Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Dayhuff
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

So I've owned my game for like the last five years I'm guessing and one of the things that really bugged me about the game was the noisy spinner motor. I mean NOISY!! So noisy that I'd have to turn the game off when not playing because it was LOUD. So I've been on the lookout for a replacement but haven't come up with anything because of the voltage. We'll I turn the game on a couple of weeks ago or more and the spinner isn't doing anything at all. So now I really need to find a replacement. I've emailed PBR about rebuilding it and they said I need to talk to Steve about it but before I do I was wondering if anyone else has found a drop in replacement or what they did to keep the spinner spinning?

Thanks
John

#2 5 years ago

I just wired in a switch so I could turn it off. I tried two motors and both were horribly loud

#3 5 years ago

Yeah, it's noisy but mine isn't terribly annoying loud. The room is certainly quieter when it is off though.

A quiet motor solution would be great.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

So I've owned my game for like the last five years I'm guessing and one of the things that really bugged me about the game was the noisy spinner motor. I mean NOISY!! So noisy that I'd have to turn the game off when not playing because it was LOUD. So I've been on the lookout for a replacement but haven't come up with anything because of the voltage. We'll I turn the game on a couple of weeks ago or more and the spinner isn't doing anything at all. So now I really need to find a replacement. I've emailed PBR about rebuilding it and they said I need to talk to Steve about it but before I do I was wondering if anyone else has found a drop in replacement or what they did to keep the spinner spinning?
Thanks
John

Mike Pacek has a bunch of NOS ones.
I bought one from him a year + ago.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Mike Pacek has a bunch of NOS ones.
I bought one from him a year + ago.

Is it quiet?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Is it quiet?

Yup, The one that was in my game was so damn loud I figured what the hell so I bought one and replaced. I’m very happy with the NOS one from Mike.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Yup, The one that was in my game was so damn loud I figured what the hell so I bought one and replaced. I’m very happy with the NOS one from Mike.

What sorta RPM are we talking here because I always thought mine ran to fast for my liking. Plus I have Black Hole right next to it which has a nice quite motor and perfect speed.

John

#8 5 years ago

Granger have any?

#9 5 years ago

Didn't see anything comparable in Grainger. The voltage is what really kills it and the RPM's too.

John

#10 5 years ago

From what I can tall it's a 28 volt AC motor. I'm getting about 38 volts on my meter but that's with out the motor hooked up.

John

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/all-right-lets-talk-about-gottliebs-spirit-spinner-motor?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.