then bleeding all over everything. I am glad that new glass was available for $20.00 but my hand kinda hurt most of the rest of the day. And I regret not having a first-aid kit in the minivan. I also should have played TBL.

#55 4 years ago

That machine was awesome, Al...and one of the few I played. Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you!

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

That playfield in the full game almost looked clearcoated. Nice and smooth but hazy. Was thinking it would buff to a nice shine. Don't think that era had any clearcoat but it looked different for sure and we looked hard to make sure it wasn't just Mylar either. What did you end up paying for the game? Full asking price?

Picked it up for $1400. Really in great shape inside, cabinet is super clean.

#57 4 years ago

1. I regret spending four dollars for a fountain soda instead of some parts at the booths.
    (I don't regret not buying any food items from the stand that is RIGHT NEXT to those "Amazing Bathrooms"...)
    2. I also really regret playing the Sopranos...really Stripper poles in a pinball machine?!?...can't wait to bring that one home to the wife and kids...
    (I don't regret being able to play the Hobbit as I loved the game play and it sure was cool of Jersey Jack to spend 10 minutes talking to me and my buddy about pinball and stuff.)
    3. I regret not being able to play the dozen or so games that were Turned off (I am sure for various technical reasons) in the free play section on Friday as there were some good titles I wanted to play. (I don't regret turning up my CFTBL really loud on Friday so I could tell that people were playing it all day)

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

I don't regret turning up my CFTBL really loud on Friday so I could tell that people were playing it all day

Haha, yeah, heard "Move your car!" a lot.

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

3. I regret not being able to play the dozen or so games that were Turned off (I am sure for various technical reasons) in the free play section on Friday as there were some good titles I wanted to play. (I don't regret turning up my CFTBL really loud on Friday so I could tell that people were playing it all day)

The games that were off most likely had issues, seemed like every game that we were able to walk up to and play had issues, hence no one was playing it. We brought down 5 games for free play and there was always someone playing them. Had an end of stroke switch go bad on Sorcerer Friday, had it replaced early Saturday morning before the show started.

IMG_2583.JPG
    #60 4 years ago

Creech was crazy loud. I actually walked by and said "holy crap!"

#61 4 years ago

I regret missing the outdoor flea market as well. I assumed the indoor one this year was it. Al it was nice meeting you outside on Friday. Not getting a chance to play on your beautiful BOP 2.0 was my second regret. Third regret was not meeting EN3 with the playfield art and others who have helped me over the years. You know who you are...

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from Superchicken:

I regret that Pinfest Saturday is becoming Pinball Wizards Sunday. And that I did not have a truck to drag Skateball home.

I have to respectfully disagree that Saturday at Pinfest is becoming Pinball Wizards Sunday. There were plenty of good games for free play and sale on Saturday. The deals Saturday afternoon were pretty darn good too. Admittedly, Friday morning you get the pick of what the dealers and free play guys haven't already swapped, but there was plenty to do and still plenty of free play games on Saturday. The Friday/Saturday arrangement is working well IMHO.

Dave

#63 4 years ago

I regret not checking the capacity of my Yukon before breaking down and packing up two games to bring for the freeplay area! I had a full size Suburban that could fit two games (including one B/W widebody) but traded it in for the shorter wheel-based Yukon a few months ago. It never even dawned on me that two games wouldn't fit in the Yukon - even with 3rd row seats removed and 2nd row seats folded up. I was totally bummed! This was the first time I brought a game to the show and had such a good experience that I'll either borrow my friends pick-up or rent a trailer and bring 3 or 4 games next year.

I regret not going on Friday but that will change next year for sure.

I also regret not playing TBL. I waited in line 3 times but got impatient and gave up.

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

Picked it up for $1400. Really in great shape inside, cabinet is super clean.

With a brand new, fully populated playfield still in the box. Score of the show maybe!

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

Had an end of stroke switch go bad on Sorcerer Friday, had it replaced early Saturday morning before the show

I thought that Sorcerer played real nice (assuming its the one i think it is) and remember thinking "I wish this one was for sale"

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

I thought that Sorcerer played real nice (assuming its the one i think it is) and remember thinking "I wish this one was for sale"

Mine was the one with the blue displays, plays great. I have a brand new screened playfield to go in the game soon from Greatwitch John. Going to be oh so nice!

IMG_2537.JPG
    #67 4 years ago
    Quoted from 1stpinballdave:

I have to respectfully disagree that Saturday at Pinfest is becoming Pinball Wizards Sunday. There were plenty of good games for free play and sale on Saturday. The deals Saturday afternoon were pretty darn good too. Admittedly, Friday morning you get the pick of what the dealers and free play guys haven't already swapped, but there was plenty to do and still plenty of free play games on Saturday. The Friday/Saturday arrangement is working well IMHO.
    Dave

It was 2 or 3 o'clock and there were a lot of holes in the lines. I also saw a number of games sold and turned off and folks breaking games down. I think I'd like to see the hall open Friday 6-10 PM for setup, open only for vendors and people bring games. Then open to the public 8 AM - 8 PM Saturday. Done!

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

Mine was the one with the blue displays, plays great. I have a brand new screened playfield to go in the game soon from Greatwitch John. Going to be oh so nice!

IMG_2537.JPG

I need me a sorcerer. Such a cool game.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

The games that were off most likely had issues, seemed like every game that we were able to walk up to and play had issues, hence no one was playing it. We brought down 5 games for free play and there was always someone playing them. Had an end of stroke switch go bad on Sorcerer Friday, had it replaced early Saturday morning before the show started.

IMG_2583.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

That was your Getaway? I had a great time playing that pin. I regret not making an offer and instead leaving with nothing.

