Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 days ago by jake35
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B2275D1C-C4CD-4F18-A3CE-DB037F880165 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4735 (resized).JPG
    Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 3.34.25 PM (resized).png

#1 37 days ago

Hey gang doing some housecleaning and came across some old DVDs of my ancient and short-lived Manhattan public access cable show.

Here's one from 2005, shot at the Allentown show.

Were you there? Maybe you are one of the people I talked to.

Anyway, enjoy. Or don't. It ain't gonna win any Emmys but it's at least a little bit of history, when the hobby was still tiny and populated mostly by old weirdos. There's at least one cool rare game you don't see often.

#2 37 days ago

Ha, nice. Time capsules are always great.

Time to re-submit them and get them on the schedule again!

#3 37 days ago

Price of Stern Dracula has not changed a bit

#5 37 days ago
    Quoted from woody76:

And it's still one of the ugliest games ever made.

I don't know why I was so down on Hollywood Heat though!

#6 37 days ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Great bargain these days... nice asymmetric layout, 2 100K specials to go for, 2 drop banks, spinner.. Awful sound and the art is ?!? but solid player

#7 37 days ago

Hey, Steve Young is there!

King Kong at 22:32

#9 37 days ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Hey, Steve Young is there!
    King Kong at 22:32

I'm pretty sure that was Mike Pacak's game...the balls were crazy nasty/rusted.

#10 37 days ago

HAHA. Did you post this years ago? I feel like I might have seen it on RGP.

The reason I'm laughing is I purchased the Road Show shown at about 6:30 in the video! You didn't really look at it but it shows up in the background.

Thanks for sharing

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 3.34.25 PM (resized).png

#11 37 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey gang doing some housecleaning and came across some old DVDs of my ancient and short-lived Manhattan public access cable show.
    Here's one from 2005, shot at the Allentown show.
    Were you there? Maybe you are one of the people I talked to.
    Anyway, enjoy. Or don't. It ain't gonna win any Emmys but it's at least a little bit of history, when the hobby was still tiny and populated mostly by old weirdos. There's at least one cool rare game you don't see often.

Before the carguments and the price bubbles and the “tell me how to spend my money” times were simple. Things were easy.

#12 37 days ago
    Quoted from altan:

HAHA. Did you post this years ago? I feel like I might have seen it on RGP.
    The reason I'm laughing is I purchased the Road Show shown at about 6:30 in the video! You didn't really look at it but it shows up in the background.
    Thanks for sharing
    [quoted image]

Yes I believe I split it into two and posted postage stamp-sized versions of it on RGP back then. You still got the Roadshow?

I remember what happened with maybe two of these games I bought...the Super Star I had actually bought because I had a customer looking for it (no other reason to buy that hideous atrocity!), I put it in his office on 5th ave and he was happy as a clam. The Abra Cadabra I sold to a guy in Brooklyn, we hit it off and he became a biz partner. The others I honestly have no clue.

Looking at my records, the T2 was $900 and the Doctor Who was $800 - it was some kind of African import! Kinda nasty but it worked. I was definitely a "budget shopper" back then.

#13 37 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes I believe I split it into two and posted postage stamp-sized versions of it on RGP back then. You still got the Roadshow?
    I remember what happened with maybe two of these games I bought...the Super Star I had actually bought because I had a customer looking for it (no other reason to buy that hideous atrocity!), I put it in his office on 5th ave and he was happy as a clam. The Abra Cadabra I sold to a guy in Brooklyn, we hit it off and he became a biz partner. The others I honestly have no clue.

I do!

It was a bit of a basket case... But that's what I used to like about Pinball. Getting projectors and repairing them. So hard to find now.

IMG_4735 (resized).JPG

#14 37 days ago
    Quoted from altan:

I do!
    [quoted image]

You remember how much?

I'm pretty sure those games were in a truck belonging to that old guy talking shit about Stern games early in the video.

#15 37 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You remember how much?
    I'm pretty sure those games were in a truck belonging to that old guy talking shit about Stern games early in the video.

Don't recall exactly. Maybe $1300 or $1400? Edit: Maybe $1200? I don't know.

Where in the video does the guy show up? I kind of skimmed through it. Maybe I'd recognize him.

#16 37 days ago

The guy at 7:45! Pretty sure that’s who I bought the T2 from.

#17 37 days ago

Ah yes. That seems to be the guy!

#18 37 days ago

Really cool. I was there. That's my daughter at 10:33 playing Gold Strike at age 9. Graduating college in a couple semesters. How time flies.

#19 37 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

but it's at least a little bit of history, when the hobby was still tiny and populated mostly by old weirdos.

Ha! Old weirdos and 14 year old me. I started attending shows in 2004. Back in those days I was mowing lawns and buying shitty EMs with the money I earned (much to my parents chagrin). I remember my first “big” purchase was a beat up Firepower at a whopping $300.

Things were nice then. Shows were small, and felt exclusive, like you were part of a cool club no one really understood or knew too much about. I’m glad pinball has grown so much since then, but man... I miss the prices of yore.

#20 36 days ago

It's funny watching the old man and myself trash Stern. I remember there was a bad batch of cab flipper switches at that time and flippers were dying all over town on new Stern games.

You have to understand Williams had only been gone five years, it was super recent history. Most of the games out there were still Williams games and a lot of the early Stern efforts were...lacking in comparison, going back 20 years to the DE days.

Happy to admit we were wrong, I think it's fair to say lots of 10-year old Stern games are still out there.

#21 36 days ago

Thanks for posting this! Wish I was in the hobby in 2005!

#22 36 days ago

Thanks for the video! Trying to remember the name of the guy playing Atlantis (17:01). We became friends over the years at the shows. Anyone know his name.
    Thanks

B2275D1C-C4CD-4F18-A3CE-DB037F880165 (resized).jpeg

#23 36 days ago
    Quoted from pindel:

Thanks for the video! Trying to remember the name of the guy playing Atlantis (17:01). We became friends over the years at the shows. Anyone know his name.
    Thanks
    [quoted image]

Sent you a PM

#24 36 days ago

Loved "Stern Sucks"! Not sure if he meant the SS era or the 2005 era machines. Would love that Dracula now for 450 bucks.

Interesting you spent most of your time in the video hanging around the EM's. Sign of the times.

Good to see Steve Young smiling! A true legend in the hobby. Yes, you better have your part number and your customer number ready when you get him on the phone

Never saw a King Kong before. looks like a cool light show.

Thanks for putting this up.

P.S. Early, wet NYC Grimy? Nah

#25 36 days ago

Everytime I have been to Allentown it was raining

#26 36 days ago

Thanks for the video, that was fun to flip through. The virtual pinball machine was awesome... someone put a 4:3 CRT monitor in the middle of the cab! I can't believe it, how far they have come.

#27 36 days ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm pretty sure that was Mike Pacak's game...the balls were crazy nasty/rusted.

Wonder what happened to it? Did he sell it?

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside