Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PennSkier
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

For people flying in, is Philly the best airport?

#2 11 years ago

I am not going but all my family lives in Allentown and the surrounding areas and when I visit or they visit we always fly in/out of Philly. It is about an hour drive.

There is a small local airport in Allentown(Lehigh Valley Airport), my mother, who hates driving, has taken a small plane from Allentown to Philly(also flies to/from other cities around) for fairly cheap before as well but obviously have to arrange another flight.

#3 11 years ago

You Can sometimes get decent prices to Allentown airport. I am in the middle of ATown and Newark and will use either depending on the best price at the time.

#4 11 years ago

The Allentown airport is great if you can get a flight to there. Small, easy to deal with. Philly is about 45 min - 1 hour, Newark is a bit further, depending on how you drive.

Many flights won't go to Allentown, or if they do, it's expensive. I have neber really had an issue with Philly or Newark though.

Chris

#5 11 years ago

I highly recommend Allentown (ABE - Lehigh Valley International Airport) if you can use it. Well worth the +$100 in plane fare to avoid Newark or Philly and the "big airport hassle."

Oh - and if you book a United Airlines "flight" to Allentown and it connects through Newark, be aware that they are FLYING you to Newark and then BUSSING you from Newark to Allentown anyway - it is buried in the details as "United Express Bus Service".

#6 11 years ago

I've never had any issues with Allentown airport and you will be right there !

PinballSTAR Amusements will be there with WOZ to play ! Jersey Jack will be with us in our booth come by to check out the game if you haven't seen it yet !

Joe Newhart
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    570-357-0042
    [email protected]
    www.PinballSTAR.com
    LIKE us on Facebook !

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from lrosent345:

For people flying in, is Philly the best airport?

Newark is a straight shot on route 78. About 60 minutes from EWR to Atown

#8 11 years ago

Philly & Newark are almost equal in distance depending on where you are staying. I prefer Philly, but airfare price/nonstop usually dictates my decision. ABE is a GREAT place to fly into, but it's usually more money & not a nonstop. Newark can be more confusing to get out of the airport area if you aren't familiar with where you are going. There are a lot of signs & quick decisions that have to be made. Philly it's left or right when you get out..(left) I would put both at about 1:15 drive depending on where you stay.

#9 11 years ago

I used to fly a lot for work and used ABE all the time. Convenient and quick being a smaller airport. It usually costs a little more and you often have to take a puddle jumper from Phila or Pitt depending on where you are coming from. But for me it was the most enjoyable method.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

Newark is a straight shot on route 78. About 60 minutes from EWR to Atown

85 miles from Newark Liberty to Atown on route 78. Somebody drives awfully fast...

viperrwk

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from viperrwk:

85 miles from Newark Liberty to Atown on route 78. Somebody drives awfully fast...

viperrwk

Non-rush hour "normal pace" of the traffic on I-78 is 75-80. Signed speed limit is 65 - but if that is your speed, stay in the right lanes or you risk a ticket for "Impeding Traffic Flow" or "Failure to Keep Right".

Complicating Factor: I-78 from I-287 west to the PA border can be one long speed trap - OR you never see a cop even once.

You take your chances.

I've never been pulled over on I-78 and I "stay with the flow" of 75-80. The ones who seem to get pulled over are the ones that weave or are CONSPICUOUSLY higher than the flow.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.