#70 4 years ago

There was a really nice Road Kings there. Excellent cabinet, beautiful playfield, played 100%. Owner was asking 1400, then 1200....but it is a Road Kings after all. I was gonna offer 800, and as I'm coming back to the machine I saw the transaction already going down. The other guy also offered 800, they finally agreed on 950. I'm still kicking around in hindsight whether I'd have done 950, RK isn't near the top of my list.....but it was a really nice example.

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

There was a really nice Road Kings there. Excellent cabinet, beautiful playfield, played 100%. Owner was asking 1400, then 1200....but it is a Road Kings after all. I was gonna offer 800, and as I'm coming back to the machine I saw the transaction already going down. The other guy also offered 800, they finally agreed on 950. I'm still kicking around in hindsight whether I'd have done 950, RK isn't near the top of my list.....but it was a really nice example.

Thanks, that was my Road Kings.

My Allentown regret was selling it. I needed to make some space though.

#72 4 years ago

That we didn't bring enough product to the show.. We practically sold out on Friday!!

Great show everyone!!

#73 4 years ago

Wow, I have a legitimate regret. One of the guys on the booze bus bought a Robot mod from a vendor. He gave it to me in a trade. Damn Things missing half an arm. didn't know till it was unwrapped.

Imagine that ,not everyone in pinball is honest.

image.jpg
    #74 4 years ago

Robbie Rotbo

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Not getting a Road King isn't the kind of thing a man should regret.

#77 4 years ago

Pros: Got to play some Whoa Nellie, TBL and Hobbit. Also played the virtual pin machines (not impressed though I wished I was). Picked up some new glass and various parts. Got to play some uncommon pins like Godzilla, Lost in Space, Pink Panther, etc..

Cons: Standing on a concrete floors all days takes it toll on my feet. Condition of some pins reminded me of being at PHOF in Vegas. Feels like a giant flea market and not a 'show'.

For the length of the drive (5 hrs), I do not think I would go back. But, I am glad that I at least gave it try. Great place to go if you are in the market for lower cost project pins.

#78 4 years ago

I regret not having cash in hand to buy the nice rollergames that was setup next to my t2 :/ Gecko had one too I think but it wasnt as nice. I probably should have taken the $2500 offer on the t2 and bought the damn rollergames. :/

A lot of regrets but lessons learned.

I will probably bring some nice cabaret multi's next year instead of the pin so I can setup fast and go and enjoy more stuff instead of being worried about my baby.

#79 4 years ago

Regret staying at the Comfort Suites. It could have ended real bad for me if not for another person using a deadbolt and not a gun on the side table. Arrived at 1am and was given a key to an occupied room. The show was great as me and my wife played many games we never get a chance to see anywhere else.

#80 4 years ago

Comfort Suite seemed really scatter brained this year. I was there Thursday night to Sunday, never had my room cleaned once. While I was raising crap with the front desk, the guy beside me jumped in with the same problem. All this after they charged an extra $25/night over last year.

#81 4 years ago

They didn't clean my room either, but...the breakfast is decent and they look the other way, when a pinball machine comes through the lobby at 1:30 am.....

V-O-L-C-A-N-Ooo!!

''it's gonna blow...''

#82 4 years ago

All who stayed at the Comfort Suites, if you provided an enail address, should have received a questionaire in your email. Fill it out accurately and send it in. I've never had a problem at the CS in the eight times I've been there. Your comments will help improve the hotel for next year.

#83 4 years ago

Anything GRC related is banned from Pinside.
    Mods please delete !!

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from movingpictures:

Anything GRC related is banned from Pinside.
    Mods please delete !!

Apologies for the ignorance but what's "GRC"?

#85 4 years ago

Gameroom Connection.
    Hey Shacklersrevenge I'd like to see that video that was deleted.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Gameroom Connection.
    Hey Shacklersrevenge I'd like to see that video that was deleted.

Actually it's GAME ROOM COLLECTIBLES....they have a YouTube page.

#87 4 years ago

My bad I mis-spoke. Why was video deleted?

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

My bad I mis-spoke. Why was video deleted?

They had a contentious relationship with another well-known retailer, though they buried the hatchet a while back. They also liked to stir the pot on the forums, but I think that kind of stopped around the same time. Maybe they turned over a new leaf--I don't know. I haven't really gone out of my way to check up on what they were up to on their youtube channel lately.

#89 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

They had a contentious relationship with another well-known retailer, though they buried the hatchet a while back. They also like to stir the pot on the forums, but I think that kind of stopped around the same time.

Not to mention the guy who likes to hurl insults and stir the pot doesn't list his real name on his own business cards. Geeeee ... I wonder why

#90 4 years ago

I missed going to the show... and I heard a guy got a pinball for his wife. Great trade.

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from movingpictures:

Not to mention the guy who likes to hurl insults and stir the pot doesn't list his real name on his own business cards. Geeeee ... I wonder why

My buddies noticed this too, so they did some P.I work the next day and guess what? His name isn't listed for pissing on a tree in public...it's actually pretty bad.

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

I missed going to the show... and I heard a guy got a pinball for his wife. Great trade.

lol

#93 4 years ago

For those of you who couldn't go to the Pinfest, here is a 40 minute highlights! Hope you enjoy it! Todd

#94 4 years ago

I regret not bringing a trailer I did manage to cram two complete pins and a load of parts inside my toyota 4-runner. I utilized every square inch of it. It was probably for the best though. I now have four projects.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 35.00
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Decals
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 89.99
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 4.99
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    $ 135.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 31.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    £ 55.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 199.99
    $ 96.77
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball-Mods.com
    $ 22.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside