Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by rgb635
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

allen.png
    creatureman (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The guy was completely flabbergasted and tried to post some explanation of how he got "hacked" into his auction. It was hilarious.

Literally for years, when I thought of Allen, I pictured hairy nuts.

Allen would have loved that!!

#52 7 years ago

One of the good ones. Very sorry to hear.

#53 7 years ago

I only spoke to Allen a few times but it was always nice sharing restoration tips with him, he was always very helpful. I believe he did a lot to raise the bar when it came to restoration work. As stated many hear emulated his outdoor garage photography methods. I remember I started using blech white until they changed their formula. So sorry to hear this, my heart goes out to his family.

#54 7 years ago

Very sad to hear of your loss. Allen will be missed. I never met him, but over the years he was often an inspiration for me in this hobby.

"Where is that dust??"

God's speed Allen!

#55 7 years ago

RIP Allen.

I had a Whirlwind that had the playfield cleaned up with his three step process and it was gorgeous.

#56 7 years ago

I'm really sorry for you. Yes, he helped me to start in the hobby with all those photos...Take care of you and your family. Nico

#57 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Literally for years, when I thought of Allen, I pictured hairy nuts.
    Allen would have loved that!!

His hairy nuts are swinging around in Heaven now.

#58 7 years ago

I'm very sorry to hear the news...we are all aging so fast now. My best wishes to you Ray and your family. Todd from TNT Amusements

#59 7 years ago

Condolences to the family. Allen did my Varkon, was always nice to chat with him.

#60 7 years ago

Oh my dear lord. I received my POTO this morning from Treasure Cove. It is stunning just like the 2 games prior from them. My heart breaks for you Ray as I have sent in a private email. God bless you

#61 7 years ago

Since he was so close I always meant to take a trip down to his shop and say hello. Another lesson learned, never put off what can be done today.

Will there be a visitation before the funeral?

Sorry for your loss.

Jacob Deckard

#62 7 years ago

Sorry to hear this. Treasure Trove polishing kits are awesome and the info on their site priceless. His images will live on on the IPDB.

#63 7 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear this. I bought a machine from him and it was a great experience to meet him and talk pins

#64 7 years ago

I am very sorry to hear this. I really enjoyed working with your brother on the machine you guys restored for me.

#65 7 years ago

Does anyone have a pic of Allen?

I just now realized (and feel terrible about) the fact that I recognize his garage door immediately, but have no idea what HE looked like.

#66 7 years ago

So sorry for your and your family's loss. Did a lot of business with you guys over the years - in fact, just 2 days ago I sent him a list of serial numbers I need a decal set for. Was odd I hadn't gotten a response yet.
    My condolences and my thoughts are with you.

#67 7 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

I just now realized (and feel terrible about) the fact that I recognize his garage door immediately, but have no idea what HE looked like.

I believe if you go to the website there are some videos with Allen in them.

#68 7 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

All I've got is his Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/allen.shope?fref=ts

#69 7 years ago

He's helped so many in our small community, what a terrible loss. I will share a quick story and what a good guy Allen was. My family went through a tough time 2 years ago when a earthquake in Napa damaged my home to the tune of 67000 dollars in damage. One of the items lost was a how to dvd using the treasure cove system. I normaly only post in our local nor cal threads so i was very surprised when Allen reached out to me from across country and sent me free of charge a replacement dvd. Not only was i a already satisfied customer but I also gained a friend. My condolences go out to all of you and know many thoughts and prayers are sent your way.
    Sincerely, Harley D.

#70 7 years ago

Allen was a true asset to the pinball hobby. He set the bar pretty high for pinball restorations many years ago.

RIP Allen.

#71 7 years ago

My condolences... TC is a class act. Allen was gifted and a real credit to pinball. Ray, I grieve for your loss.

#72 7 years ago

So sorry for your loss. I had the pleasure of speaking with Allen several times over years. He has touched so many through his passion for the hobby. He lives on in our thoughts and my AFM, MM and WH2O all of which have the best cabinet decals made by Allen they were screen printed!

RIP Allen

#74 7 years ago

It was always a pleasure talking with Allen. Whenever I look at his artwork on my pins I'll remember him. My condolences to his family.
    Wally

#75 7 years ago

Wow, for seven years I talked to Allen on a weekly basis. I got to work with him and Ray as their main supplier of games to restore. Allen was the one of the nicest guys in the business.

#76 7 years ago

Sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers to the family.

#77 7 years ago

My heart sank when I read the title of this post. Allen was a true gem to this community. He helped me through some restoration questions I had a few months back and I will always think of him when I'm restoring. My thoughts and prayers to his family. This is very sad news

#78 7 years ago

RIP Allen

#79 7 years ago

Terrible news, sorry for your loss and our pinball community loss. He made the garage door famous and the phrase "Minty Fresh" my thoughts are with you and your family.

Crazy J

#80 7 years ago

I'm sorry for your loss Ray. He was an asset to the hobby and a good guy. My restorations would never have been completed without him. He will be missed.

#81 7 years ago

Oh gosh....terrible news. So sorry to hear about Allen. He was a huge asset to pinball and the hobby in general. I love how he shared his passion with others.

Praying for you and your family.

Dave

#82 7 years ago

Damn... Allen will be missed. He was always willing to answer my questions and happy to share his restoration tips and tricks. His products were top notch.

Heartfelt condolences to the family.

Steve in Escalon, CA

#83 7 years ago

Wow, I'll echo everyone else and say the hobby has lost a true hobbyist today and wish my best to you and your family. When I first started out in the hobby, TC was "the name" in High End restores and I purchased his polishing kits, videos, and high-quality decals that provided many years of enjoyment getting into the hobby. And thanks to his photos on IPDB, I was even able to put most of them back together afterwords! Finally, as other pointed out, who can forget that famous garage door...often imitated, but never equaled. While I didn't save the infamous Ebay photo, I did save this one a few years back. RIP Allen!

creatureman (resized).jpgcreatureman (resized).jpg

#84 7 years ago

http://scott.scottfuneralhome.com/tribute/details/1104/Allen-Shope/obituary.html#content-start

On the funeral home page, you can write a condolence. It would be neat to crash the funeral home website with everybody writing one.

#85 7 years ago

Whenever I've bought a game i always check TCove for pictures of what the game is supposed to look like.

He had a large hand in creating the home collector.

#86 7 years ago

When I first got in this hobby I bugged Allen on the phone for 3 months before I bought my Indy 500. He was always friendly and never acted as if my uber-noob questions were wasting his time.
    When I finally got my Indy 500, I had to call Allen to ask him "How do I get the balls in there ?"
    I could literally hear his palm hitting his forehead.
    What a great guy to talk to. Rest in peace sir.

#87 7 years ago

My prayers for you and your family.

#88 7 years ago

Wow, I am so sorry to hear this. He was a great guy and pinball resource. My condolences for your loss. He will be missed.

#90 7 years ago

Great video. I was living Phoenix at the time too!

#91 7 years ago

This is truly horrible news. My heart and prayers go out to the family. I sold Allen my whitewater last year. Super nice guy and a great member of the pinball community. He will be missed

#92 7 years ago

Just purchased a TZ backboard decal from there not that long ago. Condolences

#93 7 years ago

I'm certain he left an incredible legacy behind in the form of wonderful family and friends, but this little hobby of ours was also lucky to benefit from his time on this earth.

Most viewed garage in pinball and thank you for all those ipdb photos.

#94 7 years ago

Wow, sad news. Allen was a great person and a pioneer in our hobby. He influenced me greatly - especially in the early days of my pinball collecting and restoring. He was always so helpful and friendly. His influence helped me to learn to dig in and strip a machine to the bone without being afraid of getting it all back together again. I used his polisher many times and his Wet Willy method of cabinet decal installation.

RIP Allen.

#95 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I so wish someone still had that pic!! For those who don't know, someone selling a game used links to pics on Allen's site instead of just stealing them. Allen replaced one of the pics with one of him bending over with his pants down holding a sign over his ass that read, "this auction is a scam." Not sure if he knew it or not, but you caught a bit of his two hairy nads hanging down below the paper sign.
    It was PURE GOLD!!!

those were the days. He is also responsible for the White garage door pic. It's the only way you were getting big money for your game is if, you took a picture of it, in front of a white garage door. Treasure Cove was one of the firsts in the higher end restoration world.

#96 7 years ago

My condolences to the family.

#97 7 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

rip
    » YouTube video

That's a great video. Shows the ingenuity he had to be able to build a computer from scratch back when that was uncommon to do and then the gumption to start selling them.

It's a shame we didn't have a thread like this while he was still alive.

#98 7 years ago

Sorry Ray

#99 7 years ago

Sorry. Terrible loss for pinball

#100 7 years ago

sorry for your loss

There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allen-shope-treasurecove-sad-news/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.