6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 52 days ago by wayner
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

218FC955-EFC1-4914-A96B-0065E86489D4 (resized).jpeg

#1 6 months ago

... my life has changed.
    Hi pinsiders
    at last I am back home again. In July I had blood poison - emergency rush to the hospital - a cardiac valve had to be replaced, on my right foot the toes had to be amputated, on my left foot the toes and two third of the foot had to be amputated, on the left foot I now have a partial prosthesis. More than three months of hospital / rehabilitation facility. A nice helper - an "Rollator" - see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walker_(mobility)#Rollators (scroll down a bit) - good for to keep balance when walking.
    I want to start again writing posts, trying to help on pinball problems, greetings Rolf.
    P.S.: Thanks for Your personal messages - I will answer within the next days.

#2 6 months ago

Wow.... wishing you strength and all the best during your recovery!

#3 6 months ago

Glad your back at it and feeling better Rolf! Thanks for being a continuing asset to the community. Wishing you the best moving forward.

#4 6 months ago

Best of luck on your recovery and have fun diving back into the world of pinball!

#5 6 months ago

OMG, glad your back and wish you all the best! Thank you for your update.

#6 6 months ago

I've been trolling the old EM Repair threads and you've been helping me this whole time with all of your amazing knowledge. Keep fighting the good fight.

#7 6 months ago

Wow, that sounds difficult. Best of luck in your recovery - and welcome back!!

#8 6 months ago

Good luck on your recovery. Nice to see you return.

Steve (no longer in Escalon)

#9 6 months ago

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! I always enjoy seeing your posts on EM tech. Welcome back.

#10 6 months ago

I've learned so much from your posts. Glad that you're intending to continue - hope your health continues to improve.

#11 6 months ago

Gute Besserung. I enjoy reading your posts and I am in awe of your EM expertise.

#12 6 months ago

Great to have you back and best wishes on your continuing recovery!

#13 6 months ago

Welcome back and thank you for all the help you've given. The level of detail in your posts is incredible.

#14 6 months ago

Wow that was "all of a sudden". glad you are to be posting again. Reading many of your posts have made troubleshooting my couple of games easier.

I am glad you are back in the comfort of your own home and back on Pinside

#15 6 months ago

Best wishes to you Rolf. You're a wonderful asset here on Pinside.

#16 6 months ago

Wow - so sorry to hear. I had noticed you didn't seem to be around. I had no idea you were fighting for your life!

Wishing you a speedy recovery

-dave

#17 6 months ago

Met Rolf in person on a work trip to Switzerland and could not have been a more nice and accommodating dude. Invited me over to show off and play a few games in his collection.

Wish you all the best in your recovery buddy!

And before you ask, yes I still mess around with trying to trap the ball when I should just be hitting it back up the playfield

#18 6 months ago

Rolf has been one of the most Johnny on the spot helpful people to those that need help fixing their games on this EM forum.

Always has schematic clips ready to go, and good explanations of what to look for. From what I have seen, a true, selfless person.

It saddens me to see anybody have to go thru this, let alone someone with such a big heart like Rolf.

Rolf, I hope the worst of your health problems are behind you now, and know we all care and wish you good health from now on.

#19 6 months ago

Sorry, hahaha. Your thread title reminded me of this and I had to share...

218FC955-EFC1-4914-A96B-0065E86489D4 (resized).jpeg
    #20 6 months ago

Getting old sucks
    I'm lucky, only lost two toes so far, with three more to go before xmas
    glad I don't need a walking aid

maybe we should start a toe-less pinside club?

#21 6 months ago

Glad to see you back.

#22 6 months ago

I had noticed your absence and missed your posts, the way you contribute sharing knowledge benefits all. Get well very soon.

#23 6 months ago

No one contributes more to tech help than you Rolf. Your immediacy, detail, graphics and helpfulness and great spirit are a delight to witness. I wish you well in your recovery and for your future health and well being.

#24 6 months ago

Sorry about your hardships with health Rolf, wishing you recover quickly. I had open heart surgery last year for a bad valve as well but very glad to keep my toes. I still am off my pinball passion as I have other health issues pop up now and then that slow me down so don't expect too much of yourself for a while, as some things have changed forever health wise. Take Care, Ken.

#25 6 months ago

Glad to hear about your recovery and that you're back posting. This site wouldn't be the same without you. Stay well.

#26 6 months ago

Stay well. Even thought I have post only a few issues, your techniques and tips I've read in other posts have help me solve countless issues on my own machines. Glad to see your back. When I see you posts, I know the person your are helping is in good hands.

#27 6 months ago

Glad to have you back. As you can see you've been missed.

#28 5 months ago
    Quoted from dhutton:

Glad to have you back. As you can see you've been missed.

Dang Rolf, I am sorry to hear you had to go through so much. I hope you are recovering well. Like the others I have missed your posts and your guidance. I hope to entertain you some time in the near future with a new posting about pinball machine circuits, this one will dwarf the one I did previously for the Bon Voyage (much of which was inspired by you) with even more crazy details and descriptions, it will be epic! Stay tuned!

#29 5 months ago

Good luck with your recovery Rolf and welcome back - we need your expertise!

All the best, Richard

3 months later
    #30 53 days ago

ROLF! I had no idea! Just scrolling through old posts and ran across this one. Here you have been selfishly helping me (on the 1961 Double Barrel) - I can only hope things are getting better for you. Remember, ever get to America, look me up in Cleveland, we'll make sure you're right at home my friend!

#31 52 days ago

I also never saw this post and to think you helped me immensely 2 months ago with my Space Mission after going through all that. You’re a good man and I wish you all the best in your recovery.

#32 52 days ago

Hi pinsiders
    thanks for the encouraging, cheering posts and the "upvoting my post-1". I may not write as much posts as before the incident - but when writing then I do want to stick to the topic. We work on the pins when we have time and lust, when there is a pauses due to other stuff needed to be done: I might forget an topic --- so do write a "bump" post to call to mind "topic / problem is not yet solved". Greetings Rolf
    P.S.: I do have an Rollator (see post-1) in the appartement and another one parked outside of the house. In the basement (with the pins) I do walk / limp / hobble around - outside depending on what to do / where to go (public transportation ?) I use the Rollator or one or two crutch(es) or two "walking" sticks.

#33 52 days ago

Glad your back!!! You have helped me several times and I appreciate. Good luck with your recovery!!

#34 52 days ago

Good to hear you’re back again... and thanks for all your insightful, and very detailed posts! You’ve helped so many and we are all thankful!

#35 52 days ago

We all have our problems from time to time and at those times we often magnify our problems compared to those who are facing true adversity. You are one that has faced true adversity Rolf and done so in a brave and courageous manner and continued to help others along the way. Your posts therefore are very inspirational.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 150.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 10.00
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 58.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 11,500.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 1,400.00
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside