2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by rgb635
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

allen.png
    creatureman (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg

There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #103 2 years ago

Sorry to hear this and for your loss, He did some great work.

#104 2 years ago

So sorry to hear of Allens passing. Your work together was appreciated far and wide. I was so impressed I managed to buy a Treasurecove restored ToM second hand from the US and it is still one of the nicest restorations I have ever seen. My deepest sympathies to you and all of the families. Nice that you will have so many fond memories though Ray to help you through what I can only imagine the toughest time.

#105 2 years ago

Allen was an asset to the Industry, my thoughts and prayers are with your family at this time.

He will be sadly missed

Wayne Gillard
    Australia

#106 2 years ago

Very sad news and my deepest sympathy to Allen's family. I purchased his "Treasure cove" kit to perform restoration on several of my games. His tips for repair and video I still refer to. He made me several sets of custom restoration labels and decals with serial numbers with my name which were great. Allen will be greatly missed.

#107 2 years ago

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. So sorry for your loss.

#109 2 years ago

Sorry for your loss, Ray.

I'd like to see the famous garage door pic.

#110 2 years ago

Ray, I am sorry to hear this news. I would like to pay my respects in a picture to your brother.

Brad

allen.png

#111 2 years ago

Terrible news, I'm so sorry for your loss. We have also lost a great asset to the hobby.

#112 2 years ago

We are very sorry for your loss. Blessings to you and your family in these difficult times.

#113 2 years ago

So sorry to hear Ray. Spoke w/your brother a few years back and enjoyed a nice conversation.

My condolences to you and your families.

Russ Cashdollar

#114 2 years ago

my condolences go out to you, ray, and the rest of your (and allen's) families. the community will be a little less than it was without allen.

I only spoke with him a few times in the 10+ years that I've been a part of the community, but they were great conversations and he was always willing to share tips and tricks

#115 2 years ago

RIP Allen. One of the good guys in the hobby.
    Bill

#116 2 years ago

Sorry to hear about Allen's passing Ray. WOW, this one is a shocker. I read this post last night before I went to bed and thought about the memories of my time with Allen.

My brother, Garry, was the one who first introduced me to Allen, Ray and TreasureCove. We just got into the hobby and began purchasing some pins with less than adequate restorations and conditions. Garry started looking around on the web under "pinball restorations and sells" and found a place called TreasureCove and, lo and behold, was in the City of Jeffersonville from which we lived. I remember meeting Allen, Ray and Brian for the first time. Brian is his son who helped with the restorations and I remember one time his daughter helped out briefly in touch ups on the pins. I still have her homemade topper on my AFM pin which is awesome. It was definitely a family owned and operated business. I was impressed with their workmanship and always felt jealous of Allen having a job working in the garage restoring these toys. Sometimes I would just go over to his house and look around his garage (workshop), amazed at all of the cool pinball stuff sitting around. I teased Allen how the money he got from me helped pay for his wife's sports car one year. LOL

Yes, my brother and I ended up buying some of TreasureCove's restorations, with me buying 9 pins (AFM, MM. MB, TOM, TAF, CV, JP, Frankenstein, SS) and Garry getting CFTBL and TZ. My brother and I always teased each other how our pins sometimes smelled like fabric softner to our delight, since his work area was by the laundry room of their household. LOL I recalled the excitement when I called my brother after I finally got the call from Allen saying my pin was ready. Allen's house (and his famous garage door) was just a hop, skip and jump away from my house (maybe 4 miles, tops) and I couldn't wait to get there. LOL I felt like I was just an infant back in the day in terms of collecting pinballs and it's history. Between TreasureCove and Chris Bucci's YouTube videos, I don't know which one influenced me the most in this hobby back in those days. We wheeled and dealed on the pin purchases and I'm sure we didn't see eye to eye on things, but it was always professional and I remember countless times he would come to my house to fix a pin problem I would have (usually for free). Whenever I knocked on the front door of his house, he always let me in to say hi, even just for a brief moment of me walking to his workshop. He showed my brother and I just a couple tips of the trade and an TAF that was so damaged you could see the wood on it. Yep, I ended up buying that restoration from him and I still have most of his restorations in my collection to this date.

I quit buying from Allen several years ago, only because I purchased most of the Bally/Williams pins I wanted in my collection. IMO, Allen's Bally/Williams restorations was his specialty. Since Allen was more of a restorer than a distributor and with me gravitating towards the newer Stern/JJ pins, my interest and money went some place else. I saw Allen a couple of times per chance just by going around town and he always stated he wanted to come over and check out my mancave that he helped started, but I'm sure life got in the way like it usually does.

