IMG20230318114953 (resized).jpg
AAACDA8A-60E7-4DCA-B35A-BEC5CF892010 (resized).jpeg
20230121_210628_HDR (resized).jpg
20230121_214542 (resized).jpg
20230122_090028 (resized).jpg
20230101_174918_HDR (resized).jpg
20230120_172028_HDR (resized).jpg
20230122_083407_HDR (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Just picked this one up, didn't see a club for it. Really like it so far, although it may be the single hardest game I've ever played. Or is it that I just stink?

It's pretty tough at first but once you get a hang of the geometry the shots start to flow and it feels satisfying...especially if you've dialed yours in. I just did my "final dialing" yesterday...my Iron Man loop (when open for IM mode) was whipping the ball into the sling instead of to the flipper. I bent the ball guide a tad to the right, and now it flies smooth to the flipper like it should.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

Does anyone know how these compare with XPin DMDs?

It's an LCD panel instead of individual LEDs. So - no gridlines. You can change it to any color you want. You can use the Sigma effects for different visual options. I think most would say they're better.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Anyone have any cool toppers they have done on their Avengers? I just ordered a Thor hammer that lights up from Target that I'll pick up tonight on my way home from work and see how it looks on top of the head. I was thinking I'd wire it into the game.

14542616_Alt04_130402183000.jpg 8 KB

That would be cool if you'd mount it on the wall above the game, since it has that 'smashed into the wall' look to it.

3 weeks later
#44 10 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

You've made it to Battle for Earth? I consider it a major success just to get to Attack on the Helicarrier.
Speaking of, once you get all the Avengers, I know the Loki shot starts that mode, but today, I hit it and it didn't. Do you need to lock them all? I've only made it a couple times to AOTH, so you'll have to forgive my ignorance.

Were all Avengers blinking? You need to finish their modes, not just get them going. When Loki shot is ready for AOTH, the 3 lock inserts will chase....you only need to get 1.

Were you in Tesseract? It might disable while that's running, but I'm not sure. I know it disables if you start a Vs. mode.

#51 10 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Thanks! While in vs modes, I often get the Tesseract lighting up. Does it play into completing a character or is it just coincidence that it lights up in the vs mode?

Tesseract has nothing to do with anything but the Tesseract.

2 weeks later
#85 10 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Question for everyone...how do you keep those 555's in the slingshots? I kinda just pulled them out and gave up after they popped out for the 17th time. Anyone have any luck getting them to stay put?

A few dabs of Clear Silicon caulk.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I use a dab of krazy glue and it works tremendous! however, im looking for another method as one day I decided to replace the 555 with a different color....lets just say it wasn't a happy camper and really wanted to stay home in its place.

Thats why I use silicon instead of glue. It's firm and bulbs won't fall out...but it's stretchy enough that you can pull a bulb out if need be.

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

So Greg, master of Tron, lover of ACDC, owner of STLE and dozens of others....how is AVLE hanging in the collection?

It's going to its new home next weekend lol Don't worry - I still like it....but like many games that have been sold, sometimes I've just played them enough and it's time to go to make room for something different.

1 week later
#106 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I get it. I'm ready for a new game and may part with mine as well, but I can still have as much or more fun playing it than any other game in my collection. But unless some updated code gives it a new angle, I'll be moving on soon enough.

My Avengers LE is now at its new home - Pinball Land in Santa Ana, CA. I brought it during the Mustang launch party. It was fun to set up the game mid-party and watch people instantly excited to play it and enjoy it! I think it's a hit! Multiple people commented on how great it looked (esp the Tesseract mod) and how well it played. I think anyone who's based an opinion based on negative word of mouth or played a bad one out of the box will play this one and go "hey, this is pretty cool!"

1 month later
#142 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Officially joined the club today! Picked up a MINT HUO Avengers Pro with full Cointaker LEDs, Avengers speaker LEDs and shaker motor. Except for the mods, this game looks like it was opened out of the box today.
Rob
Robsgameroom.com

Do yourself a favor and get a cube mod! Looks so much better all clear and fractally with blue light shining through it when it spins!

7 months later
#361 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Hmm, so green to white and not green to yellow? Shit I just placed an order with Comet. So warm or bright whites?

Use Warm White...that's the best compromise. It will "feel like Iron Man" during IM mode...and red/white/blue during Captain America.

#367 9 years ago

EDIT: ^^^^^^ Oh hey, look at that!

Quoted from Grinder901:

Wtf, haha I just got a ton of warm whites in both types but I opted for the clear dome. As I recall, the lights under inserts all had clear domes. Oh well. Should have them by Friday so we will see

Don't worry, I used clear domes too. There might be one or two that are harsh and pierce thru - if I remember correctly I think I replaced one with a frosted (near the back left corner) and I think I swapped the socket locations of a few others. Have any bulb condoms or a white paint pen? You can make your own "frosted" in a pinch!

#372 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

That looks soooo much better.

I also moved Hulks spotlight over to the left behind the big ship plastic - and used a cool white bulb. This really makes Hulk crisp and detailed - a green spotlight is a disservice to him. I put a green flasher led in his flasher tho - that's a nice effect for multiball and has more impact if he's not greened out already.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/all-hulk-get-is-tilt-avengers-club?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.