image.jpg
image-555.jpg
image-346.jpg
image.jpg
POTC (6).JPG
POTC (5).JPG
GEDC2081.JPG
GEDC2080.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

My POTC was picked up in Australia today and will be flying to NZ on the weekend. Should he safely in my games room early next week.

Just in time for Pincade. Nice!!

POTC is a game I haven't spent a lot of time playing ... Look forward to playing yours!

rd.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Survey needed - I recon New Zealand has more pinball machines per head of population than any other country in the world

I would seriously doubt that. But the ones that we do have are all in the hands of collectors who like to share them, even with aussies! Haha!

rd

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

You will also be happy that MM has been moved to the beach to make room for POTC.

Shit! Just when I got a decent score on it too!

I figured it out ....
Castle
Castle
Castle
Castle
Castle
Castle
Castle
Castle

Surprising it took me so long to figure that out, really ...

rd.

#51 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

You forgot the last Castle.

Oh there's more? I got to the 12m castle I think.

Now I can smash the boat instead!!

rd.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

You might not like either of them, but I do.

Oh, I do like them both ... Just haven't had the chance to play either of them much.

I've had a couple of good games on POTC but there is a lot more that I havent seen.

There was a four player game at IFPA10 in Germany that went for like 1 1/2 hours .. Right through the dinner break. They were smashing it.

I almost bought in a POTC myself last year. But the guy couldn't get it to the depot for me.

rd.

1 week later
#55 9 years ago

Well, following up from my above posts, I got a little more game time on POTC this weekend.

Firstly, I have to say that I'm not a fan of modded machines, but PaulOz's POTC looks freaking cool. It has like a dark green texture powder on the rails and legs, and some tasteful extras. Everyone knows I hate toppers but even the timber plank look topper suits the game. Maybe he will post some pics.

After 5 mins of play, I realised that POTC is really "Nordmans greatest hits". Dr Dude mixmaster, Dr Dude gift of the gab shot (trunk) Party Zone "way out of control" lanes to the side .. There were others to.

I only got a few games in (both on Pauls and a standard one on Sunday) but I see LOTRs ball times on this game. I got 200m on Sunday, I guess that was a 20-30 minute game? Seemed to go on for a long time. On another game I had 99m on my first ball and then the power fuse blew at the house, so that was the end of that game!

So yeah, a fun game with deepish rules. Look forward to playing it some more.

rd.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

For those that complain about long ball times - increase the pitch, open the outlanes, and adjust extra balls so they don't give em out like candy. I also set kraken to hard and Davy jones to easy. Think the longest game I've had on mine is 15 mins - perfect! No 4 winds yet - I either don't kill Davy jones or don't complete heart mb. I do em both, just not in the same game.

I find it hard to modify machines when they are not mine to modify.

Agree though. A few of my older machines were too easy (sorcerer and firepower2 come to mind..)

Simply removing the rubber off the out lane post turned them into short games. Easy as that.

I completed Davy Jones in the 200m game. I got Davy Jones champ, 26m I think? Sound right? Memory is failing.

rd.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Will post some pics tomorrow.
Mine is not set up that easy. Wont be many 20min games on this one and I like it that way. Don't think Davey Jones has been reached on this one yet but the challenge is there.
Paul

The challenge is on!!!

rd.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 218.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/all-things-potc?tu=rotordave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.