Didn't mean to make this to a "pinball eulogy", just wanted to tell a story. Rest in Peace Allen and may God look over your family during this difficult time. Thanks for being my pinball buddy.

Larry

#117 2 years ago

RIP Allen. You were a great asset to the pinball community and will be greatly missed. May there be a plethora of minty fresh pins for you to enjoy in Heaven! My condolences to Ray and his family.

#118 2 years ago

My condolences to the family. A staple of the community lost.

#121 2 years ago

Sad news indeed. He was the first person that i saw doing high end cleaning and restoring. I learned a lot just from his pics.

#122 2 years ago

Sorry for your loss. It's a loss for everyone that's in this Hobby. He helped me when I needed something like a part and always enjoyed his website and the top 10 list.

#123 2 years ago

Very sorry to hear this - been dealing with you guys for years now. He will be missed!

Scott

#124 2 years ago

Sorry to hear this. Had a few emails with Allen and sent him some decals for a MB restoration project.

All the best to you and your family.

#125 2 years ago

Sorry to hear of Allen's passing. I had to check and I still have e-mail correspondence with Allen from as early as 2004. He was an asset to the community and the garage door and TC polishing kits will certainly be a part of pinball lore forever. RIP friend.

#126 2 years ago

My sincere condolences Ray and family. Allen was a true asset that had an immense impact on this hobby and an incredible restorer. I had the pleasure of dealing with him many times over the years and he was always great.

This is really strange, I was just looking at some of his pics on IPDB the on Tuesday and appreciating his contributions there. I am shocked and saddened by this news.

Allen, you will be missed.

#127 2 years ago

So sorry to hear this. We just talked recently. Never a good time of year to lose a loved one but this time of year isn't any easier. Praying for your family through this.

#128 2 years ago

I am so sorry for your loss. This is one of those rare threads that makes your heart skip a beat. I think we all feel a loss, and a little lucky to have had him in the community.

#129 2 years ago

Terrible news. So sorry for your loss.

#130 2 years ago

I am very sorry for your loss...

#131 2 years ago

Oh no. This is so sad and a great loss to the pinball community. Sorry to hear this Ray. Condolences to you and your family.

#132 2 years ago

He was exactly my age. Makes me ponder my own mortality. There is one thing for certain about Allen. He was a brilliant man . . . perhaps even a genius. The world has been drained of a surely unique person. Such depressing news. To Allen's family, we all mourn with you.

Mike Giorgio

#133 2 years ago

My condolences to you and your family. God Speed.

#134 2 years ago

So sorry for your loss. Allen helped me out on my first restore about a decade ago and I always reached out when starting a project. He will be missed. -Taylor

#135 2 years ago

We really appreciate everyone's concern and sympathy. It gave me a much needed chuckle after reading about the "Allen balls" pic we made a few years ago. It will be hard for us going forward without him, that's definitely for sure.
    Thanks Ray

#136 2 years ago

Im so sorry to hear about your loss, I had many dealings with Allen, he was one of the good ones.

Harry

#137 2 years ago

Allen was a pleasure to deal with and was just a nice guy--and super helpful. He will be missed by the pinball community.

#138 2 years ago

I'm very sorry to hear this, Ray. RIP, Allen.

#139 2 years ago

Very sorry for your loss.

1 month later
    #140 2 years ago

Sorry to hear that.

#141 2 years ago

My condolences to you and your family.

3 weeks later
    #142 2 years ago

Looked up Black Rose on Google pics yesterday. What pops up, the garage door.
    His pictures of restored machines will always be with us. Looking thru BR we see a great restoration and his dedication he had.
    Alan..your pictures are always with us for restoration, Thanks man.

4 weeks later
    #143 2 years ago

I just found out about this today. This sucks. I often looked up Allen's restorations for reference but mainly in admiration. I bought several of his products for restorations. I don't know if its true or not but he sold some of the first interior dress decals and shop out decals.

1 year later
    #144 4 months ago

Wow I didnt know about this at that time. I just remember the garage door restoration photos and how good the games always looked. I hope the recovery from the loss has been supportive.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 109.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 26.50
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 234.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Magazines/books
    The Flipper Room
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    RGP Models
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside