Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 167 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0172.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#103 7 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

1 - Make the removal fee $150 to really help discourage people leaving with pins early.

And enjoy your empty game hall. Who in their right mind would bring a game with that sword of damocles hanging over their head??

Quoted from Ivan1496:

Its clear that a more aggressive stance or excessive deterrent is in order. Things have gotten way out of hand. I’ve known this for a few years now. We will continue to adjust and plans are in the works.

So your plan is more stick, less carrot? Good luck with that.

#106 7 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I can't stand when people start breaking down and taking games early from a show. It's not safe in a crowd of people and it's a buzz kill while the show is still going on. I brings free play games to almost every show I go to and I stay until it ends no matter how tired I am.

Your dedication is admirable, but sometimes it's not just simple tiredness that forces people to leave a show early. Some simply can't stay to the very end, and some of those people may want to bring games. Would you rather have a game available for play at a show for 90% of the show's duration, or would you rather have that game available for 0% of the show's duration? Stupidly draconian removal rules will result in fewer games in the long run.

#126 7 years ago

Insisting that people keep games out until the very end of the show just reduces the pool of people willing to bring games. I really think you should go the other way. Have a best-of contest with a number of good prizes, game must be present at end to be considered. Maybe try a system where folks get no discount this year, but get free tickets for next year when their game stays til the end. Repeat each show and people who bring games will always get in for free, but only if they stick around each year.

There's just too many reasons someone may have to bail early to make early removal completely verboten.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-harassment-never-again?tu=metallik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.