(Topic ID: 266384)

All New LED's & Sockets for less than $5. Really.

By dyopp21

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by dyopp21
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

First, discussion of what I tried to see if it would work:

Second, the final reveal when I had the machine completely done:

#2 4 years ago

I have to admire your work and ingenuity. And results.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I have to admire your work and ingenuity. And results.
    LTG : )

Thanks, I really appreciate that!

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from dyopp21:

First, discussion of what I tried to see if it would work:

Second, the final reveal when I had the machine completely done:

Great solution for the flakey sockets, when it’s not going to be a high end machine.

I’ve job

#5 4 years ago

Just did the sockets and #47 bulbs on my Six M. $ Man for a total cost of $33.37 The new bulbs are just ones that I got for free but had I bought them they would have been a total of $6.11 for a total of $39.48 The whole thing took less then five hours. I just like the natural look I guess but I get your point about the game being on location too, nice job!!

John

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Just did the sockets and #47 bulbs on my Six M. $ Man for a total cost of $33.37 The new bulbs are just ones that I got for free but had I bought them they would have been a total of $6.11 for a total of $39.48 The whole thing took less then five hours. I just like the natural look I guess but I get your point about the game being on location too, nice job!!
    John

Bayonet sockets? Where did you find them that cheap?

#7 4 years ago

I buy them in a bulk bag of 100 from PBR, it's a lot of sockets but I can always use them on any older Bally game. Plus if you order $100 worth of stuff you get 10% off. Part # GTB-A2916

John

#8 4 years ago

I like this, dirt cheap, no sockets to worry about and the LEDs are not overly bright. Perhaps the yellow plastic strips reflect a bit of yellow back to the inserts so they have more of an incandescent hue as well?

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

I like this, dirt cheap, no sockets to worry about and the LEDs are not overly bright. Perhaps the yellow plastic strips reflect a bit of yellow back to the inserts so they have more of an incandescent hue as well?

No it’s not really the popsicle sticks color that is giving it that hue. They are the warm white flavor of the 5V LED.

#10 4 years ago

I really like this. Job well done. It’s so stupid simple. Lots of elbow grease but... sometimes it doesn’t make logical sense to dump $100 in LED’s into a $400 EM.. not saying yours is $400 . I grabbed a space station for $400 and put $100 in LED’s... lol. Won’t do that again.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Toppers:

I really like this. Job well done. It’s so stupid simple. Lots of elbow grease but... sometimes it doesn’t make logical sense to dump $100 in LED’s into a $400 EM.. not saying yours is $400 . I grabbed a space station for $400 and put $100 in LED’s... lol. Won’t do that again.

This may sound crazy, but when it comes to changing out Bally sockets in regards to elbow grease, I would say this is no worse than exchanging socket for socket. Doing it either way takes probably around the same amount of time and effort. I’ve done the socket thing many times prior to doing it this way.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/all-new-led-s-amp-sockets-for-less-than-5-really-?hl=dyopp21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.