Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Nikrox2
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Rolf-31y-300dpi (resized).JPG
    D2E9F2D1-71ED-4476-A004-DBBE2D3390FF (resized).jpeg
    218FC955-EFC1-4914-A96B-0065E86489D4 (resized).jpeg
    There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

... my life has changed.
    Hi pinsiders
    at last I am back home again. In July I had blood poison - emergency rush to the hospital - a cardiac valve had to be replaced, on my right foot the toes had to be amputated, on my left foot the toes and two third of the foot had to be amputated, on the left foot I now have a partial prosthesis. More than three months of hospital / rehabilitation facility. A nice helper - an "Rollator" - see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walker_(mobility)#Rollators (scroll down a bit) - good for to keep balance when walking.
    I want to start again writing posts, trying to help on pinball problems, greetings Rolf.
    P.S.: Thanks for Your personal messages - I will answer within the next days.

#2 5 years ago

Wow.... wishing you strength and all the best during your recovery!

#3 5 years ago

Glad your back at it and feeling better Rolf! Thanks for being a continuing asset to the community. Wishing you the best moving forward.

#4 5 years ago

Best of luck on your recovery and have fun diving back into the world of pinball!

#5 5 years ago

OMG, glad your back and wish you all the best! Thank you for your update.

#6 5 years ago

I've been trolling the old EM Repair threads and you've been helping me this whole time with all of your amazing knowledge. Keep fighting the good fight.

#7 5 years ago

Wow, that sounds difficult. Best of luck in your recovery - and welcome back!!

#8 5 years ago

Good luck on your recovery. Nice to see you return.

Steve (no longer in Escalon)

#9 5 years ago

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! I always enjoy seeing your posts on EM tech. Welcome back.

#10 5 years ago

I've learned so much from your posts. Glad that you're intending to continue - hope your health continues to improve.

#11 5 years ago

Gute Besserung. I enjoy reading your posts and I am in awe of your EM expertise.

#12 5 years ago

Great to have you back and best wishes on your continuing recovery!

#13 5 years ago

Welcome back and thank you for all the help you've given. The level of detail in your posts is incredible.

#14 5 years ago

Wow that was "all of a sudden". glad you are to be posting again. Reading many of your posts have made troubleshooting my couple of games easier.

I am glad you are back in the comfort of your own home and back on Pinside

#15 5 years ago

Best wishes to you Rolf. You're a wonderful asset here on Pinside.

#16 5 years ago

Wow - so sorry to hear. I had noticed you didn't seem to be around. I had no idea you were fighting for your life!

Wishing you a speedy recovery

-dave

#17 5 years ago

Met Rolf in person on a work trip to Switzerland and could not have been a more nice and accommodating dude. Invited me over to show off and play a few games in his collection.

Wish you all the best in your recovery buddy!

And before you ask, yes I still mess around with trying to trap the ball when I should just be hitting it back up the playfield

#18 5 years ago

Rolf has been one of the most Johnny on the spot helpful people to those that need help fixing their games on this EM forum.

Always has schematic clips ready to go, and good explanations of what to look for. From what I have seen, a true, selfless person.

It saddens me to see anybody have to go thru this, let alone someone with such a big heart like Rolf.

Rolf, I hope the worst of your health problems are behind you now, and know we all care and wish you good health from now on.

#19 5 years ago

Sorry, hahaha. Your thread title reminded me of this and I had to share...

218FC955-EFC1-4914-A96B-0065E86489D4 (resized).jpeg218FC955-EFC1-4914-A96B-0065E86489D4 (resized).jpeg
    #20 5 years ago

Getting old sucks
    I'm lucky, only lost two toes so far, with three more to go before xmas
    glad I don't need a walking aid

maybe we should start a toe-less pinside club?

#21 5 years ago

Glad to see you back.

#22 5 years ago

I had noticed your absence and missed your posts, the way you contribute sharing knowledge benefits all. Get well very soon.

#23 5 years ago

No one contributes more to tech help than you Rolf. Your immediacy, detail, graphics and helpfulness and great spirit are a delight to witness. I wish you well in your recovery and for your future health and well being.

#24 5 years ago

Sorry about your hardships with health Rolf, wishing you recover quickly. I had open heart surgery last year for a bad valve as well but very glad to keep my toes. I still am off my pinball passion as I have other health issues pop up now and then that slow me down so don't expect too much of yourself for a while, as some things have changed forever health wise. Take Care, Ken.

#25 5 years ago

Glad to hear about your recovery and that you're back posting. This site wouldn't be the same without you. Stay well.

#26 5 years ago

Stay well. Even thought I have post only a few issues, your techniques and tips I've read in other posts have help me solve countless issues on my own machines. Glad to see your back. When I see you posts, I know the person your are helping is in good hands.

#27 5 years ago

Glad to have you back. As you can see you've been missed.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from dhutton:

Glad to have you back. As you can see you've been missed.

Dang Rolf, I am sorry to hear you had to go through so much. I hope you are recovering well. Like the others I have missed your posts and your guidance. I hope to entertain you some time in the near future with a new posting about pinball machine circuits, this one will dwarf the one I did previously for the Bon Voyage (much of which was inspired by you) with even more crazy details and descriptions, it will be epic! Stay tuned!

#29 5 years ago

Good luck with your recovery Rolf and welcome back - we need your expertise!

All the best, Richard

3 months later
    #30 5 years ago

ROLF! I had no idea! Just scrolling through old posts and ran across this one. Here you have been selfishly helping me (on the 1961 Double Barrel) - I can only hope things are getting better for you. Remember, ever get to America, look me up in Cleveland, we'll make sure you're right at home my friend!

#31 5 years ago

I also never saw this post and to think you helped me immensely 2 months ago with my Space Mission after going through all that. You’re a good man and I wish you all the best in your recovery.

#32 5 years ago

Hi pinsiders
    thanks for the encouraging, cheering posts and the "upvoting my post-1". I may not write as much posts as before the incident - but when writing then I do want to stick to the topic. We work on the pins when we have time and lust, when there is a pauses due to other stuff needed to be done: I might forget an topic --- so do write a "bump" post to call to mind "topic / problem is not yet solved". Greetings Rolf
    P.S.: I do have an Rollator (see post-1) in the appartement and another one parked outside of the house. In the basement (with the pins) I do walk / limp / hobble around - outside depending on what to do / where to go (public transportation ?) I use the Rollator or one or two crutch(es) or two "walking" sticks.

#33 5 years ago

Glad your back!!! You have helped me several times and I appreciate. Good luck with your recovery!!

#34 5 years ago

Good to hear you’re back again... and thanks for all your insightful, and very detailed posts! You’ve helped so many and we are all thankful!

#35 5 years ago

We all have our problems from time to time and at those times we often magnify our problems compared to those who are facing true adversity. You are one that has faced true adversity Rolf and done so in a brave and courageous manner and continued to help others along the way. Your posts therefore are very inspirational.

5 months later
    #36 4 years ago

Checking in on you Rolf! I’ve been staying busy working on “others” pinball machines. About time to get back on my own soon. lol
    Just thought I’d take a few minutes to say hello again from the states and see how your doing ? Hope all is well !

#37 4 years ago

Rolf is one of the most helpful guys in the hobby. He also helps out in German on the main forum in this country.

#38 4 years ago

Totally concur! Selfishly helping others, 100% If there were ever "Pinsider Awards" - he'd get my vote for being the most helpful (and did we even mention "detailed"! OMG!)

#39 4 years ago

Hello Rolf!

Hope things are going better for you these days. Always a challenge getting through the hurdles of recovery. Have a great week!

Ken

#40 4 years ago

Rolf has been posting recently, so we have that going for us. Which is nice.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Rolf has been posting recently, so we have that going for us. Which is nice.

Definitely.

D2E9F2D1-71ED-4476-A004-DBBE2D3390FF (resized).jpegD2E9F2D1-71ED-4476-A004-DBBE2D3390FF (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #42 4 years ago

Wow! I had no idea, take care of yourself Rolf, you're a big help on pinside.

#43 4 years ago

Hope your recovery is coming along, Rolf - I have learned a lot from your posts, thank you for sharing your knowledge and passion with us. Greetings from the USA

#44 4 years ago

Hey Rolf! Hope all is well. I had no idea! Always look forward to your posts. Take Care!

#45 4 years ago

Hi pinsiders
    Thanks for the kind words. I wrote post-1 mainly to explain why I did not post for several months. I wrote post-32 to tell "You may must write a 'bump' post after a couple of days when I do not answer" --- some brain damage is left from the incident - I happen to forget more than before the incident.

Stand barefeet in the living room, lift the toes and middlefoot on the left foot - have the toes lifted 1-3 inches so You only stand on the heel on the left foot --- You do stand quite good - but now: Walk around with only using the heel on the left foot --- thats why I like my partial prosthesis, rollator, crutches, walking sticks. It is more of an annoyance then a hindrance.

Nice picture in post-41 --- I show "Rolf at age 31 - 33 years ago". Greetings Rolf

0Rolf-31y-300dpi (resized).JPG0Rolf-31y-300dpi (resized).JPG
    #46 4 years ago

Good to see you are recovering well Rolf. As always, you are an asset to the EM community here. Many thanks for your help in the past, helping keep these machines alive for the next generation.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi pinsiders
    Thanks for the kind words. I wrote post-1 mainly to explain why I did not post for several months. I wrote post-32 to tell "You may must write a 'bump' post after a couple of days when I do not answer" --- some brain damage is left from the incident - I happen to forget more than before the incident.
    Stand barefeet in the living room, lift the toes and middlefoot on the left foot - have the toes lifted 1-3 inches so You only stand on the heel on the left foot --- You do stand quite good - but now: Walk around with only using the heel on the left foot --- thats why I like my partial prosthesis, rollator, crutches, walking sticks. It is more of an annoyance then a hindrance.
    Nice picture in post-41 --- I show "Rolf at age 31 - 33 years ago". Greetings Rolf[quoted image]

Can I ask why you have a Wisconsin Badgers shirt on? As you can see from my avatar, I'm a Badger fan and Badger for life. Graduated from UW-Madison in '08.

#48 4 years ago

Hi FatPanda
    the shirt actually is from 1978. Sorry to dissapoint You - I do know nothing about Wisconsin Badgers, sports. In spring 1981 I graduated as Swiss Agricultural Engineer ETH (Zürich). When studying we had to do some practica - in the summer 1978 for three months I could work as a trainee at the University of Madison, Wisconsin, Horticulture Department. It was a great time - just after that trainee work: Four swiss students rushed through the USA in a car for two weeks (vacation).

I could not find a good job in Agriculture (1981) so I moved to (Mainframe) programming (COBOL, Jackson, Delta, later PL/1) ---
    as I wanted to see more of the USA: Spring 1982 to spring 1983 I had an Ford LTD Station Wagon as an RV --- travelling the USA from National Park to National Park (and National Monuments, National Forests) - doing half-days / one-day / two-days hiking trips (a full month just in the Yellowstone Park) - lots of good memories. Greetings Rolf

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi FatPanda
    the shirt actually is from 1978. Sorry to dissapoint You - I do know nothing about Wisconsin Badgers, sports. In spring 1981 I graduated as Swiss Agricultural Engineer ETH (Zürich). When studying we had to do some practica - in the summer 1978 for three months I could work as a trainee at the University of Madison, Wisconsin, Horticulture Department. It was a great time - just after that trainee work: Four swiss students rushed through the USA in a car for two weeks (vacation).
    I could not find a good job in Agriculture (1981) so I moved to (Mainframe) programming (COBOL, Jackson, Delta, later PL/1) ---
    as I wanted to see more of the USA: Spring 1982 to spring 1983 I had an Ford LTD Station Wagon as an RV --- travelling the USA from National Park to National Park (and National Monuments, National Forests) - doing half-days / one-day / two-days hiking trips (a full month just in the Yellowstone Park) - lots of good memories. Greetings Rolf

Still very cool that you were here at the school that I went to! We have a lot of pride in our universities. I'm just happy we have a different link other than pinball

11 months later
    #50 3 years ago

Hi pinsiders
    I started this topic (writing post-1) to explain why I did not write in pinside for several months. I wrote post-32 because my biggest problem after the incident was / is: My brain has suffered (memory, incident summer 2018) - I forget a lot - I forget to answer in topics - so I repeat (my post-32): I might forget an topic --- so do write a "bump" post to call to mind "topic / problem is not yet solved".

Serious: Please do not write posts in here - this topic shall not be "praise Rolf" - I just want(ed) to repeat my post-32. Greetings Rolf

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/all-of-a-sudden-?hl=chas10e and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.