Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 585 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by terrapinmark
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

271301268_330309759099060_6707868465515856791_n (resized).jpg
    32C1134F-C9D8-4035-85BD-F800185313B1 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2859 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20220106_193232920 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2856 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2855 (resized).jpeg
    20211224_165823 (resized).jpg
    jack-and-coke-ice-pops (resized).jpg
    5C0AE615-B74B-4268-AA41-B2B85B796626 (resized).jpeg
    FC80C73F-F189-41EC-8CE3-E57D3D60527F (resized).jpeg
    20211212_092154 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211202_144145666 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211202_144201245 (resized).jpg
    AD98DB8D-A4DF-4AA0-9235-60162DA819C0 (resized).jpeg
    6682A493-84F4-4E6E-9F1B-6A901A8CB3FA (resized).jpeg
    46202214-BE86-48E2-9FEC-7E174075BE5E (resized).jpeg

There are 585 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I You may want to look into the smaller/travel size bottles to help you find what is good for you instead of just committing to a full bottle. If you have a store stocked with these, try to look for makers 46, makers, evan Williams, old grand-dad, weller, old forester, stranahans, pinhook, and buffalo trace.

Evan Williams is my regular brand. A good every day affordable whiskey.

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from luckycreature:

Great shelf. Any Ohishi in there?

No Ohishi - mainly Nikka and Suntory whiskies as they are most common here in Australia and a bit easier to get hold of. Hibiki and Yamazaki are probably my favourites, and I love Nikka From The Barrel which is a cheaper cask strength but soooooo good.

Plus if you look closely you can see an umeshu (Japanese Plum liqueur) that's been aged in Yamazaki whisky casks and that stuff with a bit of ice is seriously delicious.

#53 1 year ago

My wife got me a flaviar subscription for Christmas. My first bottle is this tasty Sagamore rye. I got the around the world sampler for my tasting bottles this quarter. The 8 year sherry cask Ohishi is delicious.

16113641312742712529578691643404 (resized).jpg
    #54 1 year ago
    Quoted from luckycreature:

My wife got me a flaviar subscription for Christmas. My first bottle is this tasty Sagamore rye. I got the around the world sampler for my tasting bottles this quarter. The 8 year sherry cask Ohishi is delicious.
    [quoted image]

I’ve had that Sagamore and if that’s the worst you get in you gift subscription, you did well which is what I think you’ve done.

#55 1 year ago

Rolling with an old fashioned myself after the talk of it today. Out of oranges though! Blast!

20210122_213553 (resized).jpg
    #56 1 year ago

My second weekend off in 15 years with the new day shift and just found out I have a blood clot in leg .This sucks !!!! They say no alcahol and I have my machines down I’m finishing staining and painting the finished half of basement .Has anyone had one of these I got it after a injury at work and was kinda scared finding out about it .Sounds like he wants me in these thinners for 30-60 days minimum .Serenity Now !!

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I hope sunday gives me a reason to crack this open
    [quoted image]

Im tempted to downvote you...but I like you, and I like aged scotch, so I won't. I am still 100% rooting for Green Bay to lose, however.

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

My second weekend off in 15 years with the new day shift and just found out I have a blood clot in leg .This sucks !!!! They say no alcahol and I have my machines down I’m finishing staining and painting the finished half of basement .Has anyone had one of these I got it after a injury at work and was kinda scared finding out about it .Sounds like he wants me in these thinners for 30-60 days minimum .Serenity Now !!

Please, please, please take care of yourself. Those can be EXTREMELY dangerous.

You are one of the best "newbies" on here. We would be very disappointed if you had any complications.

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Please, please, please take care of yourself. Those can be EXTREMELY dangerous.
    You are one of the best "newbies" on here. We would be very disappointed if you had any complications.

Thanks bud I’m going to and I appreciate that .I have to start understanding I’m 51 n been working labor jobs since I was in HS .I need to get some young help on the side gigs but as for now I’m just going to finish up my basement at a slow pace and take it easy .Time to really learn how to play pinball I’ve been real busy this last year only have had time for a couple games here n there I’m going to make lemonade with this for sure .

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Evan Williams is my regular brand. A good every day affordable whiskey.

Once many moons ago I was riding round the back roads with Tommy Williams listening to Hank Williams while we drank Evan Williams. Good times

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:My second weekend off in 15 years with the new day shift and just found out I have a blood clot in leg .This sucks !!!! They say no alcahol and I have my machines down I’m finishing staining and painting the finished half of basement .Has anyone had one of these I got it after a injury at work and was kinda scared finding out about it .Sounds like he wants me in these thinners for 30-60 days minimum .Serenity Now !!

Hang in there! Listen to your doc and take it easy.

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:

Twenty years ago I was in a random pub in Dublin. It was mid-afternoon, and the place was empty except for my wife and I. I asked the bartender for the best whiskey he had. He set a glass of Midleton in front of me. It's been one of my favorites ever since.
    [quoted image]

Went to get a bottle of Midleton today until I saw the price. $300, yikes! I picked up a Black Barrel Jameson instead.

image (resized).jpg
    #63 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Went to get a bottle of Midleton today until I saw the price. $300, yikes! I picked up a Black Barrel Jameson instead. [quoted image]

8 bottles of Midleton or 1 Ghostbusters topper. Easy choice for me.

#66 1 year ago

For a reasonably priced single malt Irish try "Tyrconnell", for a great bourbon I like "Angels envy". I manage a bar and we sell a huge amount of "Jameson".

#67 1 year ago

I'm more a Redbreast drinker, but as I've seen in a few pics here as well, a little Jameson Black Barrel makes a cheap alternative.

Going to try some rye next I believe.

#68 1 year ago

Got this Northern Harvest for the first time, it won some awards a few years back. It’s a pretty good rye. I also picked up a fifth of Jamison to try and make my own Irish cream. I’ve never tried to before, but a video popped up on YouTube and now I wanna try it out.

image (resized).jpg
    #69 1 year ago

I highly recommend this stuff if you ever come across it. Super tasty

image (resized).jpg
    #70 1 year ago

Yeah tonight is bottoms up (up, up)
    Get 'em up
    Tonight is bottoms up (up, up)
    Get 'em up

#71 12 months ago

While watching the movie "John Wick," i noticed he prefers Blanton's.

Screenshot_20210125-180430~2 (resized).png
    #72 12 months ago

Supported a local distillery over the weekend and picked up a couple bottles of Detrick on it's initial release.

https://www.facebook.com/BelleOfDayton/videos/3596172813752429/?vh=e

IMG_1222 (resized).jpg

#73 12 months ago
    Quoted from MrKegFlex:

Supported a local distillery over the weekend and picked up a couple bottles of Detrick on it's initial release. [quoted image]

I am unfamiliar with that. Please share your thoughts/tasting notes when you get into it.

#74 12 months ago

Here’s three varieties of the brown stuff in my bar currently. A bourbon, rye, scotch. All so good. Laphroaig if you haven’t tasted is a super peaty scotch. It tastes like a 50 year old leather wallet that’s been in the exhaust plume of a motorcycle then roasted on a campfire and splashed with cologne. And I mean that in the best way.

A554EBA7-B3D9-4678-AFA5-C8D471FD1FD1 (resized).jpeg
    #75 12 months ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Here’s three varieties of the brown stuff in my bar currently. A bourbon, rye, scotch. All so good. Laphroaig if you haven’t tasted is a super peaty scotch. It tastes like a 50 year old leather wallet that’s been in the exhaust plume of a motorcycle then roasted on a campfire and splashed with cologne. And I mean that in the best way.[quoted image]

Funny. You cant find eagle rare anywhere near my house. Ive been hunting a bottle with zero luck.

#76 12 months ago

Happy Robert Burns Day.

DFB11B0A-DD42-45A2-B81E-85E9C984830E (resized).jpeg
    #77 12 months ago

Been trying a few things lately. I really like the William Wolf Pecan whisky. Nummy! Also picked up a bottle of Cutty Sark Prohibition Edition and some good stuff from Venezuela called Diplomatico (rum). Had some Ten to One Caribbean rum and that was great too! Smith and Cross rum is a fave of mine too. Maybe there is a problem here

#78 12 months ago
    Quoted from Pin-up:

Had some Ten to One Caribbean rum and that was great too!

A while before COVID struck our local ABC store had a tasting for Afrohead dark rum from Trinidad. After tasting it, I bought a bottle on the spot! I highly recommend.

pasted_image (resized).jpeg

#79 12 months ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Old fashioneds in WI are their own thing. Made with brandy, and either sour or sweet. If I'm out, I'll order them press. It's a great drink to throw back as you're hanging out at a supper club (another pretty unique to WI thing), but personally I prefer the traditional version if I'm making them at home.

There once was a Supper Club on the Northern edge of Flint, Michigan. It may have actually been in Mt. Morris Township. Walli's Supper Club. Also one on the West side of Flint on Pierson Road & I-75. All gone these days.

#80 12 months ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

There once was a Supper Club on the Northern edge of Flint, Michigan. It may have actually been in Mt. Morris Township. Walli's Supper Club.

We had Eddie's supper club in Salem, Oregon back in the day.

It's a strip club now.

#81 12 months ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Funny. You cant find eagle rare anywhere near my house. Ive been hunting a bottle with zero luck.

I find it occasionally at the local Total Wine. A lot of liquor stores will special order a bottle of harder to find things for you. Especially the more boutique type shops.

#82 12 months ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Here’s three varieties of the brown stuff in my bar currently. A bourbon, rye, scotch. All so good. Laphroaig if you haven’t tasted is a super peaty scotch. It tastes like a 50 year old leather wallet that’s been in the exhaust plume of a motorcycle then roasted on a campfire and splashed with cologne. And I mean that in the best way.[quoted image]

I love Laphroaig! Just redeemed my FOL points last night. Only have until April to redeem them if you haven’t already - heads up.

I always tell people it’s like licking a tree covered in moss haha

#83 12 months ago
    Quoted from SNES:

I love Laphroaig! Just redeemed my FOL points last night. Only have until April to redeem them if you haven’t already - heads up.
    I always tell people it’s like licking a tree covered in moss haha

SNES
    I always get a smile when i see your username. I actually came across a gameroom in one of my groups the other day that you might appreciate:

Screenshot_20210125-191017~2 (resized).png
    #85 12 months ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

SNES
    I always get a smile when i see your username. I actually came across a gameroom in one of my groups the other day that you might appreciate:[quoted image]

Thanks man! I was big time into collecting NES/SNES games before I got into pinball.

That room is awesome! Very cool, thanks for sharing!

#86 12 months ago

Just an update. I made some Irish cream and its phenomenal compared to Baileys Irish cream.
    20210125_140359 (resized).jpg

#87 12 months ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Just an update. I made some Irish cream and its phenomenal compared to Baileys Irish cream.
    [quoted image]

Have you tried the jameson by itself?? Wakawakawaka. I kid...i kid!

#88 12 months ago

Any Texas or surrounding state Pinsiders who have given any time to the Balcones whisky lineup? They distill in Waco, TX.
    I love Baby Blue the most, but enjoy their Rye and Pot Still Bourbon as well. And Rumble. And Single Malt.
    I enjoyed some Balcones Rye last night while working on controlled light sockets of my Split Second.

#89 12 months ago

Im getting into the Evan williams single barrel and playing phantom of the opera tonight!

#90 12 months ago

Forgot the pic:

20210127_225439~2 (resized).jpg
    #91 12 months ago

I'm a fan of inexpensive yet drinkable Scotch. Blended or single malt, I'm not too picky. Maybe someday I'll join the >$100/bottle dick waving contingent, but for now I'm a Bang For Your Buck buyer.

These days I'm usually satisfied with Speyburn, I find it almost magical for the price, under $30/750ml. But variety is nice, too.

I used to just always buy Chivas. I remember trying Dewar's White label and not caring for it. But I saw an article recently saying that their 12 year old stuff is really good. Should I believe it, and give it a try?

#92 12 months ago

A gift from a friend.

3E72617A-BA31-4863-82D2-83F6179CA347 (resized).jpeg
    #93 12 months ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I'm a fan of inexpensive yet drinkable Scotch. Blended or single malt, I'm not too picky. Maybe someday I'll join the >$100/bottle dick waving contingent, but for now I'm a Bang For Your Buck buyer.
    These days I'm usually satisfied with Speyburn, I find it almost magical for the price, under $30/750ml. But variety is nice, too.
    I used to just always buy Chivas. I remember trying Dewar's White label and not caring for it. But I saw an article recently saying that their 12 year old stuff is really good. Should I believe it, and give it a try?

For value, have you tried Costco stuff? A 1.75 for $20 is pretty tough to beat, and tastes good to me. As Daditude mentioned, it might very well be Dewars, so maybe not the right bottle for you.

#94 12 months ago

My Buddy and I do a Youtube Channel Called Whiskey Pop. We talk Nerd and Whiskey, doing a dedicated Review on Whiskey every Friday. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8efTxwuVmk1uUV7mD-cga-qPkRpvqcgq These are some of the reviews we have done. If anyone is interest just check it out. We do a lot of Whiskey drinking and playing pinball off camera. Bummer is, I'm the only one with pinball machines.

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 4.45.17 PM (resized).png
    #95 12 months ago

So on Whiskey Pop we did a whole month on Japanese Whiskey, our Friday reviews we call Second Pour. The "Whisky" spelled like scotch whisky, I have to say impress me quite a bit. The quality and meticulous attention to detail is what sets them apart.

EP0012_HIBIKIHARMONY_THUMBNAIL (resized).jpg
    #96 12 months ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I prefer single malt scotch, but my favorite cheap scotch is a blend. Famous grouse

#97 12 months ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I prefer single malt scotch, but my favorite cheap scotch is a blend. Famous grouse

We are going to do reviews on inexpensive bourbon this month. Already picked them out. I think it’s interesting at how price doesn’t mean good or bad. Kaiyo Japanese whiskey is the most scotch like of all the ones we have tried. The down side is it’s pricey.

99007116-89A8-4BF1-B1CF-DE8503EAD2E5 (resized).jpeg
    #98 12 months ago
    DSCN3770 (resized).JPG
    #100 11 months ago

Is selling open bottles a thing?

There are 585 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside