IMG20230318114953 (resized).jpg
AAACDA8A-60E7-4DCA-B35A-BEC5CF892010 (resized).jpeg
20230121_210628_HDR (resized).jpg
20230121_214542 (resized).jpg
20230122_090028 (resized).jpg
20230101_174918_HDR (resized).jpg
20230120_172028_HDR (resized).jpg
20230122_083407_HDR (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grinder901.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#181 9 years ago

Played a few games on the blue LE today at a very cool local Pinsiders' business. Very cool game. Tough but lots to aim for and some fun mulitball madness. The Hawkeye shot is very rewarding. His was pretty much stock. The Iron Man shot seemed the toughest by far. The HE and CA were much easier. Beautiful game that I could see myself going overboard modding/pimping.

#189 9 years ago

It's killing me not having this game in my house already....

1 week later
#202 9 years ago

Does anyone have an extra set of Captain America shield pop covers I can buy or some they want to sell me? The ones done by Hooked, I believe.

#208 9 years ago

If anyone near Memphis is interested in a trade, I have a pimped out Original IM I'd love to trade for your AVLE. Hit me up.

3 weeks later
#227 9 years ago

I should be joining the club this Friday. Very excited. I've got some mods all ready to get put in.

image-216.jpgimage-216.jpg
#231 9 years ago

Hey Avengers owners, is there an easy way to install Hooked's left plastic sling mod? Looks like a major pain in the butt

image-623.jpgimage-623.jpg image-142.jpgimage-142.jpg image-513.jpgimage-513.jpg
#232 9 years ago

Also, how do I get the Hawkeye arrow cross ramp to come into play? I've uploaded the newest code and went into the menu options and moved the right ramp diverter from weighted to weighted + override. Is this right?? I've tried to hit the flipper buttons when I hit the Hawkeye shot but it never goes to the cross ramp. Any help guys?

#235 9 years ago

Ugh I will test it in a second.

Ok the ramp control gate (right) #42 does indeed drop the diverter but I can't get it to do it during the game....

#236 9 years ago

So frustrated. Got my Hawkeye ramp all ready to go and can't figure this thing out. Diverter tests fine in the coil test but doesn't work during the game. I've tried one or both buttons held down at the same time. Nothing

image-125.jpgimage-125.jpg

#239 9 years ago

Oh yea, it's a blast to play alright. I lowered the difficulty and put it at five ball to see some more of the game and got some insane bonuses and extra balls and scored 91 million. Still tweaking this and that but I loving the call outs and tight shots.

The optos appear to working fine at the top of the ramp. I'm sure it's something small that I'm missing regarding the Hawkeye ramp.

#244 9 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

How tough is it to get the EL wire around the arrow?

Not hard at all. The wire is very flexible. Had a more difficult time deciding how I wanted to wrap the arrow. Easy enough install as well.

#248 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

For the left orbit shot, test the optos that are located at the top of the ramp. If the optos are not recognizing the ball has come over the top of the ramp then the diverter likely would never divert the ball to the Hawkeye crossover.
Also, to do the user controlled crossover, you have to press the left flipper button before the ball gets to the top of the ramp.

You called it. Pinsider came over. We tested it and decided the lift the playfield and lo and behold, the opto for the diverter wasn't plugged in. Plugged it in and BOOM, Hawkeye ramp is kicking ass. Very F ing cool.

#251 9 years ago

Guilty as charged!

#252 9 years ago

Hey all the LE Blue owners, is the DMD cover a red filter or is it clear? I am buying a ColorDMD for my Avengers and need to use a clear cover. Thanks guys.

#254 9 years ago

Thanks man. My DMD looks red, not orange. So they came with a red DMD?

#257 9 years ago

Man I wish mine came with a blue. Thanks guys. Going to buy a ColorDMD as soon as they are available in their site. Waiting on Gio's cube mod as well, and a shooter rod from Brock....wtf

#259 9 years ago

Good luck!!

#260 9 years ago

It's so beautiful....

image-828.jpgimage-828.jpg image-32.jpgimage-32.jpg
#262 9 years ago

Hot damn!!!

Good looking topper too. Congrats!!!

1 week later
#266 9 years ago

Just gave my powder coater my Hawkeye ramp to do in lollipop purple. Gonna be sick. The ramp in purple wrapped in the purple el kit should look great. I'll post pictures when it's done. Should be Monday or Tuesday.

#267 9 years ago

Hoping someone knows what I am talking about and can help me out here. In reference to the Shield plane and plastic piece it's attached to in the game. How is this thing affixed to the bracket? It's not a typical screw. How does this piece come off? Does any one know what I'm talking about?

#270 9 years ago

Yes it's the rivet that I am referring to on the quinjet. I will try the drilling method. I bought the modded Quinjet from pinballsidemirrors. Cool mod. I'm wanting to swap the plain plastic this modded jet is attached to with one from the game with the graphics. Thanks guys.

I might get lucky and be able to pick up my powder coated ramp today. Very excited.

#271 9 years ago

Amazing turnaround for this local (Memphis) powder coater Prime Restoration (901) 346-1450

Gave them my Hawkeye ramp Wedneday, they had to order the lollipop purple powder and had it done this afternoon. Looks stunning. Hard to see in the dark middle of the playfield though.

My iPhone camera sucks. Not sure it can be seen but I love it.

image-354.jpgimage-354.jpg image-559.jpgimage-559.jpg image-401.jpgimage-401.jpg image-540.jpgimage-540.jpg
#274 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Grinder, that arrow is stunning!

Thanks bro. I'm gonna find a better camera with a better flash. They did a great job on it and it matches Hawkeyes color perfectly.

#276 9 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

Love how it turned out. Do I also see the lighting wrapped around it?

Yes sir. That's Hooked's ramp light mod:

image-993.jpgimage-993.jpg

Now I'm thinking about powder coating Black Widows' ramp in Red. Hmmmm

#281 9 years ago

Instead of trying to find this needle in a haystack answer, I'll throw it out here: I had all the Avengers collected. How the hell do I start the Attack of the Helicarrier wizard mode?

#283 9 years ago

I thought so and I thought I did but it started Hawkeye vs Black Widow instead. Damn. Thanks man

#285 9 years ago

I got Attack on the Helicarrier wizard mode started!! Kicked some ass getting Thor busted out and having Iron Man fix the turbine. Sweet mode!

1 week later
#287 9 years ago

Ok. I've got a noob question here regarding the lighting on the limited edition Avengers. Most if not all of the playfield lighting is not your typical 44 or 555 or whatever bulbs. Instead they use this green sort of chip? With a bright white led on it. So what happens when this chip that been soldered on goes out? Has anybody had to replace them yet?

Why would Stern do it that way as opposed to how my IM is done? With my IM, I can switch out lights and colored match the playfield. Was this some sort of cost cutting move by Stern? Or is this somehow an improvement and I don't know it?

#289 9 years ago

Those LEDs should last forever in home environment. If the board fails, simple replacement.

Ok great to know. Too bad we can't color them but there are worse problems to have.

I've been reading old Avengers threads and I found this image where an owner cut a bit of the plastic above the Thor targets. Looked like a great idea. Not a mod that can be reversed but a def improvement. I wonder what kind of mess it would make on the playfield. Like Lowes says, "Never stop improving".

image-942.jpgimage-942.jpg
#291 9 years ago

Sweet Nelson. You are the man. I don't care what they say about you.

I'll contact JJ and see about getting me a duplicate of that plastic. I think exposing those Thor targets would not only help players during the game but look better too. I'm gonna look up that gel right now to color some of these led boards. Also wondering what the best way to brighten up the dark middle of the playfield would be.

Just paid for the cube mod and a sweet Avengers topper. Can't wait to get them in the game.

Thanks again Nelson.

#294 9 years ago

My pleasure. Best way to lighten up the middle of the playfield is with the plug and play double spots from pinballbulbs.com. But they're pricey. You can accomplish the same thing yourself soldering/clipping into existing GI...even with the "plug and play" version you have or cut back the shrink wrap on the wiring. Pain in the ass. REMEMBER that you want to splice into GI that is always on, which limits your options to the Hulk spot or the apron lights.
I actually wanted to do all kinds of enhancements but never got around to it. I moonlight as the money shot man for Vivid and Wicked films and that keeps me hella busy. That and all the work I do with unwed mothers....just helping them get their start.

Haha! Well Stern won't go for just sending my distributor one plastic. They want me to buy the whole plastic set. $224 bucks. Not sure yet. Thinking about it.

Thanks for your help with the lighting issues. Play on brother.

#296 9 years ago

Oh I am def keeping it. Both games could t be more perfect of a theme and they are fun and challenging too. I'm pretty sure I'll go ahead and get a full set of plastics for the future as well.

Anyone else get a ball stuck on the third (highest) sensor? It gets stuck somehow. I had my distributor contact Stern and I was sent a package full of fixes (decal covering the screws near the sensors, post, screw and rubber for the right side outlane, and the newest Hulk plastic) but I get these annoying as hell ball sticks. Balls getting trapped under Hulk a ton and his knuckles looking like he's been punching gravel but still loving the shit out of it. If anyone had an idea how or why the ball gets stuck like that, let me know.

Also.....am I the only perve that grunts back at Black Widow when she grunts after I make her ramp shot?

#298 9 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I assume you are talking about the Loki lock area... Try slowly rolling a single ball through the area and check to see if it is binding. If it is, loosen the screws holding the plastics in that area, push them over and tighten them back down.

Yes the Loki lock area. It doesn't always stick but when it does, it's a pain in the ass. Thanks man, I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

#300 9 years ago

Here's what I mean. No amount of shaking dislodges it. Another ball coming through will knock it down though. Going to tackle it soon:

image-883.jpgimage-883.jpg
#303 9 years ago

I don't think its a ball stuck due to tight lanes. I've seen that problem on another Avengers LE.

I too have that sticker from Stern but still the stuck ball continues. Jason, could you post some pictures of your fix of this problem? That would be great. Thanks.

Ryan

#305 9 years ago

Some great recommendations that I will put into effect. Thanks guys!

#307 9 years ago

Ok awesome. Thanks for the pictures.

Ryan

#312 9 years ago

Yea that would be sweet to control that diverter too when extra ball is lit. Just got my amazing Avengers topper in. Can't wait to hook it up tonight. I'll post a pic.

2 weeks later
#317 9 years ago

Got my Tesseract cube mod from USPS. Took em long enough. This thing is beautiful!!

Also, Avengers fans, Rejoice but I call first dibs!!!!!:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-avengers-full-color-smartdmd-coming-soon

image-508.jpgimage-508.jpg

2 weeks later
#319 9 years ago

Added yet another mod. Mark (sparkypinball) makes these great MDMs. Had a hard time finding the perfect spot for it. It might get blocked during Hulks mulitball when the bridge is out but it's such a frenzy, I won't be looking up too much anyway. Custom shooter Rod from Brock and the colorized smart DMD from Mike and I am done!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-718.jpgimage-718.jpg image-445.jpgimage-445.jpg
#322 9 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

How much interest is the in Avengers plastic protectors? Thinking about ordering a full plastic set in and having some produced since there is none out there. But, even at dealer cost the plastics are spendy so trying to figure out how much interest there is.
Also working on a few new Avengers mods. Pretty excited about a few of them. Will update here and in a separate thread when they're done.

MORE Avengers mods?!? Sign me up!! Can't wait to see what you're cooking up. Your cube mod is the bomb!

I am interested in plastic protectors. I was quoted $224 for a complete plastic set. Not cheap. Gio, I am extremely interested in someone modding the left lane plastic that sits over the THOR targets. I saw a picture of someone who took a dremel to it and cut a section of it off to expose the targets better. If you had one done for me, I'd gladly pay for the time and work.

Here, I found a picture of it:

image-910.jpgimage-910.jpg
#329 9 years ago

I def think it could def use some light modding. Wish someone had some tested, ready made light kits for sale.

Gio has some awesome mods inbound. With Avengers DMD being colorized and the second movie just over the horizon, good attention is being paid towards the title. It might result in some great mods like Gio is about to release.

#330 9 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

I bit the bullet and ordered a plastic set in so the protectors can be properly measured and laser cut. I'm interested to see the effect of adding protectors at the ball launch ramps helps the plunge consistency since it should eliminate some of the flexing. Will be a few weeks before they are ready.
Will also look at replacing the Thor plastic so targets can be seen. My take a little longer to get the graphics matched. Planing to leave plastic it's current size but try to change the graphic so it is clear over the targets.

Leaving a clear window for the THOR targets could work just fine like Hooked did for the LOKI targets. Either way Gio, count me in. Thanks.

#332 9 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Im in ive had my hulk le from jan 1 2014 i want thank everybody for the tips and tweeks on this great pin . This pin must be the most underated pin ive ever bought lol with that being said the tweeks are a must when i first bought this pin i played it all the time but it was hard as hell but once i tweeked it its the funnest pin i own love the call outs tersact cube mod ect ect hulk make me angry wheres all the trick toppers ?

Here's mine:

image-608.jpgimage-608.jpg image-976.jpgimage-976.jpg
#339 9 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Thats sick as fuqqq!!! Where did you get it

Haha he has it for Blue and Green Avengers. http://tilttopper.m.webs.com/site/mobile#2113

#340 9 years ago

Lots of interest Gio. Thanks man for doing the work for us.

You good bro?

#344 9 years ago

Brandon from Arcade Upkeep made me these. I did a quick paint job on them and voila!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-753.jpgimage-753.jpg
1 week later
#345 9 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Took a few pics last night of my tweak to prevent balls from sticking on Loki Lock 3. It's a little kludgy, and it doesn't look so hot up close, but it seems to be foolproof.
The whole idea is to divert the ball to the far left *before* it gets to that depression that accommodates the upper screw head. Without the diverter, the ball is guided right into the depression if the ball comes in too slowly.
You can see that the sticker as received from Stern didn't work either, so I tried cutting the sticker to guide the ball, but it still got hung up.
The 1st picture shows a virgin Cliffy's inlane switch slot protector, oriented roughly the same way as the one I installed. I trimmed 1 wing of the Cliffy, bent it, & it tucks under the stock shooter lane ramp. I then JB Welded it to the plastic wall on the right side of the channel. Not gorgeous, but it is somewhat hidden from the player's POV.
-Jason

IMG_20141209_215204.jpg 172 KB

IMG_20141209_215131.jpg 248 KB

IMG_20141209_215138.jpg 242 KB

I wanted to post this today after doing a bunch modding and tweaking to my Avengers last night. Jason made me a fix for the LOKI ball lock issue I was having. I put it on and ZERO problems!! Honestly after looking at the area in great detail, I think if Stern (or anyone) put a similar sticker on the thin right side of the ball trough like they sent for the left side, the problem would be fixed. The balls would travel over the holes instead of the top one getting stuck in the depression much like the ball travels more on the sides of the Hawkeye cross ramp and never touches the bottom. Jason's fix has worked wonderfully regardless and that's all I can ask.

I switched out the green start button for a blue one, pulled the green LOKI lights to match the blue of the Tesseract and finally added the nut to the shooter rod tip. Such a beautiful and fun game!!

image-112.jpgimage-112.jpg image-699.jpgimage-699.jpg
#348 9 years ago

Thanks. Yea the blue start button was a no brainer and long over due.

Now I turn my attention to the Hulk saucer/hole. Cliffy doesn't make a protector for this area but said he would give one a go if he had access to the pin or playfield. Does anyone else think the saucer could use a protector?

#350 9 years ago

Uh holy shit! How long were you playing?

#358 9 years ago

Ya know, I wish they had some yellow LEDS in the game to go with the red for Iron Man's colors. Instead we get Red and Green. Blah.

#360 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Change the green GI to white and it will look a whole lot better. I did leave some green around Hulk.

Hmm, so green to white and not green to yellow? Shit I just placed an order with Comet. So warm or bright whites?

#363 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Use Warm White...that's the best compromise. It will "feel like Iron Man" during IM mode...and red/white/blue during Captain America.

Quoted from DCFAN:

Change the green GI to white and it will look a whole lot better. I did leave some green around Hulk.

Sweet, I'm about to order a bunch of warm whites then. Thanks guys.

#365 9 years ago

Wtf, haha I just got a ton of warm whites in both types but I opted for the clear dome. As I recall, the lights under inserts all had clear domes. Oh well. Should have them by Friday so we will see

#368 9 years ago

I love the new look with the warm whites added.

Do you have a picture of Iron Mans' theme with the red and the warm whites?

#371 9 years ago

I went ahead and ordered some more warm whites with frost caps. What the hell. Why not

#373 9 years ago

I'm taking notes Rare, I never liked the spot light in its present location, it blocks the left pop too much. Was it a pain in the ass to move it?

I also saw an old ass thread where there was a mod to put a green led (flasher) under the Hulk Saucer to pulse when Hulk was ready. No idea how to hook that up though.

#376 9 years ago

Do you have any pictures of the purple Gio?

I put in a bunch of warm whites but ran out of frosted. The clear ones from Comet had light that was too focused and it created a white circle underneath the plastics. I should have bought all frosted. Looks like I need to make another order.

Still curious about adding yellows to the whites to see how that looks.

#378 9 years ago

I am debating not only powder coating my BW ramp in red as well as my coin door, shooter rod housing and slide rails in the same blue as the legs and armor. Anyone know the name of the color?

#381 9 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Well boys I'm in the club. I traded off my Family Guy for Hulk #14. I'm not sure if I made the right right decision yet or not.
First thing, how and where are you guys moving that stupid Loki lock plastic? I'm three games in and ready to tear that sonofabitch out of there.

image.jpg 179 KB

First off, congrats! I got the Hooked mod for the LOKI Lock. I didn't like it on the left side as I felt keeping it on the right balanced the Playfield but now I have added another mod to the right so whatever. The Loki Lock mod is cleaner and allowed more playfield to be visible. I'm not sure he is still making the mod though so in its absence I say yeah move it somewhere more to your liking.

image-355.jpgimage-355.jpg image-20.jpgimage-20.jpg
#383 9 years ago

I have your Avengers Blue topper and can't wait for your IM one. That Hulk is sick!!

1 week later
#390 9 years ago

Messing with the colors some more. I changed out the frosted whites for some frosted yellows but they werent strong enough so I took the caps off. Now when it's Iron Man's theme, it looks pretty bad ass. Shame the yellows look more orange than yellow. I may buy another round of strong yellows but I'm liking it.

Only thing is during Hulks multi ball, it's a mix of yellow/orange and his greens around him. Clearly still a work in progress:

image.jpgimage.jpg image-493.jpgimage-493.jpg
2 weeks later
#395 9 years ago

Got an LED backboard for my Avengers finally. Got it from www.arcadeupkeep.com it even dims when a game is started.

Before:

image.jpgimage.jpg

After:

image.jpgimage.jpg
#401 9 years ago

PM me your email and I'll send them to you.

#408 9 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I would not go to far I am also looking for a RCT for the family!
I also just found out my friend, who sold his ACDC a while ago, got one back. He said to come over and he will show me how to play it. I had no clue before. I will take him up on it and see how it goes.

Jealous!!

#412 9 years ago

Man I wish the ball would carry over to ATOHC

#415 9 years ago

Yea I mean at least make it a damn option in the menu......

#420 9 years ago

I can't wait!!!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-349.jpgimage-349.jpg
#422 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Me too Grinder. Can't wait for the movie. It will be great fun regardless, but if they nail Ultron as a villain, it will be epic.
Played a bunch of games on my AV LE tonight (hadn't played it much in the last while since I got TWD). Forgot how fun and challenging the game is. I have been to AOTH quite a few times, and while the rules on the mode are pretty bland (shoot every shot twice), at least there are great callouts, music and dots for the game. I have been 2 or 3 completed heros from Battle for Earth, but never really that close. So tonight I took the glass off to see what the mode was like (heard it was incomplete).
WIZARD MODE SPOILER ALERT!!!
The mode is in there. Its a multiball mode (different than AOTH single ball mode). I think it was 3 or 4 balls. When you get to 1 ball the mode ends. There is music that I thought sounded similar to AOTH, but a bit different. Fitting music. Rules seem to be "shoot all shots 5 times". I didn't complete it, so I am not sure about that, but shots light solid as you make them, including the arrows. There were voice unique callouts for the mode which were from the 3rd act of the movie (obviously not the real actors, but the sound alikes giving quotes from the 3rd act). Not every shot gave a callout, but every 4 or so seemed to. The big bummer was that there are no dots for the mode. It just says "battle for earth" and "shoot shots for jackpot". I knew there were no dots, so no surprise there. But here is how I felt - it was like the wizard mode is 80% done. Basic rules, but I can stomach that. Solid music. Some nice unique callouts (seemed like there could be a few used, but it was pretty good), but just no dots to make the mode seem finished. As everyone knows who saw the movie, the 3rd act was awesome with lots of great action. It seems so lame to not put some dots in represent that.
Stern - can you throw us a bone? You have hired lots of extra programmers. Can't you please offer one mode code update for the game? It would coincide so nicely with the release of Age of Ultron. All that the game needs are minor bugs ironed out like the Thor flasher (which allegedly have already been done but not released), tweak the scoring, add SOMETHING for spinner rules, and add some dots for the wizard mode. No huge rewrite. Just polish.
I know that you are not making more of these, and so there is no money for you to make on this. But why not do it for the good will. Why not do it for those of us who own the game and invested x thousand dollars in it?
Finishing this game off would send a nice message to those of us who have supported you in the past that you are committed to us, and committed to making a finished, polished product. I know that I would appreciate it and it would make me far more willing to purchase future products from you.
PLEASE???

Wow man! Well said. Please Stern, finish the games dots, fix the bugs and allow there to be an option for AOTHC to carry over. Thousands spent, everyone is thrilled with your ST code updates, the release of Avengers 2 would be a perfect time to finish this pin off right.

2 weeks later
#426 9 years ago

Stern asking about possible code or bug fixes for Avengers. Stay tuned....

1 month later
#455 8 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Picked up my Avengers LE Blue #123 yesterday and it's like new! really happy with it. Software version was 1.1 so I don't think this pin was really used. The Loki figure mod with tesseract in hand and the custom loki locks were already installed.
Ordered the beautifull tesseract mod from pinballrefinery (got the last one ). and will order the custom upgraded sling shot plastics set and thor mod with lighted LED hammer from pinballdecals.
What I do find strange is that there is really no good view on the THOR drop targets, is there a fix for that ? maybe smaller plastics above ?

Yea the Thor targets not being visable is annoying. I've seen an owner who took a dremel to the plastic above the targets and it turned out nice.

Gio from Pinball Refinery was supposedly working on some Avenger mods but nothing has turned up yet.

4 weeks later
#468 8 years ago

I had some friends over and they each took a turn on my Avengers LE. When they had Hulk multiball ready to go, I took over, cradled the ball and on the first shot for each of them nailed the BW ramp to start their multiball. Kind of proud of myself.

#471 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

From the right or left flipper?? I've been trying to hit the BW ramp from the right flipper but it doesn't seem like that is a good shot choice.

Oh def from the left flipper. A BW shot from the right is doable but way harder.

1 month later
#479 8 years ago

I'm trying to add some spotlights to my Avengers LE. Whenever I try to clip them to lights, the lights as well as surrounding lights go out till I remove the clips.

Which damn lights on here are GI? I can't tell which ones stay lit the whole game

#481 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The lights that are in the apron are spotlights that could probably be tapped.

Yea I thought the same thing and gave those a try with the same results. Applying both clips to a light results in the the whole line going out until the second clip is removed. It's like these spotlights are drawing too much power. The spotlights have yet to come on clipping them to several different spots. Any one have any idea?

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg

image_5.jpgimage_5.jpg

#483 8 years ago

Ok great advice. Maybe it has something to do with them making a double tower instead of a single?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#484 8 years ago

Nope. I've tried several variations of bulbs. Hell I even put in incandescent bulbs and still the same result. Wtf

#487 8 years ago

Shit I don't know. When I get home I'll try the hulk flasher as well as the backboard lights.

You think the spotlights being doubles and trying to piggy back off a reg GI with its own volts could be the issue?

Edit: just tried the backboard lights and just like all the other lights, I put one clip on, it's fine. I put the second clip on and the entire row of backboard lights goes off and the spotlights still don't turn on.

#488 8 years ago

Success!!! I had the spotlights actually touching each other on the towers. Nothing wrong with the game. Just me. I'm still a noob sometimes. The apron spotlights are gonna work and this should help brighten up the playfield.

Thanks yall for the helpful suggestions. Yall are good people

#490 8 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Anyone hear any updates on the rumors of a AV code update from a couple months ago?

