Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 167 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0172.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PNorth.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#47 7 years ago

At the end of the day, everyone's going to look at it from their own perspective. Ivan's got to look at from the perspective of running a show, and getting vendors to the show.

If I was a vendor, I'd want the show to be going with all the 'donated' pins on the floor until close, as it means more hours for people to shop. When pins start leaving the floor in the middle of the afternoon, it creates the feeling that the show's over and people are packing up, yet I paid for floor space for a certain amount of time. Having a large amount of vendors there is imperative to the show, so they have to get value.

Perhaps the solution is for their to be an agreement that people bringing pins for free play are essentially 'renting' the pin to the show for the entirety of the show. The $25 early withdrawal fee is just a token fee that many will just pay to get out of there and doesn't have the deterrent effect desired.

It's a fine line... for the show to happen, you need people to bring pins and for them to stay, yet at the same time, you don't want to be too draconian about the rules, or people won't bring them. I don't envy Ivan having to deal with this.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PNorth.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-harassment-never-again?tu=PNorth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.