Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

How_about_a_Fresca_(resized).jpg
pepsi.jpg
suicidalLPs.jpg
20140719_174339.jpg
0813b508d7330894a369a979f8b317fd.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

All I wanted was a Pepsi.

And she wouldn't give it to me!

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You can't stop stupid.

You can't fix it either

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I don't get the Pepsi joke. Oh Well.

Yeah, they haven't made this music pin yet. I wouldn't expect too many here would understand.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Gerrard17:

Ooh suicidal tendencies pin... now thats an idea.

Good luck with that! They still haven't gotten to Journey, Styx, or REO Speedwagon yet.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

I'm surprised so many here know suicidal tendencies.

If pinballers were stuck listening to the bands they theme pinball machines after we would all go crazy.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from Gerrard17:

On the flip side do americans know of many australian bands?

Does Atlas Genius count?

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from Gerrard17:

Never heard of them! haha

I guess sometimes you have to get to America to get famous! lol. Probably nobody else has heard of them either.

#65 8 years ago

Here are some of the homeboys I grew up with. See if you recognize them.

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

I went out with a girl who was obsessed with social distortion.

That's funny. When we were in school I never saw Ness with a girl. Just goes to show becoming a rock star can get you laid.

#74 8 years ago

Perhaps it is time for a Social D. pinball machine. Not because they are from my town but because they fn kill it.

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

I'd be happy just with a genre/era type themed pinball related to punk/hardcore. Like a jukebox thing with a bunch of different bands featured.

They could just take the bands from this neighborhood and have enough to go on. SD, Adolescents, DI, Agent Orange and a few more.

If they did Social D they could leave off Ball and Chain and still have enough material to go on.

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

angry samoans were from around there weren't they?

Expand the radius a little and Black Flag, Circle Jerks, and TSOL can join the party.

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

pre-rollins black flag please

But of course.

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

Or maybe just make a decline of western civilization themed pin

Somebody phone Gary.

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

definitely needs an LCD so we can see clips like this and Darby Crash rolling around covered in blood

I can even see a couple of my friends moshing around in this clip. I was supposed to go that night but pulled up lame.

#96 8 years ago

There isn't a lot recorded when Keith Morris was on vocals for Black Flag but he was a madman. And yeah I prefer Paul Di' Anno's work with Iron maiden

#100 8 years ago

does anybody else ever get this feeling?

#101 8 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Everyone bashes XXXX because he has, at some point, during the time you have known him, done something untowards in his dealings with you. I understand everyone's frustration and everyone's complaints. You really have to approach it from the angle of "it's just business". He's out to make a buck, and if he can make it off you, he will try. He doesn't care if he sold it for 20, 40 or 60, he got your business because he had what you wanted. There are times in pinball when you need something, he's got it and you have seen it no where else. You are sadly stuck and he's really keen on knowing this. I don't begrudge a man in his "pursuit of happiness" (using the term as our forefathers meant it to be used) and I have had my dealings with him as well. If you want a deal, they are to be had. I got my Family Guy from him at the end of the 2008 expo (my machine was used in the tournament) for a sweet deal. This pin was NIB at the start of expo and had all of 250 games played on it by the end. I said how much for the FG? Now he said he needed $3000 when I got there Wednesday and I said I would think about it. I didn't talk with him again until Sunday afternoon. I asked him again how much... He said he needed $3000. I said "Hmmm..." and started walking away. Then he said he needed $2750 and I said would he take a check for $2550 and he started dancing back and forth (and if you know him, you know the dance) and started shaking his head "no" then I said $2600. And he danced a little more... Then he said I have $2650 in it from the distributor and I don't want to haul it back with me. I said ok would he take a check and he really started dancing... Now I don't know about you, but I love to watch him dance... And he shook his head and said No, and I said enjoy hauling it back and started walking... He finally said ok but he would have to have a cashiers check and I said where do I get a cashiers check on Sunday? And he danced some more... I got it for $2650, wrote a check and had it on my truck heading home 30 minutes later. When push comes to shove, he will come down to something reasonable, and I am sure he made a buck because I am positive the distributor cost was probably $2500. Now I have a machine that was played by all the big names in pinball (and it was used in the final rounds Sunday) a great story to tell, and as near a NIB as you could want. Also, the machine had been gone over by Stern Saturday in prep for tournament and was playing perfectly and has played so ever since. I have only ever had to replace the death target solenoid bracket and the Beer Can sticker due to my own HUO play.

Just add portland cement and water and we're good to go.

#106 8 years ago

I guess we're all in agreement that the next music pin should have a punk rock theme so I'll just leave this here.

#109 8 years ago

It was a west coast thing. Too much sun or something.

#112 8 years ago

It was hard not to be part of the early punk scene where I grew up. It all started with this-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mechanics

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

That's one I hadn't heard of before but now I have to find myself a copy of their record dammit!

They used to practice in a nearby warehouse and anybody that wanted to could hang out. The guys that would become Social D and Adolescents and so on.

When Mike Ness, Casey Royer, and the Agnews formed Social D they needed a place to play so I set them up with one of their very first gigs. They unleashed Amoeba that night with Ness on vocals and it was one crazy party.

Good luck finding The Mechanics record.

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

The Count then posted the music video for our entertainment (and to enlighten some Pinsiders).

Youtube is once again our friend. Hahaha.

#127 8 years ago

Freek's garage is a real place. I applied for a job there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/all-i-wanted-was-a-damn-translite?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.