Nothing except this:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#491 8 years ago

Hey fellow Avengers, check out the custom shooter rod from Brock, pinball_customs:

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

#493 8 years ago

Hey Avenger owners. Does anyone have a breakdown/count of the rubber rings in the LE? Like what size and how many of each? I'm placing an order with Titan Pinball and thought I would ask you guys first.

#495 8 years ago

What have owners done to protect the Hulk saucer from wear? I was going to put some hard as nails around it but wanted to see what yall have done. Anyone do any Mylar? I don't think there is a Cliffy for it because he doesn't have access to the game.

#497 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

My game is still showing zero wear on the saucer and I've got about 700 games on my pro. You could look at putting some mylar around it to be extra safe.

I hear ya. Just some preventative measures.

#499 8 years ago

Well after a few hundred games, I finally destroyed the Tesseract from PBR. Anyone else destroy there's? Glad I bought a spare.

Has anyone compared Hooked's cube mod to the Pinball Refineries cube in terms of durability and/or appearance?

image.jpgimage.jpg
image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#501 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Can you glue it back together with crazy glue or are there too many fragments missing? I don't think the glue would be noticeable considering the internal fracture appearance of the cube.
I believe Hooked said his will not break. I wonder if he would back that up with a guarantee.

First off dude, thanks for always being there to respond to me in this thread. Doesn't appear to be too many active Avenger owners on the thread. Feel like I'm talking to myself sometimes.

I actually blew off that small chunk a few games ago and crazy glued it back on but it came off again. I played a few more with it missing until the whole thing exploded off the bracket.

If Hooked's is tougher and available, I may grab one for when this newest cube eventually breaks.

I don't know if it's my game but my flippers are strong as hell. Slings too. During Hulk Multiball, those balls get to flying and good bye cube.

#507 8 years ago

Hmm the Mylar idea is interesting. I haven't tossed my broken one and will glue back the two pieces but there are of course smaller fragments gone.

I will be buying a cube from Hooked when they are available as well. Thanks guys.

2 weeks later
#512 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I'm out of the club, sold my game yesterday. I really loved it, first year I had it, played it every single day! I wanted more from the code, and it still may happen, but grew tired of waiting and decided to change my lineup and move on to something else. I sold my Avengers, xmen and Acdc premium within the past two weeks and replaced them with Scared Stiff, STTNG and Baywatch...and have lots of $$$$ left over, but no room for more. I feel like I did pretty well with no regrets. Avengers is a great game and will be missed!

Once an Avenger, always an Avenger.

#516 8 years ago

Im pretty sure he had a pro

3 weeks later
#518 8 years ago

Hey Avengers. A badass pinsider, Kawydud, made me a bunch of these vinyl decal flasher covers. So hard to get a good picture with my crappy iPhone but they look very cool in person:

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

image_3.jpegimage_3.jpeg

image_4.jpegimage_4.jpeg

image_5.jpegimage_5.jpeg

image_6.jpegimage_6.jpeg

#519 8 years ago

A few more:

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

image_3.jpegimage_3.jpeg

image_4.jpegimage_4.jpeg

#526 8 years ago

I say mid 5k give or take about right for a NIB Hulk

#528 8 years ago

Gonna watch as much as I can before work tonight!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#531 8 years ago

So Avenger owners, my Hulk got mad and smashed the long L shaped plastic behind/beside him. His left to right movements snapped the plastic above the rubber beside his left arm. This was the modified plastic from Stern. So I took the original and drilled two holes to put the long underside posts in the original plastic. I played a few games and really noticed Hulk giving that piece a lot of beating. I never noticed it before the plastic snapped.

Anyone have a remedy. To be honest, I've never tweaked my Hulk in any way. I'm not ever sure how to.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

#533 8 years ago

Hmmm. Damn. Yes it was his right to left movement followed by raising his arms that broke the plastic. I think I recall reading there were ways to raise Hulk up a little bit. Maybe by doing so, he would catch that plastic piece.

#535 8 years ago

I sure wish someone would make plastic protectors or alter that plastic ramp above the THOR targets. Gio from PBR got us excited and then I think he got distracted by other projects.

1 week later
#537 8 years ago

So I have a question. What would cause my Avengers to think the ball had drained while I was still playing it? I'm flipping the ball and then all of sudden Hulk thinks I've drained and the flippers are dead. It doesn't happen every time but I've noticed it too many times so I am asking other owners. Is there something loose? Something indicative of a bigger problem? Any ideas?

#539 8 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

Check the Molex connectors on the trough opto boards. They work loose and make intermittent connection.

Ok great. you mean these boards?

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

#540 8 years ago

I pulled the connectors on both sides/boards and reseated them. Will see if this fixes it. Thanks!

#542 8 years ago

Yikes. Let's hope this was all it needed. I'm sure I could clean the optos but cracked solder joints sound like PITAs. Thanks bud

#544 8 years ago

Great information and will do that from now on too. Thanks guys for your help

#546 8 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Thought I would chime in here on the cube. I have had zero failures and we sold out twice so roughly 100 + samples are out there. No failures that have ever contacted me or retailers. My original cube was solid acrylic made to my spec...now my new cube coming out in The next few months will be resin but a totally new look. I will be offering cube only for those that need one and can reuse PBR bracket or stock bracket. Side note le "see clearly" slings are back in stock but we are down to just over a dozen sets.

Sweet Robert! I bought one of your original cubes and I'll be buying one of your new cubes too.

The more mods the better I say.

#550 8 years ago

Also Hooked, plastic protectors and a window/clear plastic mod for the THOR area like you did the slings would def sell.

#555 8 years ago

Hey Avenger owners. I am trying to turn down the music and raise the volume on the voices/call outs. The volume options on standard are just for music and seem to go 1-15. The feature audio options allow music and speech to go from -60 to 60. I've tried different combinations but I'm not hearing any real difference.

Can anyone advise me on what Im doing wrong?

#557 8 years ago

Yea I'm leaning more toward another bug. I mean -60 to 60 is a huge range to not hear any difference.

#560 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I am in the market for an LE if anybody is selling

I'll rent you mine so you can colorize the ColorDMD I have in it.......

image.pngimage.png

1 month later
#573 8 years ago

Who is pumped up?

THIS guy!!!

Break out your wallets Avengers!!

image.pngimage.png

#575 8 years ago

What game did you recently pick up Brandon?

#577 8 years ago

Very cool. I've never gotten a chance to play it. Autobot? Decepticon? That split version?

#579 8 years ago

The combo is the best of the three in my opinion.

Come on down to Memphis and check out IMO the best looking Avengers pin. I just put in all translucent rubbers, moved one of the Hulk flashers to the left to not block the bumpers, and installed mezelmods target splint to the target between Hawkeye and Captain America shots.

1 week later
#581 8 years ago

I was replacing some rubbers in my Avengers LE and this message popped up like twice. Turning the game off and then back on allowed it to start just fine. Any idea why I'm seeing this all of a sudden?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#583 8 years ago

Hmm Not recently. I put some. My house is old and the wiring can be finicky. I've had to replace outlets because they have gone out, causing a whole row of outlets to go down too.

I had Avengers plugged into a power strip and then plugged into the wall. Now I'm just plugging directly into the wall. Someone else mentioned a possible failing power supply board. It happened twice Saturday but it hasn't happened again since.

#587 8 years ago

I'll take a few pictures for you this afternoon when I get home if no one else has done it by then man. No problem

#588 8 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Hey guys just wondering if any one can school me in on the difference between the pro an limited edition models please? I've played a pro an didn't really know what was going on but never seen the LE , cheers.

I own an LE but have only played a pro once. The Hawkeye cross ramp is absent on the pro and I believe the ramp doesn't lift on the pro either. LE has the GI bulbs that change with the different modes. Not sure if pro has that either. Other owners can chime in if I'm wrong.

#596 8 years ago

Weighted + over ride I think in the game settings

#600 8 years ago

Hope this helps bud. If not let me know:

#601 8 years ago

Also, just played a game and man this thing is so dialed in. It just sings!

5 months later
#611 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Looks like I will be joining the club soon with a Hulk LE! I am excited

Youve wanted one for quite a while. Good for you man.

9 months later
#667 7 years ago

You gotta spring for a Colordmd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grinder901.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/all-hulk-get-is-tilt-avengers-club?tu=grinder901 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.