IMG20230318114953 (resized).jpg
AAACDA8A-60E7-4DCA-B35A-BEC5CF892010 (resized).jpeg
20230121_210628_HDR (resized).jpg
20230121_214542 (resized).jpg
20230122_090028 (resized).jpg
20230101_174918_HDR (resized).jpg
20230120_172028_HDR (resized).jpg
20230122_083407_HDR (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdreynolds.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Just picked this one up, didn't see a club for it. Really like it so far, although it may be the single hardest game I've ever played. Or is it that I just stink?

#16 10 years ago

Kicking around a ColorDMD for my Pro...do you like the difference it makes over the green that shipped in the LE?

Also, does anyone else find the Iron Man shot the hardest shot in the game? BW is tough, but I can make it, that IM shot seems almost impossible...

#27 10 years ago

Question on the Color DMD...do you just need the Sigma? This one, with SAM/Whitestar?

http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-sigma/

3 weeks later
#30 10 years ago

Anyone else feel bad for Barton when you hear "Hawkeye...intelligence...average!"

#32 10 years ago

I can't stop playing mine. It's amazing that people think this game sucks.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Since I put mine on easier settings I've been to wiz mode half a dozen times. I need to make room for a new game and have played AVLE at least 5x more than any other game I own, and yet I still can't put it up for sale. That B/W shot is the best in pinball. How many ramps feel better the more times in a row you hit it? Instead of getting boring, the thrill just increases. I've hit it 6 times in a row. What a rush!

You've made it to Battle for Earth? I consider it a major success just to get to Attack on the Helicarrier.

Speaking of, once you get all the Avengers, I know the Loki shot starts that mode, but today, I hit it and it didn't. Do you need to lock them all? I've only made it a couple times to AOTH, so you'll have to forgive my ignorance.

#54 10 years ago

That would be good. I don't think I've ever even come close to finishing a vs. mode, esp. not HE vs. BW...

#55 10 years ago

Something I don't think this game gets ANY credit for which is all the more criminal: it's VERY funny. Tons of great quotes, which would not have been possible if they'd just used movie clips.

Just heard one I'd never heard before and I howled with laughter. Possible SPOILER ALERT!

~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~

Was playing Iron Man vs. Thor. When I'd lost both balls, Tony Stark says, "How was I supposed to know Thor was a good guy? Who do I look like, Sherlock Holmes?"

~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~

VERY clever!

1 week later
#57 10 years ago

I cannot stop playing this game!!!

I just wish that BW ramp was just a bit easier. Anyone have any tweak tips for it??

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Yep. clean it on all sides and bottom with Plexus cleaner. Also clean the clear plastic shields on the top of the ramp. This won't make hitting the shot easier but it will allow less than perfect shots to make it to the end of the ramp.

I thought Plexus was for plastic? On the Pro, the ramp is basically all metal. Am I just missing something?

Also, got to Black Widow's Vs. mode today. No no, not against Hawkeye, but against, well, you know. My son was howling at the animation. "She's not fighting!!!"

#63 10 years ago

Stupid question: do I need to take the ramp out to spray it? Wasn't sure if Plexus may damage the playfield...

#67 10 years ago

HOLY CRAP!

What a difference Plexus made!

I seriously cannot believe that just spraying that Black Widow ramp down nicely now has the ball screaming across it. Before it get about halfway (or more) across and a lot of the time it would roll back down and out. I just played for like an hour straight, and other than shots that had no prayer of making it (i.e., it didn't even get past the turn), it did not do it once. One time I hit it four times in a row. Wow wow wow!

I cannot thank you guys enough.

#69 10 years ago

I am now seriously wondering if I should trade up my Pro to an LE. I really need to put some time on an LE and see just how much different it is...

#73 10 years ago

I had a 165M bonus that carried over at 25x.

As a bonus? 165M is my grand champion score! LOL

#74 10 years ago

Question for everyone...how do you keep those 555's in the slingshots? I kinda just pulled them out and gave up after they popped out for the 17th time. Anyone have any luck getting them to stay put?

#97 10 years ago

To anyone who may be thinking of selling an LE, please PM me before you throw it up for general sale.

1 week later
#98 9 years ago

I've been successful recently at getting to AOTH a few times...but haven't completed it since the first time I ever played it when I did. Maddening!

LOVE THIS GAME!

#101 9 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Helicarrier is one of my favorite modes ever. I love how it utilizes all of the shots while making perfect narrative sense. Talk about awesome theme integration. I still can't believe how underrated this game is.

Not just that mode, but the versus modes integrate the theme well too. Tie into the movie incredibly well.

And yeah, I don't get why this game is so underrated. Not saying it's top 10 (although it's sure sneaking up my list!), but is there a sane person out there that can really say that DE Batman, SF2, Sharkey's Shootout, SWT, and Big Hurt (just to name a few) are better than my Pro???!! Seriously, come on now.

#103 9 years ago

BFE!! One day I can only hope to get there.

#110 9 years ago

I agree!
It's that damn Black Widow ramp too though! Until you tweak that - and I think it's mostly about moving/adjusting the 2 clear plastics that cover the ramp- you can't truly enjoy the game. I removed the one over the bridge and modified the other so it's only in play enough to right a screaming airball. Otherwise they can block shots, and that's unacceptable to me. I can now collect BW regularly, and that's so much more pleasurable than shot after shot being denied.

Plexus made an insane difference on my BW ramp. What was once the most frustrating shot on any of my machines is now the most rewarding!!

1 month later
#134 9 years ago

Question...what the heck am I supposed to be shooting for during Loki multi ball?

4 weeks later
#161 9 years ago

Is it just me, or do the music / speech volume adjustments don't work?

2 months later
#173 9 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

This club has been awfully quiet lately so thought I'd awaken it. I highly recommend super bands for this game. Put them on and the game has become even more enjoyable. I'm able to hit shots much better now, particularly BW. I hit a new high last night of 314 mil, so much fun. Got to AOTHC, but drained very quickly...sigh. I wish this game had a feature to carry over AOTHC in the same manner IM allows you an option to carry over Jericho. I also had four of six Avengers COMPLETED (ie, solid, not flashing.) and completed several vs modes, the scoring really piles up when you do this. I had massive bonuses of 40-50 mil on a few balls. I have extra balls set set 12, 50, 100 and 150 mil and am on 3-ball.

Agreed on the Superbands. I love them on this game.

#176 9 years ago

Must know the key to that as well. Have never beat Loki.

#182 9 years ago

At first I didn't dig the voices, but now I like them generally. Some are horrible (Black Widow's "Cross me, and you'll find out how I got my name sake!" is one of the worst sounds in any game I've ever played), but some are very funny (Hulk, Loki, Thor).

Just wish I could play better on it!

3 weeks later
#211 9 years ago

Don't worry, my friend. I've found that most of the tweaks have been very minor. They're just quite a few of them.

One thing I will say for sure though - get a can of Plexus. That made such a huge difference on my BW ramp I can still hardly believe it.

http://www.amazon.com/Plexus-Plastic-Cleaner-Protectant-13-Ounce/dp/B00092CKN4

#215 9 years ago

I had contacted them in the past noting it was a major issue. It would be a simple software fix I THINK...just tell the H target to stay down for a second or two. Never heard back from them on it.

Thankfully on my machine, it happens VERY rarely - like once every 100 games or so.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdreynolds.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/all-hulk-get-is-tilt-avengers-club?tu=rdreynolds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.