Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 141 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pinwiz1985
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3207.JPG
    IMG_3206.JPG
    IMG_0829.JPG
    IMG_3213.JPG
    There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 10 years ago

It was great to meet so many Pinsiders this weekend..... NJGecko (glad the TOTAN got running), SilverUnicorn, Rockfantasyman (I am coming to that pinball mecca in Middletown sometime soon), Shlocdoc & YZFguy (very briefly in the far reaches of the indoor flea market) and on and on.

Somehow I missed Pinchroma and SPFXTED - next time.

#52 10 years ago

How did you miss Ted? That's an achievement!

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from rockfantasyman:

1 the tournaments
    2 meeting with old friends in the pinball hobby
    3 making new friends in the pinball hobby
    4 the gathering of pinball players , collectors , dealers , vendors
    5 the weather
    6 the farmers market pizza
    7 the marco banners
    8 the giant strikes n spares backglass
    9 getting to play some old favorites
    10 faith at the rock fantasy concert shop booth

This is like whoa man.....deja vu

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

How did you miss Ted? That's an achievement!

From what I can gather from other messages, he probably arrived in Allentown around the time on Saturday I was in "Get the hell out of here" mode - I left on Saturday about 11:30 - I was "flipped out" by that point (after all day Friday as well) and had some other things I wanted to do with My Saturday.

From what I can understand, his nametag was visible for miles. <eg>

#55 10 years ago

faith at the rock fantasy concert shop booth

#56 10 years ago

Yea, you probably just missed him. It's not the nametag that gave him away...it was either the guy walking around with the giant T2 topper or the hawaiian shirt that were his subtle giveaways!

I was kind of flipped out too. A lot more stressful than I would have thought. Anxious bringing the machine out and getting it set up, bummed that it didn't sell in the first ten minutes, irked at people abusing the game, happy to see people enjoying it, glad talking to friends, frustrated when the machine was DOA Friday night, glad that I fixed it Saturday morning, excited at the sudden flood of interest, stoked when it sold, thrilled to put cash down on WoZ, and, of course, glad to finally be at home!

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Thanks I hope you enjoyed it. We sold out of headphone kits 3 hrs before the show ended Saturday. Acdc bib le got some miles on her, but she did the job.
    Thanks,
    Lorenzo
    Pinnovators.com

Lorenzo, you are a bamf... and a kind soul . Thanks for letting me pop my ac/dc cherry, now I am gonna have to hustle to get some money together for a prem! Loved your audio product, a must have!

-John (big dude with the Dime shirt)

#58 10 years ago

@NJGecko Excellent! It sold! (I did not ask because I was afraid to ask LOL).

Did you proceed immediately to PinballSTAR and make your WOZ order with Joe? (Great guy) - Or is that still pending?

I was fascinated that as you and I stood there talking about "The ball on TOTAN gets stuck behind the Genie - that very thing happened followed by the guy playing it WALLOPING the game on the side with his fist right as we walked up. He looked like the cat that swallowed the canary, not realizing the owner had witnessed this abuse LOL. Sold now so that is that.

#59 10 years ago

My first pinfest
    my higlights
    1 Buying an super nice RFM
    2 playing a TZ that was so nice I thought it was a privilege to play
    3 playing Iron man, just awesome
    4 kicking my self for not picking up the SG (wife was along)
    5 5 pcs of glass for $115 was a deal
    6 watching my daughter get into Avengers
    7 Seeing all the addicts like myself
    8 Meeting lots of great people
    9 The food at the farmers market was great
    10 Looking forward to the next one!

Bought the RFM on a whim, really felt bad the Dr Who was allready sold when I got there
    on Friday at around 1 pm. Kind of noticed alot of neglected pins that need some TLC
    but what a chance to play some pins I never have before. All in all a great time
    and even better when you have to unload a pin into your game room the next day
    RFM is really cool, kinda different but a nice addition to my line up

#60 10 years ago

It was great to meet alot of pinsiders and see some old freinds, past customers, over the last two days and what a long 2 days on your feet.
    I will say its the last one till expo ill attend. I was @ Ohio, MGC (set up with woz), MPE, Patz, and then allentown. Most probably seen me in the other distributors booths trying to answer questions about WOZ or talking pinball or working on a problem if i could lend a hand or help them make a sale, (Yes you heard that right, we meaning most of us except for a few Dist., no names mentioned you know who you are! try to not undercut each other even by 100 DOLLARS!!!.
    I scored the The Shadow form Dennis and the TOM from i believe Eric early on Sat morning and hats off great guys to deal with.
    It was my first year to be there and its a really nice show. The Market and the brew house were great!.
    I did see some poor quality games as well, but still hats off to them a s well for making the atempt to bring them!

See ya if you stop by or se you @ EXPO

Pincades
    Chicagoland JJP Dist.
    219-924-PINS
    JT

As always if you were @ the show and missed playing WOZ you can always stop if im around and play it @ Pincades. PHONE FIRST 219-924-PINS Im about 5-7min off 80/94 and Clne Ave in Griffith,IN. 46319

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Pictures or it did it happen.

I couldn't take pictures, the family that bought it with their 10yo son were right there....I was heart broken.....

#62 10 years ago

pics???? someone took one im sure...

#63 10 years ago

Bummed I didn't meet but one Pinsider there Friday. Agree with most all the comments on the games. The one SWE1 had a monitor so bad it was black so almost gone. I'm sure many of the games brought are some projects that someone wants to sell though.

Great time! This was my second time; went last year. Didn't seem as crowded Friday. I was there Friday only with two non pin friends (They like to play though) that wanted to go. We were there from noon until only about 2-3. They were starting to get a bit bored and tired of many games not working. So we went to Grumpy's BBQ. That place is great!

#64 10 years ago
    Quoted from 80spit:

My first pinfest
    my higlights
    1 Buying an super nice RFM
    2 playing a TZ that was so nice I thought it was a privilege to play
    3 playing Iron Man, just awesome
    4 kicking my self for not picking up the SG (wife was along)
    5 5 pcs of glass for $115 was a deal
    6 watching my daughter get into Avengers
    7 Seeing all the addicts like myself
    8 Meeting lots of great people
    9 The food at the farmers market was great
    10 Looking forward to the next one!

Bought the RFM on a whim, really felt bad the Dr Who was allready sold when I got there
    on Friday at around 1 pm. Kind of noticed alot of neglected pins that need some TLC
    but what a chance to play some pins I never have before. All in all a great time
    and even better when you have to unload a pin into your game room the next day
    RFM is really cool, kinda different but a nice addition to my line up

I had the Stargate there. I was so surprised it was played non-stop all weekend. One flipper bat adjustment all weekend as it looked a little off to me. At times there were 3 people waiting in line to play it.....That was cool!

To all I spoke to I messed up on my thoughts on Bostonpinball pricing on the Stargate. I thought it said average price over the last year was 2800 when average selling price was actually 2400! Im truly sorry I had my facts incorrect. I think roadshow was the pin I had in mind on the 2800 price.

But when it comes to pricing I thought this was an interesting thing. By the end of the show I had it priced at 2200 obo. I didn't get a call until very late in the show. A father and son that drove from kentucky! Great people! I took a best offer from him under 2200 on that stargate. I don't mind if he states what he got it for but it was a good deal under the 2400 average selling price from boston over the last year. Im glad it went to him and his son! As we shook hands I got a second call hehe. I feel the stargate was above average and others that played it can chime in on condition. But this year I bet there were 75% less pins sold.

But prices have and are falling. Last year at the show that SG would of sold for 2400. I sold two pins last year for fair prices very early in the show.

#65 10 years ago
    Quoted from scottc:

I had the Stargate there. I was so surprised it was played non-stop all weekend. One flipper bat adjustment all weekend as it looked a little off to me. At times there were 3 people waiting in line to play it.....That was cool!

I played your Stargate and I enjoyed it IMMENSELY. It is a game that somehow I never had previous experience with.

Very nice that you found a loving home for it. Thanks for bringing it!

#66 10 years ago

First time i played stargate and loved it. Your machine was in great condition. Thanks for bringing it and glad you sold it.

#67 10 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

First time i played Stargate and loved it. Your machine was in great condition. Thanks for bringing it and glad you sold it.

I REALLY liked whirlwind. What a great game that was. I am going to have to find one.

#68 10 years ago

Me too

#69 10 years ago

Oh yes... A little Faith goes a long way!

Nice to meet you Steve.

\m/

#70 10 years ago

1 the tournaments
    5 the weather
    7 the marco banners

Lol@10. Was that the girl with the red contact lenses.

#71 10 years ago

Bill...
    Yea, I literally walked over from point A to B...cash in hand cash gone!

Bought it from Jack directly...not sure who he winds up putting it through. I should find out tomorrow. I have a hand-written receipt from Jack on the back of a business card for now!

#72 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Lol@10. Was that the girl with the red contact lenses.

Sorry... I didn't notice her eyes.

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from IntoPinball:

Sorry... I didn't notice her eyes.

BWWWAAAHAHAHAHAH.

#74 10 years ago
    Quoted from PennSkier:

I played your Stargate and I enjoyed it IMMENSELY. It is a game that somehow I never had previous experience with.
    Very nice that you found a loving home for it. Thanks for bringing it!

SG pretty much rocks!

#75 10 years ago

1 the tournaments
    5 the weather
    7 the marco banners

Number ten should be number one , thanks for that dude, and she's nice as pie too, helped my 10and 13 year old sons buy some Metallica posters.

#76 10 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

Number ten should be number one , thanks for that dude, and she's nice as pie too, helped my 10and 13 year old sons buy some Metallica posters.

Were your sons actually looking at the posters?

#77 10 years ago

I'm not gonna lie; I'm a little disappointed that CCC hasn't been mentioned yet.

#78 10 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm not gonna lie; I'm a little disappointed that CCC hasn't been mentioned yet.

Eric you weren't there. I wanted to chat about the project! One geek to another.

I actually never got a chance to play it as I was working but the setup was impressive

#79 10 years ago

I brought a couple thousand and was looking for a pin to buy but from what I was looking at the condition just wasn't there (besides the jackbot). I was looking for a dr who, T2 or getaway. I almost pulled the trigger on mike's getaway but changed my mind at the last minute. Ivan's machines are usually in great condition so I was surprised at his t2 which needed about 4 or 5 coils replaced. I bought nearly 1000$ in parts instead - pinball pro subs, one of the giant dot leds and some head hpone speaker jacks from innovators -and I saw marco's sold out of some stuff by late saturday so I guess the vendors did good.

#80 10 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

Bummed I didn't meet but one Pinsider there Friday. Agree with most all the comments on the games. The one SWE1 had a monitor so bad it was black so almost gone. I'm sure many of the games brought are some projects that someone wants to sell though.

That SWE1 sold for $1400. I thought thought that was a good deal.

Chris

#81 10 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I mentioned it in another thread

Chris

#82 10 years ago

I wasn't even there and have never seen one of these, but my mouth waters everytime I see someone post about the cheesesteak pretzel wrap. I need this! Marco should start selling these as pinball accessories.

#83 10 years ago

Seems like the cheesesteak pretzels were a big hit. I tried one from the farmers market. It was good but failed in comparison to Pretzel Revolution in Kutztown PA. if anyone is in the Kutztown area you gotta check them out!

#84 10 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

Bill...
    Yea, I literally walked over from point A to B...cash in hand cash gone!
    Bought it from Jack directly...not sure who he winds up putting it through. I should find out tomorrow. I have a hand-written receipt from Jack on the back of a business card for now!

I wonder if he went under his own distributors radar and shystered them and stole the deal.

#85 10 years ago
    Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

I wonder if he went under his own distributors radar and shystered them and stole the deal.

Doubt it. The other end of this is that Gecko arranged to pick up* his WOZ (many months in the future when it is ready) at JJP World Headquarters - as such no distributor necessary, as no distributing occurs.

*This comes up in another pinside thread.

#86 10 years ago
    Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

No,

Pinballsales is the local nj distributor. He is picking it up at the factory.

#87 10 years ago

scottc, Thanks for bringing the stargate. I was there when you fixed the flipper. I wish I had the cash and bought it, but over extended myself again earlier this year. Definitely on my wish list. I got there around noon and the DR Who was allready gone too. I spotted it folded up behind a wwf machine and ran over, but saw the sold sign. I played a dracula as soon as I walked in and it was gone a short time later. Fun game.

#88 10 years ago

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in all the complaints about games that weren't dialed in, or had issues.

I brought 8 games to the show for free play. I did not have time to rebuild all the flippers on them, or shop them out before the show. I got the show a day early to set them up. I spent all day Friday keeping them running and fixing problems as they came up. By the time Friday night came, they had tons of play on them and the shopped out ones were downright filthy. I got to the show early Saturday AM. Cleaned and polished the games again, and fixed all the errors that I could. Games that were playing fine Friday AM now needed flipper kits as they received a few hundred hard plays on them. I bought and swapped in a new driver board because I had one game rebooting because of power issues, and wanted to make sure the game worked. I know I can fix the problem in the rebooting board but did not have time at the show to do cap work on it.

Bringing games to the show takes an enormous amount of work and time and is for the most part thankless. I've been bringing pins to the show for 4 years straight. I rent a u haul, drive 250 miles while leaving early in the am, and then spend hours getting them right. I love this show, and catching up with the pinsiders, but will take less pins to the show next year so I can possibly play a machine for a change.

#89 10 years ago

Eric- John wanted me to ask you if you sold all your games?

#90 10 years ago

I wasn't there, eabundy, but I always wondered "what was in it" for those who brought their own games w/out intent to sell. It sounds like a ton of work to setup (not to mention keep them running) and your reward is that your game(s) take a bit of a beating.

I for one thank you and all others who take time out of their lives to bring these to the show(s) for others to play...often for the very first, if not only, time.

#91 10 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Yes sir just having my morning coffee. The BBQ is packed up. The outdoor market was a great hang.

Thanks for the burger, good seeing you as always.

#92 10 years ago

"we" need a show much closer to the philly metropolis so that all you guys who love the cheesesteak pretzels can have a real cheesesteak... hot off the grill with a slather of whiz... mmmmm...

@eabundy... i hope you didn't take the comments personally, because i appreciate the fact that people do bring their machines... i'm sure it takes a lot of work to haul them there, set them up, etc., and i'm sure they take a beating once they get there... that being said, there were several machines that had obviously not been given the tlc that yours were given... i played all the em's*, and there were some in pretty sorry shape...

* i did play some ss/dmd's, and i did stand in line to play woz... it's a cool looking machine, but as an em guy, i was thoroughly confused... i enjoyed whacking the ball around, but my brain isn't trained to play "modern" pinball...

#93 10 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

My nephew and I both played your CCC. I told him to enjoy it as he may never see one again (as this was the first and only time I have played CC). We both loved it and even hung around to watch others play it. Later in the day he mentioned that that your machine was much more fun than the Pinball Arcade video game version. That's super high praise from a 14 year old. Thanks for sharing a great pin.

#94 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kolchak357:

My nephew and I both played your CCC. I told him to enjoy it as he may never see one again (as this was the first and only time I have played CC). We both loved it and even hung around to watch others play it. Later in the day he mentioned that that your machine was much more fun than the Pinball Arcade video game version. That's super high praise from a 14 year old. Thanks for sharing a great pin.

Awesome! Glad you liked it.

Only the code is mine, the machine belongs to thecnypinguy.

#95 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

but as an em guy, i was thoroughly confused... i enjoyed whacking the ball around, but my brain isn't trained to play "modern" pinball...

Same here ^ ccotenj , dont know if you played this there ,but man is it fast.
    Spanish version of the Royal Flush had me on my toes

IMG_3206.JPGIMG_3206.JPG IMG_3207.JPGIMG_3207.JPG

#96 10 years ago

^^^^
    That was fantastic to play.

#97 10 years ago

@pin-it...

yup, i played it, and yup, it certainly was a challenge... kicked me pretty good... real nice machine too...

it was listed for sale here on pinside awhile ago... edit: i'm not sure if we figured out whether or not there were "unique" unobtanium parts in it... if there isn't, i wouldn't mind owning it...

wish i had run into you and your less wise brother there...

#98 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

In the future I think 2" masking tape name tags will be in order for us all to figure whos who. Cheap but effective.

#99 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

Indeed... Haha

#100 10 years ago

Just catching up on all the Allentown posts. I went on Saturday, it was my third time there, first time at the new location and it was a great time. Got to see and play WOZ, all new Sterns, virtual pins, plus lots of games I've never seen or played before. Picked up a lot of parts, LED's, SMBMW translite for twenty bucks. It was also great hooking in with fellow pinheads.

I also brought the Maresa Flush mentioned in the posts above. It plays very fast because of the factory acrylic overlay. Just before the show I decided not to part with it, but I put it FS with a 'crazy money show price' anyway. Got a lot of comments about it, it was cool watching 2-3 players on it at a time. I didn't see any games being abused as mentioned in other posts, I actually got the opposite. A few times the rubber came off the slighshot causing it to machine-fire, someone texted me to let me know, other time someone turned the game off. Whoever it was, I appreciate it... Other than that the game held out great, and it probably got more games on in one day that it did in a year. One thing I noticed at the show that the glare from the ceiling light made some games almost unplayable, where I set mine was pretty bad too. Some insert lights were hard to see, so while the game was there I tried different types of LED's for the inserts from Cointaker and Ablaze. Cointaker's super brights win big time. I know the LED's and EM's are a touchy subject, but the Flush PF has such bright colors that IMO they actually look great.

There were some games in the free play that were not in the best shape, but there were also a LOT of great pins that were not for sale, brought to be enjoyed. Again, great show, good time.

John

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-2013-top-ten-list/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.