Topic Stats

• 756 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by blimpey
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 212 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

57E06B36-9527-4647-88C2-738CD7835365 (resized).jpeg
5BC40003-3353-4FD6-AD7E-EEE841A51080 (resized).jpeg
CF8C7121-7B39-41B7-9635-B7CCF2DC2B66 (resized).jpeg
90332013-702E-412E-9B8B-15540F206462 (resized).jpeg
C48B940D-9D01-4FAE-965F-F49639B5C3DA (resized).jpeg
D1E9CD70-4575-439D-9ADC-BB5DC15878DF (resized).jpeg
5753BA4A-D123-4CE3-B7D6-B094FB3D95CC (resized).jpeg
BB1B1933-7FB8-4CDB-809B-834A2E8F3D04 (resized).jpeg
09599329-627C-4499-A4DA-E8744783C1C6 (resized).jpeg
3D3B2633-BB54-400E-A004-2DA4B350E6AC (resized).jpeg
IMG_4051 (resized).JPG
100_0194 (resized).JPG
84794FEC-7C30-4300-B1B6-8AF55FD8ECA3 (resized).jpeg
B08C65B9-4700-461F-9163-996EBB90452D (resized).jpeg
afterball1 (resized).jpg
2EF4F988-A217-4D95-BB24-005979D7C6EA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robknapp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I can't stop playing mine. It's amazing that people think this game sucks.

I bought the Avengers LE Blue # 30 last April. I did not like the HULK DMD. STERN used a green filter cover over the top of the green LED DMD. It made the dot matrix very dim. As far as ratings on Avengers if you forgive all the modifications people had to do to get the machine to play as intended . The Avengers is an A title in my eyes. The sound effects and the music sound tracks are excellent. The playfield layout is the key to the fun. Nothing like it.

100_0185.JPG
#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

How do you complete a character? I have completed a few but don't know what specifically did it

HULK is the only one a now for sure.

Quoted from Jediturtle:or in Hulk's case, score a super jackpot).

THOR VS X character I had to hit the shield stand ups. Wish Rcade had this game. He likes to do glass off testing and post specific in depth rules. If some one in the club wants to take the challenge and time to do a complete rule sheet. Or at least focus on how to complete all the different Character VS mode combinations and what is the final shot to complete them . That would be the BOMB . My machine are all jigsaw puzzled in a room. I can not get the glass off with out serious work.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Or at least focus on how to complete all the different Character VS mode combinations and what is the final shot to complete them . That would be the BOMB

1 week later
#75 4 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

...how do you keep those 555's in the slingshots

My LE has been good so far. the easiest way is to take out 555 . Bend down the wires on base. wrap electrical around base of LED the bend wire contact back. And put back in. Never done this but hot glue gun.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

And you are also missing on one of the best featire of the pin, imagine that Hawkey arrow ramp, you get to control that diverter. You choose if the ball make it leaft or right by pressing the flippers at that right time when you set it as manual override.

I have only had the pin for a year Could you explain this feature and exactly what I need to do to control the Hawkeye diverter . Thanks

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from tlang:

1) Ghost scores - intermittently, I get a score when playfield resets, and ball autolaunches.

You miss the chance at a skill shot to if ball kicks out into plunger and triggers a hit. Mine were the HULK targets. I pushed on all the connections and it seemed to go away. But I am still not sure the HULK DROS are working correct . The THOR DROPs when hit stay down untill you hit every target. Then they reset. The HULK DROPs are different I think. If I hit a couple down some times they will reset with out knocking them all down . Not sure the HULK Drops act different by design compared to the THOR drops . Or is my HULK DROPs targets jacked up?

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Blowing on the caulk can't hurt to get it hard

I will leave this up to you chief . Sorry I am easily amused .

2 weeks later
#133 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Nuts, I just noticed they are not in stock and the notes look old. Hopefully they still make them...

'Hooked' makes a version as well. I left mine original . I shimmed my Black Widow ramp before I played one ball. I guess I got lazy and did not want to redo it.

Quoted from Schwaggs:

Once I have a comprehensive list, I will scan them and have a fellow Pinsider create a protector set for us.

That would be great.

11 months later
#435 3 years ago

I would like to see if there is an update more shaker motor action . Like on STERN Star Trek . when in a mode every shot triggers the shaker motor. Avengers since it is not as mode oriented . May be every shot to the different Avengers gets a shake. Food for thought. Peace .

#436 3 years ago

By the way I dig the Green GI. Christmas tree effect is awesome by me. I just wish I could figure out how to beat each versus match . I can figure out is ' HULK vrs. THOR . Hit Hulk and THOR Drops till the two 'Shield Agent ' targets flash .Nail them and collect THOR solid . And During HULK Multi Ball Hit the SMASH target behind HULK left arm as you look from the player point of view. As for the rest of the Avengers versus modes I have no Idea. Any tips.

100_0185.JPG
1 month later
#459 3 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

What I do find strange is that there is really no good view on the THOR drop targets, is there a fix for that ? maybe smaller plastics above ?

There is a fix. By cutting out some of the plastic above the THOR Drops . But it is a pain in the ass. Just train your self to look at the large THOR playfield inserts . They are big and light up nicely in my opinion .

2 years later
#722 1 year ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

I join the club
Good game, low price, perfect for me

Quoted from RipleYYY:

quite happy after my best game on Avengers ...
a very good 1st ball (including the 2 extra balls already of course)
going to mini wizard mode, completed
than going to BFE, and only missing 2 IRON MAN shoots (before easy HULK)

and than as often, stamina is out, finishing my game at 255M (and beating my son high score of 250 lol ! you have some works now... )

Quoted from RipleYYY:

despite hate this game get for years, i still think its a good/fun pinball WHEN (and only WHEN) all tweaks are done and it plays smoothly...

I was an early adopter NIB Avengers LE on the release . This thread has been quite . Lot of new owners . Good to see that the pinheads in this Club do not follow the pinside "HERD" and took a chance on one of In my opinion of the Best STERN pinball machines ever.

100_0194 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mechanicsville, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robknapp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside