Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 141 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pinwiz1985
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3207.JPG
    IMG_3206.JPG
    IMG_0829.JPG
    IMG_3213.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider njgecko.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 10 years ago

I mentioned thus somewhere else but had to add that some machines started out well and fine but just took such a beating. I had the totan. Yesterday morning it was up, cleaned, and working 100%. Game took some plays for sure. More plays in 2 days then it's had in a decade. But people were disrespecting the machines. I saw my machine shaken, shoved, kicked, smacked. And the big daddy picking the machine up by its front legs and slamming it down.
    So just bear in mind that you may see a machine that's in need of love but you don't know what issues the game had before the show.

#42 10 years ago

It was funny, I bought new leg plates for the game and didn't get around to installing them. The old ones had one or two stripped holes, but at home I wasn't too worried. When we got there for setup, I installed them just because I figured the game would get some movement. I actually really believe that if I had the old plates still in, when the guy did that he would probably have sheared the remaining bolts and dropped the machine. And I would bet he would have walked away from it.

Nudging is fine...and seeing some really animated play was great. It's actually one of the highlights of seeing other people play a game I own. I'm a fair player. But seeing a good player make a machine sing and dance like I can only imagine really is awesome!

#43 10 years ago

Oh, gotta add my own top ten list...

1) Ted's legs spread out by Alex for the world to see!
    2) The high speed was gorgeous, and I'm really glad Jim got it working and it found a new home!
    3) Playfield glass for $25/sheet...can't ever find it easily locally
    4) Having the vendors right THERE when your machine breaks. Where else can you toast a power driver board and get a new one in ten minutes flat?
    5) Having someone walk up to you and say "Are you NJGecko?" out of the blue
    6) Buying a WoZ from Jack directly
    7) Seeing an AFM for sale in the outdoor flea market for $6500 sitting in the baking sun with no legs on the bare gravel
    8) Awesome venue...having the farmers market was great...I remember the main food source at York was the french fry cart!
    9) Less smelly people....deodorant was properly used by all!
    10) Marco's Avengers setup. First time for me playing the game, didn't enjoy it, but I did enjoy being able to watch other people play on the monitor. Could really get a good feel for what's going on and without having to crowd the machine.

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Pictures or it did it happen.

Don't you mean pictures or it didn't happen?

#49 10 years ago

Yep, morning coffee here too before getting back to the real world of grocery shopping and planing down doors to fit after carpeting install last week.

Good to see you again by the way...amazing that we live 15 minutes apart and run into each other 2 hours away!

#52 10 years ago

How did you miss Ted? That's an achievement!

#56 10 years ago

Yea, you probably just missed him. It's not the nametag that gave him away...it was either the guy walking around with the giant T2 topper or the hawaiian shirt that were his subtle giveaways!

I was kind of flipped out too. A lot more stressful than I would have thought. Anxious bringing the machine out and getting it set up, bummed that it didn't sell in the first ten minutes, irked at people abusing the game, happy to see people enjoying it, glad talking to friends, frustrated when the machine was DOA Friday night, glad that I fixed it Saturday morning, excited at the sudden flood of interest, stoked when it sold, thrilled to put cash down on WoZ, and, of course, glad to finally be at home!

#71 10 years ago

Bill...
    Yea, I literally walked over from point A to B...cash in hand cash gone!

Bought it from Jack directly...not sure who he winds up putting it through. I should find out tomorrow. I have a hand-written receipt from Jack on the back of a business card for now!

#103 10 years ago

I swear we had the same discussion before York!
    I say someone makes nice tshirts with our names across the back like sports jerseys.

Neat idea I think. Granted not much chance of those shirts getting worn anywhere else.

#126 10 years ago

York...long way away!
    My own opinion...York very different crowd as far as machines and people. Allentown was much bigger. York was smaller and had a different batch of machines. If I recall, there were three or four gorgars, and a few more A-listers, but the lines were a little longer. The flea market seemed bigger with more "stuff" to peruse. Allentown seemed to have more complete machines for sale in the market.

Agree that the games there may not all be in perfect order. For sale games definitely as-is. Not for sale games brought for free play should at least be able to play though!

#136 10 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

speaking of which, it really sucks when you are waiting for a pin, and the guy looks over at you in between ball locks on the third ball, and then just pushes start when it's game over.
    I hope he's a pinsider and sees this. The game was Corvette. You don't go for the double dose.

Agreed! I was really hoping to get in a game on the TF there and had two people in front of me. Guy started a 4 player game and played all 4 players himself

But then again, I had a complete stranger offer to partner a two player with me.

I love the chance to play games I've never played and I also love the chance to see how two identical games can play totally differently.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider njgecko.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-2013-top-ten-list?tu=njgecko and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.