Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 141 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pinwiz1985
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3207.JPG
    IMG_3206.JPG
    IMG_0829.JPG
    IMG_3213.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toddwino.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from Craig:

I bought a bunch of parts and a few tools and then came the big surprise: the totally, beautifully restored High Speed. If you took a good long look at it, you know what I am talking about. I feel incredibly lucky to have had the chance to buy a classic machine in such tremendous shape. Many, many thanks to Jim for all the time and, especially, the talent he poured into this project. I have some nice pins, but this is the one I am truly delighted to own. One of a kind.

The powder coating on the metal rails really made that thing pop. I could have done without the powercoat all over the outside though.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

I mentioned thus somewhere else but had to add that some machines started out well and fine but just took such a beating. I had the totan. Yesterday morning it was up, cleaned, and working 100%. Game took some plays for sure. More plays in 2 days then it's had in a decade. But people were disrespecting the machines. I saw my machine shaken, shoved, kicked, smacked. And the big daddy picking the machine up by its front legs and slamming it down.
    So just bear in mind that you may see a machine that's in need of love but you don't know what issues the game had before the show.

I saw a lot of mis-use/abuse going on as well. At one point I asked the guy who was banging the crap out of the Swords of Fury (non-led version) if it was his machine, and he said, "No, is it yours?" I told him if it was mine, I would have shut if off right away because nobody should treat a machine like that when it is on free play. He just looked at with no response.

#22 10 years ago

KUDOS TO THE SHOW AND ITS ORGANIZERS!!!

This show was great - IMHO, it i much better than the York show. There are more vendors, more machines, and the lighting was better as well. The vendors were nice - it was great to finally meet some of the people I talk to a lot.

Played a bunch of games I had been on the fence about - specifically Swords of Fury and Jackbot. I'll be passing on Swords, Jackbot was a nice game and it played really well. There were a good deal of EM's there as well for sale.

The people who run the show have no control over the nearby food (or lack thereof), so it's hard to blame York for not being as top-notch as Allentown. I grew up in Easton, and the Allentown Fairgrounds was always a cool place to go. I think I spent more money on food today than on pinball parts.

Todd

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

All over the outside? It was a single stage gloss black. As plain as it comes as far as powder goes

Like I said, IMHO. Weren't the the legs done as well?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toddwino.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-2013-top-ten-list?tu=toddwino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.