Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 167 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0172.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#52 7 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

25 dollar removal fee is ridiculous when admission is only 17.

If you're selling the game, make the buyer pay the removal fee. Problem solved. It's their game at that point.

#53 7 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Just want to make sure I have this straight -
    Seller brings a pin for sale and puts it on the floor for free play, thus avoiding the $17 entrance fee.
    Attendee pays $17 entrance fee, decides to buy said pin, and then has to pay another $25 on top of that if he leaves with it before a certain time.
    So in effect, Seller got to enjoy the show AND sell his pin for free, while attendee pays twice. Am I understanding this correctly?

Not quite. The seller had to haul the pin to the show and set it up, which in my opinion is worth at least $17.

#72 7 years ago

I would turn it around. Reward the people who leave their games until the last day with a $25 gift certificate or something. If someone is bringing a bunch of games, ask if you can help offset their transportation costs (I spend $200 every year to rent a U-Haul to bring my games to our local show). Ask if they'll need help with setup and unloading, and assign a volunteer to work with them.

While I agree that it is a "privilege" to participate in a show, I think it's fair to say that it's also a huge burden. The cost to bring a game far outweighs the reward, and those of us who do usually do it for the love of Pinball.

#147 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Please. Nobody 's game has EVER been damaged by a player at a pinball show. It just doesn't happen.

There's always a chance, but you rarely hear of it happening (and this is Pinside, so you KNOW we'd be hearing about it if it's happening). I've brought a total of 16 games to shows over the last 2 years. The only play-related casualty was a broken shooter knob on Congo.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-harassment-never-again?tu=swampfire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.