Topic Stats

• 136 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Pinball-is-great
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

How_about_a_Fresca_(resized).jpg
pepsi.jpg
suicidalLPs.jpg
20140719_174339.jpg
0813b508d7330894a369a979f8b317fd.jpg

There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Everyone bashes XXXX because he has, at some point, during the time you have known him, done something untowards in his dealings with you. I understand everyone's frustration and everyone's complaints. You really have to approach it from the angle of "it's just business". He's out to make a buck, and if he can make it off you, he will try. He doesn't care if he sold it for 20, 40 or 60, he got your business because he had what you wanted. There are times in pinball when you need something, he's got it and you have seen it no where else. You are sadly stuck and he's really keen on knowing this. I don't begrudge a man in his "pursuit of happiness" (using the term as our forefathers meant it to be used) and I have had my dealings with him as well. If you want a deal, they are to be had. I got my Family Guy from him at the end of the 2008 expo (my machine was used in the tournament) for a sweet deal. This pin was NIB at the start of expo and had all of 250 games played on it by the end. I said how much for the FG? Now he said he needed $3000 when I got there Wednesday and I said I would think about it. I didn't talk with him again until Sunday afternoon. I asked him again how much... He said he needed $3000. I said "Hmmm..." and started walking away. Then he said he needed $2750 and I said would he take a check for $2550 and he started dancing back and forth (and if you know him, you know the dance) and started shaking his head "no" then I said $2600. And he danced a little more... Then he said I have $2650 in it from the distributor and I don't want to haul it back with me. I said ok would he take a check and he really started dancing... Now I don't know about you, but I love to watch him dance... And he shook his head and said No, and I said enjoy hauling it back and started walking... He finally said ok but he would have to have a cashiers check and I said where do I get a cashiers check on Sunday? And he danced some more... I got it for $2650, wrote a check and had it on my truck heading home 30 minutes later. When push comes to shove, he will come down to something reasonable, and I am sure he made a buck because I am positive the distributor cost was probably $2500. Now I have a machine that was played by all the big names in pinball (and it was used in the final rounds Sunday) a great story to tell, and as near a NIB as you could want. Also, the machine had been gone over by Stern Saturday in prep for tournament and was playing perfectly and has played so ever since. I have only ever had to replace the death target solenoid bracket and the Beer Can sticker due to my own HUO play.

Just add portland cement and water and we're good to go.

#102 3 years ago

Can I throw a couple of ringers in there?

GG Allin's The Murder Junkies
The Butthole Surfers

#103 3 years ago

Rollins pinball machine: hit the start button, 30 min rant!

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

damaged is great but most of those songs were written before he joined. Not saying they weren't good with Rollin's and I've even got a bunch of his cds from after black flag but I just think they were at their best before him.

Yes, I know Damaged was kinda "Keith Morris Karaoke" and Rollins was stepping into big shoes. It's all subjective. For me...Hanks screams and barks are some of the most primal, pit-inducing, chair kicking, volume knob ripped off drenched with sweat vocals ever laid on celluloid.
I do like Morris, I just think Rollins took them to the teeth-kicking place they were destined to arrive at.

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Rollins pinball machine: hit the start button, 30 min rant!

Immediately followed by multiball and you get chastised for every ball that drains until you get to a single "you're such a loser ball".

#106 3 years ago

I guess we're all in agreement that the next music pin should have a punk rock theme so I'll just leave this here.

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I guess we're all in agreement that the next music pin should have a punk rock theme so I'll just leave this here.
» YouTube video

The gentleman with the chair is really clenching.

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

ha that's gold. I'm surprised so many here know suicidal tendencies.

I only know that song from Beavis and Butthead and Repo Man. But it certainly makes an impression!

#109 3 years ago

It was a west coast thing. Too much sun or something.

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

ha that's gold. I'm surprised so many here know suicidal tendencies.

I was thinking the same thing but growing up a punk rocker in the early 1980's I'm programmed to assume most people don't know about such things.

Fun fact. My friend Lisa owns the label that put out that first Suicidal Tendencies LP (really the only one you need). Some number of years ago I gave her the idea to start pressing those old records on colored vinyl and then it led to this:

suicidalLPs.jpg

She sends me one every time they make a new color. This photo is a bit outdated at this point, I think I have another half dozen new colors since then.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

» YouTube video

Yeah but that opens up the argument about which of the four singers was the best Black Flag singer.

The answer to that question of course is Chavo (Ron Reyes).

#112 3 years ago

It was hard not to be part of the early punk scene where I grew up. It all started with this-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mechanics

#113 3 years ago

Doesn't matter which one was better...ahem..(Henry)....because Dead Kennedy's blew them out the water any-hoo...!!!... ..............Joey

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It was hard not to be part of the early punk scene where I grew up. It all started with this-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mechanics

That's one I hadn't heard of before but now I have to find myself a copy of their record dammit!

#115 3 years ago

Wow did this thread go off on a tangent.

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

That's one I hadn't heard of before but now I have to find myself a copy of their record dammit!

They used to practice in a nearby warehouse and anybody that wanted to could hang out. The guys that would become Social D and Adolescents and so on.

When Mike Ness, Casey Royer, and the Agnews formed Social D they needed a place to play so I set them up with one of their very first gigs. They unleashed Amoeba that night with Ness on vocals and it was one crazy party.

Good luck finding The Mechanics record.

#117 3 years ago

Think xxxx may have a bally truck stop translite laying around? Lol.

I could use a little abuse

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

Yeah but that opens up the argument about which of the four singers was the best Black Flag singer.
The answer to that question of course is Chavo (Ron Reyes).

Great minds think a like. He was my favourite too.

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

Great minds think a like. He was my favourite too.

Trick question! There were no good singers in Black Flag!!!

#120 3 years ago

I LIKE grapes!

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Wow did this thread go off on a tangent.

Well, that's partly due to vdojaq starting a thread with a great title that had definite potential, but rather early on he clarified that he did get his translite. So, problem was solved rather quickly.

Let's re-cap:
vdojaq said: All I wanted was a damn translite!
Gryszzz posted the following almost immediately near the top of pg 1 (exactly what many of us were thinking as soon as we read the thread title): “All I wanted was a Pepsi.”
vdojaq informed that he did get his damn translite, and it was perfect.
Garrard17 helped explain Mike’s unfair situation.
The Count then posted the music video for our entertainment (and to enlighten some Pinsiders).
Life sure can be frustrating sometimes (or really messed up) when all you want is a damn translite or a Pepsi and you find yourself faced with a bunch of needless bs.
I’m just glad vdojaq didn’t get hauled off to a mental institution for wanting a damn translite.

Things really got off track when smokey posted:

Great thread vdojaq!

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Well, that's partly due to vdojaq starting a thread with a great title that had definite potential, but rather early on he clarified that he did get his translite. So, problem was solved rather quickly.
Let's re-cap:
vdojaq said: All I wanted was a damn translite!
Gryszzz posted the following almost immediately near the top of pg 1 (exactly what many of us were thinking as soon as we read the thread title): “All I wanted was a Pepsi.”
vdojaq informed that he did get his damn translate, and it was perfect.
Garrard17 helped explain Mike’s unfair situation.
The Count then posted the music video for our entertainment (and to enlighten some Pinsiders).
Life sure can be frustrating sometimes (or really messed up) when all you want is a damn translite or a Pepsi and you find yourself faced with a bunch of needless bs.
I’m just glad vdojaq didn’t get hauled off to a mental institution for wanting a damn translite.
Things really got off track when smokey posted:

Great thread vdojaq!

Great post,well explained.

#123 3 years ago

Mike is playing Grand Lizard in the beginning of the video ... I never noticed this before.
I know they were playing one in Another state of mind as well but I cant remember which one.

#124 3 years ago

Yes, it was ALL about needless BS , and avoiding further BS. But I had to demand the translite, I don't like Pepsi.

#125 3 years ago

pepsi.jpg

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Youtube is once again our friend. Hahaha.

#127 3 years ago

Freek's garage is a real place. I applied for a job there.

#128 3 years ago

What's with the "All I wanted was a pepsi" thing?

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

It's a song by Suicidal Tendencies called Institutionalized,classic old tune if you grew in that era as I did.

How about a little ruthless M.O.D or S.O.D....yeah??
M.O.D "The Hate Tank"....lol

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Lol.....your either really old....or really young..................Joey

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

M.O.D "The Hate Tank"

I just recently re-bought this LP for my wife.

That shit is too funny and in VERY bad taste.

...take the Hershey highway...

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You can't stop stupid.

Quoted from o-din:

You can't fix it either
» YouTube video

Stupid should hurt.

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from PIN_GROOM:

That shit is too funny and in VERY bad taste.
...take the Hershey highway...

You are so right but it sure is funny.....

#134 3 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

How about a little ruthless M.O.D or S.O.D....yeah??

Like ole Billy do ya ? Harr..me too Elevator Mang. We gotta get together and blast the Corpse, etc., all day, one day soon. Can't believe I missed you at Kellers last year...let's rectify that.
One of the finest SOD tracks :

#135 3 years ago

Happy Holidays !

2 months later
#136 3 years ago

How_about_a_Fresca_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside