(Topic ID: 126484)

Allentown is over - any regrets? Post them here.

By Taxman

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Riptor
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    IMG_2537.JPG
    IMG_2583.JPG

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

You know it happens. You either past over a machine, went back and it was gone or you bought a "project" that looked good then but now that its home . . .

#2 4 years ago

Debated back and forth on grabbing a victory Friday before closing. Finally decided I should do it and cash was being put down on the game by someone else. You know I'm a sucker for Trudeau games.

-Jim

#3 4 years ago

Stuck to my word and paid $300 for a project ''Alien Poker'' with no backglass.

Didn't want to cause a problem or whatever, because he held it no deposit and delivered it.

Upon closer inspection, the mpu has a light dusting on it, and I don't mean fairy dust. Driver board looks like an english muffin ready for butter, nice and toasted. Sound board works, so that's a plus. Displays are probably junk. ugh.

I'm not pissed or anything, just bummed. I scored a lot of great games on this trip so it's not a huge deal, just think I over paid by a hundred bucks or more. :/

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Debated back and forth on grabbing a victory Friday before closing. Finally decided I should do it and cash was being put down on the game by someone else. You know I'm a sucker for Trudeau games.
    -Jim

that was probably the right game for you Jim, because now that I think of it, I think I've only seen like two at most of that title for some reason...

#6 4 years ago

I regret not going on Friday. I thought it was pretty picked over by 2pm Saturday and the pic thread confirms a lot of nice games changed hands before I got there.

Really wanted to love the Skateball but wasnt feeling it.

Came closest to buying Rollergames but I had never played it before and couldnt decide if I was "settling" on a game. Probably shouldve just done it.

#7 4 years ago

I regret not trying harder to get a game of Spirit in before it was gone.

#8 4 years ago

My buddy bought it and the NOS populated PF. Gonna be an incredible machine when he snaps it together

-Jim

#9 4 years ago

-Jim

I will take some pictures of it for you when it is done. It is a very clean machine inside. Couldn't go wrong for the price. New populated playfield and a really nice cabinet.

#10 4 years ago

The more I think about it the more I'm starting to regret not snagging that Hollywood Heat.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from dontfeed:

The more I think about it the more I'm starting to regret not snagging that Hollywood Heat.

You should have me an offer on it. I ended up letting it go pretty cheap. If you count the fact that it paid for my admission for 2 days I almost broke even on it.

My regret was not getting a 1968 Doozie EM. I never played one before and really like the zipper flippers on it. Just before I was going to pull the trigger someone else bought it and promptly added another couple hundred to the original $350 price.

I waited until the end of the show and it still wasn't sold at his newly inflated price so I offered the flipper the same he paid for it just a few hours earlier. His reply: "I can't possibly let it go for $350, I wouldn't make any money".

#12 4 years ago

You should have offered him $351. Then he would have had to come up with a different lame excuse.

#13 4 years ago

I wanted the Meteor on the floor but waited too long and was kicking myself for missing it.
    Thankfully it all worked out after the 10 hour drive home - I snagged a six million dollar man locally after being back in town for 10 minutes.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Stuck to my word and paid $300 for a project ''Alien Poker'' with no backglass.
    Didn't want to cause a problem or whatever, because he held it no deposit and delivered it.
    Upon closer inspection, the mpu has a light dusting on it, and I don't mean fairy dust. Driver board looks like an english muffin ready for butter, nice and toasted. Sound board works, so that's a plus. Displays are probably junk. ugh.
    I'm not pissed or anything, just bummed. I scored a lot of great games on this trip so it's not a huge deal, just think I over paid by a hundred bucks or more. :/

1 bad and a few good sounds like its a plus overall.

Alien Poker can be a fun game. One of those game that are great multiplayer since the multipliers carry to the next ball. So you can really upset in the end.

#15 4 years ago

Wish I went Friday. This was my first time there and honestly by 11am Saturday things were pretty well picked over. I had fun and still left with a few goodies. Only slightly disappointed. Lesson learned. Will be there Friday next year.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You should have offered him $351. Then he would have had to come up with a different lame excuse.

I actually ashamed to admit I did offer $375 so he would feel like he "won" but he refused. I talked to the original owner of the game afterwards and he felt bad. He told me that if he knew the buyer was just a show flipper he would not have sold it to him.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

I actually ashamed to admit I did offer $375 so he would feel like he "won" but he refused. I talked to the original owner of the game afterwards and he felt bad. He told me that if he knew the buyer was just a show flipper he would not have sold it to him.

Sounds like you could have had the game if you left some meat on the bone for the flipper.
    Guess it wasn't worth the extra $100-150 to you.

#18 4 years ago

Though I said it in the other "what did you buy" thread, my biggest regret is that my wife and I have sold our house and are going through the process of buying another. When I got the call from my realtor telling me that the seller of the house we want to buy is being, basically, and A$$HOLE, it just made me so depressed I didn't want to deal with anything. I love to haggle in the flea market and I just didn't feel like that either. Maybe, by York, everything will be settled up.

#19 4 years ago

I regret not playing The Big Lebowski. I was in line on three different occasions and each time the ball got stuck. With so many other games around I left and found something else... But now I am bummed I didn't get a game on it. Also regret that there was no Big Hit for sale. The search continues... heh heh But lastly, I walked the Farmer's Market and didn't stop to buy anything... Probably my biggest regret. Everything looked amazing!

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

You should have me an offer on it. I ended up letting it go pretty cheap. If you count the fact that it paid for my admission for 2 days I almost broke even on it.

Now I regret it even more....

#21 4 years ago

Yes, I regret that the time flew and it's over.

#22 4 years ago

Went Friday and had to wait until 12 to get in. Why?

#23 4 years ago

Regret not picking up Evel kneivel project game.

#24 4 years ago

For Jeff/Oak Ridge,
    You couldn't get in because the show does not open until noon on Friday. Times are pretty clear on the website. The folks who get in early are those who bring games for freeplay. Next time, register a game for freeplay and get in as early as 1pm on Thursday (set up day).

Harry Irvin
    Freeplay registration

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from movingpictures:

Sounds like you could have had the game if you left some meat on the bone for the flipper.
    Guess it wasn't worth the extra $100-150 to you.

The money wasnt the issue. I just couldn't stomach giving the show flipper a 50% profit for sitting on a game for 6 hours. If it was that great of a deal someone else would have bought it. There will be plenty other fun em's to choose from in the future.

#26 4 years ago

I regret not having more slush funds for this show... bad timing this year...

I usually leave with 3-4 pins and a bunch of goodies...

woulda bought the Bally 4 queens, and the Gottlieb Paradise that was rough owned by the guy with the hearing issue, not sure of his name...

He was trying to hard sell me Late in the show bout saturday at 8:30 PM

wish i coulda brought both home !

#27 4 years ago

I regret not being able to bring a pin for the first time to a show. Technical issues cropped up the night before, and I couldn't fix it in time. I didn't think it would be fair to bring a non-working game. I was really looking forward to the experience.

Maybe I'll end up bringing it to Pintastic or next year's Pinfest.

#28 4 years ago

I regret not stuffing the toolbag on the John Deere in my trunk

#29 4 years ago

I regret the flea market space outdoors this year. I was promised next year the outdoor flea will be back by the big roll door. Most people did not even know there was an outdoor flea. It was hidden from the rest of the show. Oh well. Still great to be part of the spectacle. Ivan we need the Winter show again

#30 4 years ago

Another nice Cyclone got away from me again...
    This was the 5th one. I guess I'm not supposed to own a Cyclone.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

I regret the flea market space outdoors this year. I was promised next year the outdoor flea will be back by the big roll door. Most people did not even know there was an outdoor flea. It was hidden from the rest of the show. Oh well. Still great to be part of the spectacle. Ivan we need the Winter show again

Yes. You're right about that. I didn't know they were doing an outdoor flea market in the old space till I took a walk to my car with some playfield glass. So I was a couple hours late to the outdoor area.

#32 4 years ago

My regret is I wasn't able to attend. I had a nice playing Firepower II to bring for free play but work got in the way of this one. Next year I'll bring it or something else to this great show. Looked like the biggest ever.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gerry:

I regret not having more slush funds for this show... bad timing this year...
    I usually leave with 3-4 pins and a bunch of goodies...
    woulda bought the Bally 4 queens, and the Gottlieb Paradise that was rough owned by the guy with the hearing issue, not sure of his name...
    He was trying to hard sell me Late in the show bout saturday at 8:30 PM
    wish i coulda brought both home !

4 Queens is my all-time favorite. It will be the last pin to go for me. Curious what was his asking price and then how low did he go?

#34 4 years ago

My regrets? Didn't pack enough good scotch for two day trip.

#35 4 years ago

Should have gone Friday, but had a really nice time with my kids on Saturday.

I bought too many pies at farmers market

#36 4 years ago

Ditto on the should have gone Friday
    I never got a chance to try the big lebowski. Bummer

But the biggest regret I had was when bought a lemonade from the stand in the back left corner. I don't know what exactly was in that, but it sure felt like food poisoning of some sort.

Overall though great time and I want to thank everyone who helped put on that great show.

Oh yeah. And I regret not being able to buy the flinstones machine that was there. It was beautiful and played great.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeff_286:

Went Friday and had to wait until 12 to get in. Why?

Because it didn't open until 12 man!!!

Bring a pin for others to play next time like I did......I waltzed in at 10am...set up my machine and was playing pins by 11am with no lines!!!! WHOAH NELLIE!!!!

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

I actually liked the indoor flea market part. Maybe have both areas? If the weather is bad those guys don't nearly get enough business.
    I wish I would have gotten on TBL, but I hate lines..

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from ataritoday:

I regret not being able to buy The Flinstones machine that was there. It was beautiful and played great.

This. After I saw it I went back to my room and did some pricing research. Initially I thought I would wait it out and hope it got cheaper but decided to go back and make an offer. I've been wanting one for awhile. It was already off the market.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from ataritoday:

But the biggest regret I had was when bought a lemonade from the stand in the back left corner. I don't know what exactly was in that, but it sure felt like food poisoning of some sort.

Yeah, I avoid the drinks at the in-house food booth too. I didn't have a pleasant experience last year with their refreshments either--I thought it was just me.

#41 4 years ago

I regret not being able to attend. Sounded like a blast!!

#42 4 years ago

I have one regret, and it's that I didn't get to meet all the people on this site who have helped me out or just made me laugh over the last 18 months. I remember every person who helped me--even though they've probably forgotten--but I forgot (or couldn't find) the people I wanted to say hello to and thank.

So thanks to everybody I missed out on saying hi to...there's always Pintastic or ReplayFX to catch up with the rest of you at.

With these shows, I'm all about the social aspect...if for no other reason than I can't stop thinking that if I play one of those machines after 1000 people have touched it, I'll walk away with Ebola.

#43 4 years ago

Missed out on the Grand Slam at the outdoor area, too busy looking for play field plastics. But picked out a nice OXO on the way back from Allentown.

#44 4 years ago

Was there on Friday with the wife not even more than 2-3 hours. Wanted to play TBL but as someone already said line was too long. Saw a Pistol Poker I was dying to play but a ball was jammed somewhere and I couldn't play. From there I jumped in the truck to V.A. and picked up a very nice Mystery Castle. No regrets!

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

This. After I saw it I went back to my room and did some pricing research. Initially I thought I would wait it out and hope it got cheaper but decided to go back and make an offer. I've been wanting one for awhile. It was already off the market.

Had the same thought.
    It was nicely done.

#46 4 years ago

I regret that Pinfest Saturday is becoming Pinball Wizards Sunday. And that I did not have a truck to drag Skateball home.

#47 4 years ago

Yeah, I agree most people I ran into said that Friday was much better for games. It almost needs to be just one big day. Everyone seems to buy and trade Friday and leaving the leftovers for Saturday. Luckily I wasn't on the market for any machine other than some parts. I still show support for the show, it was bigger than ever this year!

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

I will take some pictures of it for you when it is done. It is a very clean machine inside. Couldn't go wrong for the price. New populated playfield and a really nice cabinet.

That playfield in the full game almost looked clearcoated. Nice and smooth but hazy. Was thinking it would buff to a nice shine. Don't think that era had any clearcoat but it looked different for sure and we looked hard to make sure it wasn't just Mylar either. What did you end up paying for the game? Full asking price?

#49 4 years ago

I regret not having room in the SUV to bring a game for freeplay this year. If I did, I wouldn't have missed out on that $550 Hotdoggin that someone snagged at 9:30 AM Saturday.

#50 4 years ago

Regret that work held me late and I didn't get there until very late Thursday night, late enough that I missed out on a $650 WCS project

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 11.95
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 49.99
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 14.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Haus
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 71.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 60.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 279.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 209.99
    There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside