Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 167 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0172.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otaku.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#37 7 years ago

(Read to the end)

I bought a machine from Ivan after throwing him a very serious offer Saturday of all of the money I even had to spend (literally), having it get laughed at in my face, then offering $25 more (borrowed from a buddy) and it got accepted as long as the machine stays until the end of the day and it was stated many times, as he wanted to make sure, I suppose. However, I always do this anyways. I do it at the York show and at Pinfests. Any machine I buy and or bring stays on the floor for play until the last second. My Domino was one of the absolute last games plugged in this year and I had to plug it in like 3 more times at the end because people were collecting power strips and whatnot. I can see why people might want to turn the games off or pull them out early, but for me it's all about sharing and it's one of my favorite parts of the hobby which is why I leave them, because I can easily load them up alone anyways later on.

I get immense joy just watching other people enjoy them even if I just bought it and want to protect it. I don't even bring machines to sell, I bring not-for-sale games that I have worked on for hours for the purpose, and just let people enjoy them. I look forward to the shows not only to play and hang out but also to do this.

I was a little upset and put off by Ivan's actions towards the sale, but only towards the part not related to the "it needs to stay thing" (so it's irrelevant to this discussion), as I was planning to do that anyways and I think it was very fair in that regard and obviously am okay with, because I always do it anyways. I tried to explain that in addition to saying "okay, sure" but I guess it didn't go across as intended, didn't really matter anyways. Regardless, I do see why they try hard to get the machines to stay because it does get rather barren Friday night let alone Saturday afternoon. I felt a bit better after talking to other collectors about it and showing them my new purchase which they thought was great and I ended up feeling really good about it. I have no ill feelings towards Ivan and would do business with him again, hopefully this post doesn't seem rude. Gave him a wave and got one back as I left pretty late at night Saturday after taking down my machines, some of the last ones left. It was cool of him to bring so many games, including wedgeheads for our row.

I think we both ended up with a very good, fair deal and I was happy to spend the extra $25. I was also happy to leave the machine there as requested and load up/take down myself of course, as I was already planning to do anyways and even told a seller I bought a machine from at York to leave it there after he offered to load it up for me for free. It's really fun to see people enjoy these for the rest of the day while doing little tweaks and upgrades (like this year I bought coin entry plates it was missing from Mayfair and popped them in, also tweaked pop bumpers which were working incorrectly, switched to 5-ball, etc.) and seeing how it performs. The show is also a great place for this as you literally have a giant asset of parts, if you would need any, like my coin plates which I bought from Mayfair. As stated previously, I would do business with Ivan again.

It must be a stressful job to run this and I commend the staff on that. I do think this curly-headed character (not Ivan, I would assume, his hair isn't even close to curly) should be investigated though if he's being rude about things like a question of when the show ends let alone the rest.

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You need to learn how to edit man.
    Congrats on the domino cool game.

Huh?

And I also bought a Spin-A-Card, I brought the Domino from home. Put a lot of hours into it before the show!

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sorry...I got a little lost wading through your epic post.
    I played that spin a card, wasn't it right next to a hearts and spades?

That was a different one, this one was in the first row next to Out Of Sight and Trail Drive. (All brought by Ivan)

This one might have been a little bit dirtier but will clean up even nicer! Still can't believe how nice the cabinet and playfield are, besides little issues on these two dare I say "perfect"... Can't wait to clean all of the grime off of it and get it looking even nicer.

EDIT: Might as well include pictures http://imgur.com/a/mqUgj

#57 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_M:

When you register a free play machine at Pinfest is it "per day" or are they looking for full 2 day commits? This was my first Pinfest and I'm looking forward to bringing my IJ for free play next year; hopefully with headphones so everyone can enjoy the PinSound re-orchestration. Ideally I'd have it there till closing Friday night; just not crazy about keeping it there all day Saturday and then having a long drive home Saturday night.

There are designated removal times towards the end of each night for removing games. Decently earlier from when the show ends too.

#104 7 years ago

Maybe there's just no honest solution.

How about just "no removal before XX:XX PM" without listing a fee? I think this sounds a lot more stern than "leave your machine or pay this small fee", sure, some people will really need to go and will bring it up to the staff but I feel like the ones who really don't have to go will stay. The current thing almost sounds like an open invitation in a way, just as long as you pay. Isn't this what the York show does, just straight out "no removal machines until XX:XX PM" without listing any kind of penalty? Seems to work great.

"Let's just get this machine loaded in my car early, might as well just pay the $25 on this game I paid $3500 for, why not?"

vs.

"I can't load this machine up yet, it's not allowed"

#164 7 years ago

What about like a deposit that you get back if you games stays until one of the designated removal times?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otaku.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-harassment-never-again?tu=otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.