Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-734.jpg
image-470.jpg
image.jpg
image-663.jpg
image-769.jpg
image-234.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_5282.JPG
image.jpg
image-555.jpg
image-346.jpg
image.jpg
POTC (6).JPG
POTC (5).JPG
GEDC2081.JPG
GEDC2080.JPG

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Are we seeing a resurgence of this pin in popularity ?

#2 5 years ago

If so, it deserves it. Very fun game.

#3 5 years ago

It's a very fun game. I also don't mind the voice actor call outs a bit.

#4 5 years ago

Finally played it at a friend's house outside D.C.... was beyond surprised. Fell in love with it so fast it made my list.

Any straight man also needs this companion:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0477457/

#5 5 years ago

Yep, gotta love my POTC.
Following are a few pics of what I have done to mine.
Powder coated all the cab armor and habitrails to look like tarnished bronze.
Made decals to cover the head hinges so they look like the artwork below them.
Covered the apron with wood from an old house we tore down to make it look like the side of a ship. The house was actually built in 1754 so it already looked distressed. Also covered the outlane plastics and flippers with the same wood.003.JPG.
Installed 3 black pearl pinballs from BA. They look really cool. Like old cannon balls
002-673.JPG001-639.JPG

#6 5 years ago

The distributor I bought mine from has been calling wanting to buy it back, because so many people want one.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from thepinballworks:

The distributor I bought mine from has been calling wanting to buy it back, because so many people want one.

I am considering one and wish that I could find a nice one close to Baltimore,Maryland.

3 weeks later
#8 5 years ago

Mine will never leave my collection. A pirates life for me!

IMG_0267.JPG

2 months later
#9 5 years ago

Of all the games at 1up in Denver, this one had me going back for more! I really enjoyed it, congrats to any owners here.

3 months later
#10 4 years ago

Love the game. The only shot I don't love is the chest due to the need to hit it over and over to get the super jackpot. As there are no likely code updates, has anyone modified the shot to remove the pop up that stops the ball. I'm thinking of modifying the switch and shot so it just whips through the chest and back to the far right lane to increase the flow. Thoughts?

#11 4 years ago

Went to look at a Batman, guy had a pimped POTC in his line up. Played it once & passed on the Bats. Found a HUO that night. Bought it the next day. Still has the price tag hanging the back box
It will never ship out.
DSCN0358.JPG

#12 4 years ago

Anyone still need a led cannon mod? I don't have any ready, but could take a day and make some more.

http://www.weirpinball.com/mods/potcmod.html

Scott

#13 4 years ago

Trying to sell my zizzle potc. In marketplace. Not fond of shipping.

#14 4 years ago

Just a great gm!! Playing the game and not just hitting the ship over and over is fun. Great theme. Just bought LEDs for it going with the water look

#15 4 years ago

I tried modifying the heart shot and removed the popup cylinder. It didn't work as the switch needs to be held down for a full second to register.

2 months later
#16 4 years ago

Just bought one. Should be here in about a week to 10 days.

#17 4 years ago

Congrats Pauloz! It's a fun game and sure is unique. I've debated selling mine but I'm not sure if I can. The game is a lot of fun to play and has a good amount of depth as you advance further in the game. Visually the game is stunning and is one of the best looking Stern's ever made in my opinion.

20150219-DSC03869-2.jpg
20150219-DSC03871-2.jpg
20150219-DSC03868-2.jpg

#18 4 years ago

Can't wait for the color DMD!

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Can't wait for the color DMD!

Any rumors on a Color DMD for POTC?

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Any rumors on a Color DMD for POTC?

Not yet. Might get one anyway and set it on a single Color until the get around to fully colorise it.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Congrats Pauloz! It's a fun game and sure is unique. I've debated selling mine but I'm not sure if I can. The game is a lot of fun to play and has a good amount of depth as you advance further in the game. Visually the game is stunning and is one of the best looking Stern's ever made in my opinion.

20150219-DSC03869-2.jpg 318 KB

20150219-DSC03871-2.jpg 393 KB

20150219-DSC03868-2.jpg 277 KB

Nice. I will put some photos up of mine when I get it. Modded to the hilt. I have wanted one of these for a long time but just can't find one for sale in NZ so bad to get one from Australia.

You have a nice line up there. I wouldn't sell it if I were you, it's a great pin.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Nice. I will put some photos up of mine when I get it. Modded to the hilt. I have wanted one of these for a long time but just can't find one for sale in NZ so bad to get one from Australia.
You have a nice line up there. I wouldn't sell it if I were you, it's a great pin.

Thanks! Yeah I'm leaning towards keeping it for now. POTC really makes me feel like I'm playing a game unlike anything else in my collection in a good way. Destroying the ships kinda reminds me of destroying the castles in MM which I've always liked. Overall its just a fun pin to play.

Oh, you have a super nice lineup!

#23 4 years ago

I played this at 1up and at a pinball tournament, very cool game. What's up with that large spit shield. How about some blue waves to replace that ugly thing.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I played this at 1up and at a pinball tournament, very cool game. What's up with that large spit shield. How about some blue waves to replace that ugly thing.

OK I will bite.

How about some blue waves. What have you got?

#25 4 years ago

just take the shield off - not needed at all.

#26 4 years ago

Now we need a run of toppers please!

#27 4 years ago

I'vvery been thinking about pulling the trigger on buying one this week. Love the call outs and sounds so true to the movie!!! After seeing some photos, I might have to!

#28 4 years ago

Love my POTC, it also is one of the crowd favorites at parties.

Here is my pimped out POTC LE-Or at least that's what my translight says...

GEDC2072.JPG GEDC2073.JPG GEDC2076.JPG
#29 4 years ago

More...

GEDC2077.JPG GEDC2080.JPG GEDC2081.JPG
#30 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

just take the shield off - not needed at all.

Only thing, an airball can land on the plastic in front of the ship by the spotlight. Impossible to shake loose, I solved this by a suggestion here on Pinside with a dremmel by shaving the plastic so that it creates an escape hole for this trap.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Love my POTC, it also is one of the crowd favorites at parties.

Here is my pimped out POTC LE-Or at least that's what my translight says...

Man if you ever think of selling that (which i doubt you will) please pm me!

#32 4 years ago

I forgot about this thread when I started the PotC club thread. If you haven't checked that out you may see some more tips or info.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dead-men-tell-no-talespotc-owners-club

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Man if you ever think of selling that (which i doubt you will) please pm me!

May be interested in a possible trade for a NIB Tron LE plus cash on my end.

#34 4 years ago

Where's did you find the toy figures? Hard to figure out which ones would fit but you sure did.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

May be interested in a possible trade for a NIB TRON LE plus cash on my end.

i thought you got one years ago

#36 4 years ago

I just picked up my second. This one is not going anywhere. HUO with the goodie bag and manual in their bags and still stapled to the inside of the cabinet. Thanks for the inspirational pictures. Just received the same skull custom shooter rod from PDI. Sink that Ship!

#37 4 years ago

Sold mine a couple of years ago. Very enjoyable game. One of the more played games at parties.

POTC (5).JPG
POTC (6).JPG

#38 4 years ago

image-555.jpgimage-346.jpgimage.jpg

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Sold mine a couple of years ago. Very enjoyable game. One of the more played games at parties.

In the last 4 years, to this day, I still say that POTC was the most loved pin that I had in terms of what non-pinhead friends and family thought. I don't think anything else came close. SC would probably be a distant second.

#40 4 years ago

Matt from Back Alley Creations just powdered my potc armor. Pic looks more brown than it actually is.

image.jpg
#41 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

In the last 4 years, to this day, I still say that POTC was the most loved pin that I had in terms of what non-pinhead friends and family thought. I don't think anything else came close. SC would probably be a distant second.

I agree with you completely! POTC saw more action and rave reviews from family, non-pinheads and first timers. Spider-Man came in 2nd!

#42 4 years ago

I was quite tempted to sell my PotC since it's been in my house 7-8 years, doesn't get played as much as the newer games, but for non-pinheads and casual players kids or older peeps, this is really my best game.

Plus, I love sinking the ship and love the callouts, wish Stern was putting as much attention to detail into say Star Trek. I know it's fake actors but that's fine, sure it'd be nice to have Jonny Depp but, I don't care really, it sounds good to me.

ST has a real actor, but have the call outs not be well done or repeated several times (the same phrase literally back to back).

#43 4 years ago

"Didn't we already kill that thing?"

#44 4 years ago

My POTC was picked up in Australia today and will be flying to NZ on the weekend. Should he safely in my games room early next week.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

My POTC was picked up in Australia today and will be flying to NZ on the weekend. Should he safely in my games room early next week.

Just in time for Pincade. Nice!!

POTC is a game I haven't spent a lot of time playing ... Look forward to playing yours!

rd.

#46 4 years ago

Survey needed - I recon New Zealand has more pinball machines per head of population than any other country in the world.

Looking forward to Pincade in 6 more sleeps.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Survey needed - I recon New Zealand has more pinball machines per head of population than any other country in the world

I would seriously doubt that. But the ones that we do have are all in the hands of collectors who like to share them, even with aussies! Haha!

rd

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Just in time for Pincade. Nice!!
POTC is a game I haven't spent a lot of time playing ... Look forward to playing yours!
rd.

You will also be happy that MM has been moved to the beach to make room for POTC.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

You will also be happy that MM has been moved to the beach to make room for POTC.

Shit! Just when I got a decent score on it too!

I figured it out ....
Castle
Castle
Castle
Castle
Castle
Castle
Castle
Castle

Surprising it took me so long to figure that out, really ...

rd.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Shit! Just when I got a decent score on it too!
I figured it out ....
Castle
Castle
Castle
Castle
Castle
Castle
Castle
Castle
Surprising it took me so long to figure that out, really ...
rd.

You forgot the last Castle.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside