Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Raff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

My Black Knight will boot and play fine for several games. Then for (seemingly) no reason, it will blow the solenoid fuse during a game. I haven't noticed any patterns when the fuse blows. I've had the glass off and hit every target and tested every coil several time to try and recreate the problem When it blows, both slingshots and the pop bumper will lock on until the fuse blows. I've replaced the 40 pin connector and checked for cold solder joints on all of the boards. Thanks for any suggestions.

#2 3 years ago

Did you replace the old chip sockets? I know the older sockets can loose tension when they heat up after a game. I don't know if the same chip controls both the slingshots and pop bumpers but if it does then the chip might be bad.

#3 3 years ago

Check your front cabinet wires are not shorting on something this can cause all kinds of wacky problems.

#4 3 years ago

Thanks. I replaced the old sockets and a few bad chips. I also disconnected the coin door coil. This issue continued to happen even after those changes.

#5 3 years ago

I had a similar problem on my zaccaria farfalla. Turn out to be a board grounding problem. Make sure all your back box boards are fitted and screwed nice and tight to the mounting brackets. Worth a try..

#6 3 years ago

I had the same type of problem on one of my pins, could play a few games and was ok then the coils would lock up and blow the fuse, the problem was on my power board

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Machine - For Sale
Mt Rainier, MD

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside