2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by rgb635
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

allen.png
    creatureman (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg

There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 2 years ago

It brings me much grief to announce that my brother Allen Shope has passed away. He was my best friend and partner as we did everything together in business and in personal life also, and was my mentor and always had my backside whenever I needed anything. Luckily my nephews/niece will be here to help with everything. I know he was also many pinballers go to for help in restoration. Please bear with us while we get through this. Thanks Ray Shope ..I check Allens email..

#2 2 years ago

Sorry to hear that, Allen was always good to me and was a wealth of information.

sorry for your loss,

-c

#3 2 years ago

So sorry to read this.
    Allen was a great resource and will be missed.

Christopher Hutchins

#4 2 years ago

Sad to see this. I always enjoyed talking with Allen and many of us have some really nice games that treasurecove restored.

#5 2 years ago

Very sorry to hear this Ray.

#6 2 years ago

Hate to hear this. I have a TAF that Allen did. He brought a lot of games back to life.

#7 2 years ago

I'm sorry Ray. My condolences to you and your loved ones. Your brother will be missed.

LTG : (

#8 2 years ago

Dammit 2016! Haven't you taken enough
    Sorry to hear this Ray

#9 2 years ago

A tremendous loss to the pinball community. My heartfelt condolences to you and your family, Ray. My machines are better and more beautiful because of your brother's work in this hobby. He will be sorely missed.

#10 2 years ago

I clearly remember the TreasureCove garage door from eBay auctions 15 years ago. Always put out great product. Sad news indeed.

#11 2 years ago

So sorry to hear this the pinball community has lost a great member.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from highdef:

I clearly remember the TreasureCove garage door from eBay auctions 15 years ago.

And sadly Allen's great photography still pops up in scam ads and auctions. He had the most famous garage door in the world.

LTG

#13 2 years ago

Very sorry about your loss
    faz

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

And sadly Allen's great photography still pops up in scam ads and auctions. He had the most famous garage door in the world.
    LTG

Agreed, when I first got in the hobby around 2003 I remember seeing those pics and thinking those games looked amazing. Seeing the TC games was the first time I thought about a game being restored like that. I'd only played pins on location and had games that came fresh off route. My standard was for a good game was one that was working. TC opened my eyes to the fact that it was possible to have something better than new.

#15 2 years ago

Ray,

Please accept my condolences at the loss of your brother.

Allen was a major photo contributor to the IPDB. Yeah, that garage door.

He sold to me my beautiful Centaur, many moons ago.

Jay
    IPDB

#16 2 years ago

Damn... That's very sad news...

Sorry for your loss.

#17 2 years ago

So sorry for your loss.
    Condolences to you and your family through such a difficult time.

#18 2 years ago

So sorry for your loss. May your brother rest in peace.

#19 2 years ago

My deepest condolences. Allen was a great asset to pinball. I still use his tried and true method to restore my coin doors

#20 2 years ago

Really, really sorry to hear. Hope everything works out..

#22 2 years ago

SONOFABITCH!!!!

I'm so terribly sorry, Ray. Please give my best to Lynn and the rest of the family.

Allen and I go back more years than I can count. He shared with me restoration tricks he shared with no one else. He was always willing to help with most anything. Even though we never had a chance to meet, I considered him a true friend.

The pinball world lost another great one this morning. I will miss him dearly.

#23 2 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear this. Allen was a great help to me on several of my homebrew restorations, whether providing parts and/or advice and techniques. He was a real good guy and will be missed. I offer my sincere condolences.

#24 2 years ago

Allen was awesome...I'm so, so sorry to hear this.

#25 2 years ago

Damn, I didn't want to open this thread, sorry to hear this. I have known Allen and Ray for well over 15 years. I might not have talked to Allen that often of late but anytime I sent an email or ordered something even after a while he was the consummate gentleman and always remembered me. I did order something just a few months ago and took the effort to shoot an email to say hi and we reconnected which was nice. TreasureCove was one of the first high end restoration shops before anyone else was doing that level of work. Sorry to hear this news Ray, thank you for posting. Your brother will always be fondly remembered by many of us.
    Joe Newhart

#26 2 years ago

That sucks.

Anybody remember when someone stole some TC pics (by link!) for their shady ebay auction, so Allen substituted a photo of either his or Ray's ball sack?

Good times!

#27 2 years ago

Very sorry to hear. I never had the pleasure to meet him, but he was truly an asset to the hobby and from everyone I have ever talked to, one hell of an individual.

Brian

#28 2 years ago

My condolences, sorry to hear this.

#29 2 years ago

I'm really sorry to hear this. That garage door is a great memory for me. I have never met Allen but his work was certainly top notch. Today Pinside's head is black and white in his honour.

#30 2 years ago

This sucks. Very sorry for your (and our) loss.

#31 2 years ago

So sorry for your loss. My first two machines were from TC and they still look and run great. I hope after grieving his sons are able to keep the business going.

#32 2 years ago

I am sorry you have lost your brother, take care

#33 2 years ago

Sad news. My condolences....I am sorry for your loss.

#34 2 years ago

Sorry to hear this. My condolences. He was a wonderful person.

#35 2 years ago

Sad to hear ... Sorry for your loss. Allen did great restorations to say the least

#36 2 years ago

Very sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers on the way.

I just worked with him recently on an Addam's he was restoring and was honored that he included my mods on the project.

#37 2 years ago

My first pinball machine, TZ, was beautifully restored by Allen and his team at Treasure Cove in the fall of 2007. What I knew about pinball machines at that time could have been printed on the back of a postage stamp.

Since my pinball knowledge base was so limited I was constantly peppering Allen with questions (via phone and emails) and Allen always took time out from his busy day to explain the options which were available to me. He was always very respectful and personable in every conversation that we had.

Allen was a great resource for the pinball hobby and will be sorely missed.

Gordon Bowar

#38 2 years ago

This one's for you, Allen.

image (resized).jpeg

#39 2 years ago

I'm very sorry for you & your family's loss. My condolences.

#40 2 years ago

So sorry to here this. Allen will be missed.
    Prayers to the Shope family.

#41 2 years ago

Very sad news. I love seeing the pics in front of that garage door. Best wishes to you and your family.
    Mike

#42 2 years ago

I called Allen about a year ago or So about some random part. Not only was he a great guy but we talked for an hour about Fire!. He then offered to help and sold me a few parts off the shelf from his secret stash. He was an asset to pinball and will be very missed. Ray, thank you for sharing and my condolences to you and your family.

#43 2 years ago

This is very sad news indeed. I dealt with Allen a few times over the years and he was one of the good guys in the community. The man was a wealth of knowledge and always a pleasure to talk with. He hand painted the castle and dragon in my MM, I will never sell that game. So sorry for your loss, my sincerest condolences. Allen will be remembered fondly by many here

-Jeremy

#44 2 years ago

My condolences to you and your family.

#45 2 years ago

So sorry for your loss Ray. Thinking of you and your family as well as his own. Best wishes & condolences.

Very sad that we have lost another pinsider and friend around here, as always.

#46 2 years ago

Terribly sorry to hear that, Ray. I always enjoyed visiting with Allen.

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That sucks.
    Anybody remember when someone stole some TC pics (by link!) for their shady ebay auction, so Allen substituted a photo of either his or Ray's ball sack?
    Good times!

I so wish someone still had that pic!! For those who don't know, someone selling a game used links to pics on Allen's site instead of just stealing them. Allen replaced one of the pics with one of him bending over with his pants down holding a sign over his ass that read, "this auction is a scam." Not sure if he knew it or not, but you caught a bit of his two hairy nads hanging down below the paper sign.

It was PURE GOLD!!!

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I so wish someone still had that pic!! For those who don't know, someone selling a game used links to pics on Allen's site instead of just stealing them. Allen replaced one of the pics with one of him bending over with his pants down holding a sign over his ass that read, "this auction is a scam." Not sure if he knew it or not, but you caught a bit of his two hairy nads hanging down below the paper sign.
    It was PURE GOLD!!!

The guy was completely flabbergasted and tried to post some explanation of how he got "hacked" into his auction. It was hilarious.

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

It was PURE GOLD!!!

Ah, the joys and dangers of hotlinking:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.games.pinball/hotlink%7Csort:relevance/rec.games.pinball/whKdqY59tC8/E9K8xd_-No8J

I'm glad we're getting the discussion, but no pics in that thread.

#50 2 years ago

So sorry for the loss, prayers for you and your family. I too remember the garage door and will forever!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 4.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 800.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 164.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 1,200.00
    $ 14.95
    $ 92.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 235.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 21.00
    $ 7,499.00
    There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside