Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 169 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jrobinso99
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20141109_192310.jpg
    IMG-20150308-WA0026.jpeg
    Mike.jpg
    sideluxe.jpg
    bbq copy.png
    22.jpg
    pinside-badge.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nextopin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Anyone have any info? The website has not been updated for 2015.

#7 9 years ago

I got a reply from Ivan, he said they will be expanding the area this year. I'm still waiting to hear about vendor spots and Thursday setup.

#27 9 years ago

Don't forget you can print out your very own personalized Pinside badge from your profile page!

pinside-badge.jpgpinside-badge.jpg
    #49 9 years ago

I've sent 2 emails asking for vendor info. No response yet. Home there is still room.

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from MeatWithGravy:

Hi, noob here. I'm considering attending Pinfest 2015. It would be my first ever pinball show. I'd bring the wife and we'd be traveling from Brooklyn. We don't have a vehicle so we'd have to rent one. Which raises a handful of questions:
    If I were to buy my first pin there, what kind of a rental vehicle should I be driving? Will a pin fit in a car, or do I need a truck or a van? Do sellers typically remove the legs and fold down the head for the buyer? Or should I bring appropriate tools for this? Once I've got the pin to my front door and up two flights of stairs, would I be able to get it through my apartment door? Door's just under 29" wide. I imagine guys do this all the time, but what do I know? Maybe all pin collectors live on the ground floor or have spacious service elevators in their apartment buildings fitted with nice wide double doors.
    Finally, do most folks attend both days, or just one. From a player's perspective, I know that I begin to feel fatigued after three straight hours of pinball. After six straight hours, I'm pretty much spent. But then, I guess there's the flea market portion and the bar within walking distance? What do you guys do?
    Sorry this is all over the place with a million questions. Like I said, never done this before. Any pointers from you Pinfest veterans would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, and I hope to meet you in May.

I would go with the dodge caravan or the town and country with "stow and go" seating. I used a rental a few weeks ago and I was able to fit 2 EM pinball machine in the back with some room to spare.

#88 9 years ago
    Quoted from tjohns14:

I think the OP is getting tired of winter already. LOL. I wish it was May fun times to be had at Allentown. For all you that have not been there bring the wife or other, the farmers market next door is so very good.

I was tired of NY winter in October. Pinfest 2014 was my first pinball show, I've been waiting all year to go back again. I plan to bring a few pin for sale/freeplay. Can't wait.

What's a good hotel nearby?

#93 9 years ago
    Quoted from EricR:

What.. single digit temperatures, a foot of snow, and gusting winds today weren't a good time in your mind?

Well, I did get a snow day, but I had to spend most of it working instead of playing pinball.

#95 9 years ago

Get some pinheads together and start one!

#97 9 years ago

I'm sure there is alot more involved than getting some people together. I thought about trying to start a small show at a local VFW or church or someplace where people have craft shows etc.

It would be cool if some of the folks that run the bigger shows could make a guide on how to start a local show.

1 month later
    #104 9 years ago

Soo. I last night I realized that the new Avengers movie opens on May 1st, anyone up for going to see the movie after the show closes?

Also, I'm thinking of bringing some pins to sell in the freeplay area. I've never brought pins to a show before, any advice/tips would be appreciated.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nextopin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-2015?tu=nextopin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.