IMG20230318114953 (resized).jpg
AAACDA8A-60E7-4DCA-B35A-BEC5CF892010 (resized).jpeg
20230121_210628_HDR (resized).jpg
20230121_214542 (resized).jpg
20230122_090028 (resized).jpg
20230101_174918_HDR (resized).jpg
20230120_172028_HDR (resized).jpg
20230122_083407_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 988 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 20.
#351 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Uh holy shit! How long were you playing?

Probably an hour seemed longer in " pinball time ".

#352 9 years ago
Quoted from kaboom:

The greatest Stern machine ever made IMO
LOVIN the Mods you guys are doing ...awesome
Sited pin at Pizza n Pinball Newcastle Australia
5 Balls , Standard settings

avengers.jpg 51 KB

Those are in Australian points, converted to US points it's like 11 mil.

Seriously, that's the biggest score I've ever seen by double. What kind of bonuses did you have?

#353 9 years ago

Managed to hold last 3 bonus' last one stacking upto 250 million

#354 9 years ago

I had the spinning platter arm shear off under the Tesseract while playing. Has anyone else had this happen and have any suggestions.
I am seeing if my distributor can order a replacement from Stern but am thinking of taking the broken one to a welder to see if they can fix it up.
The red circles on the pic are where the welded connections were prior to them separating.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#355 9 years ago

that sucks let us know how this all pans out

#356 9 years ago
Quoted from kaboom:

The greatest Stern machine ever made IMO
LOVIN the Mods you guys are doing ...awesome
Sited pin at Pizza n Pinball Newcastle Australia
5 Balls , Standard settings

Quoted from Lermods:

Those are in Australian points, converted to US points it's like 11 mil.

Hahahaha! No offense to our friends down under but that was funny!

Seriously, that is one awesome score, especially considering the machine being on standard settings...

#357 9 years ago
Quoted from SaneWilly:

I had the spinning platter arm shear off under the Tesseract while playing. Has anyone else had this happen and have any suggestions.
I am seeing if my distributor can order a replacement from Stern but am thinking of taking the broken one to a welder to see if they can fix it up.
The red circles on the pic are where the welded connections were prior to them separating.

Sorry for your luck but I have never heard of anything like that...

#358 9 years ago

Ya know, I wish they had some yellow LEDS in the game to go with the red for Iron Man's colors. Instead we get Red and Green. Blah.

#359 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Ya know, I wish they had some yellow LEDS in the game to go with the red for Iron Man's colors. Instead we get Red and Green. Blah.

Change the green GI to white and it will look a whole lot better. I did leave some green around Hulk.

#360 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Change the green GI to white and it will look a whole lot better. I did leave some green around Hulk.

Hmm, so green to white and not green to yellow? Shit I just placed an order with Comet. So warm or bright whites?

#361 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Hmm, so green to white and not green to yellow? Shit I just placed an order with Comet. So warm or bright whites?

Use Warm White...that's the best compromise. It will "feel like Iron Man" during IM mode...and red/white/blue during Captain America.

#362 9 years ago
Quoted from SaneWilly:

image.jpg 369 KB

This has been discussed before with different options. I got a new bracket from Stern and others have had them welded.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-another-quality-issue-game-over-2

#363 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Use Warm White...that's the best compromise. It will "feel like Iron Man" during IM mode...and red/white/blue during Captain America.

Quoted from DCFAN:

Sweet, I'm about to order a bunch of warm whites then. Thanks guys.

#364 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Sweet, I'm about to order a bunch of warm whites then. Thanks guys.

Use the frosted type so they are less harsh on the eyes.

#365 9 years ago

Wtf, haha I just got a ton of warm whites in both types but I opted for the clear dome. As I recall, the lights under inserts all had clear domes. Oh well. Should have them by Friday so we will see

#366 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Wtf, haha I just got a ton of warm whites in both types but I opted for the clear dome. As I recall, the lights under inserts all had clear domes. Oh well. Should have them by Friday so we will see

It should be ok for the lights under the plastics. The ones that you have a clear line of site you may find them a little harsh such as the two next to the shooter lane.
I always use frosted LEDs whenever I can see any part of the dome of the LED.

Here is a picture Rarehero posted way back when he did his green LEDs to white (no more Christmas tree effect):

139715-i.jpeg139715-i.jpeg

#367 9 years ago

EDIT: ^^^^^^ Oh hey, look at that!

Quoted from Grinder901:

Don't worry, I used clear domes too. There might be one or two that are harsh and pierce thru - if I remember correctly I think I replaced one with a frosted (near the back left corner) and I think I swapped the socket locations of a few others. Have any bulb condoms or a white paint pen? You can make your own "frosted" in a pinch!

#368 9 years ago

I love the new look with the warm whites added.

Do you have a picture of Iron Mans' theme with the red and the warm whites?

#369 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It should be ok for the lights under the plastics. The ones that you have a clear line of site you may find them a little harsh such as the two next to the shooter lane.
I always use frosted LEDs whenever I can see any part of the dome of the LED.
Here is a picture Rarehero posted way back when he did his green LEDs to white (no more Christmas tree effect):

139715-i.jpeg 59 KB

That looks soooo much better.

#370 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I love the new look with the warm whites added.
Do you have a picture of Iron Mans' theme with the red and the warm whites?

I may be able to take a picture later today. I believe my LEDs are bright white rather than warm white.

#371 9 years ago

I went ahead and ordered some more warm whites with frost caps. What the hell. Why not

#372 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

That looks soooo much better.

I also moved Hulks spotlight over to the left behind the big ship plastic - and used a cool white bulb. This really makes Hulk crisp and detailed - a green spotlight is a disservice to him. I put a green flasher led in his flasher tho - that's a nice effect for multiball and has more impact if he's not greened out already.

#373 9 years ago

I'm taking notes Rare, I never liked the spot light in its present location, it blocks the left pop too much. Was it a pain in the ass to move it?

I also saw an old ass thread where there was a mod to put a green led (flasher) under the Hulk Saucer to pulse when Hulk was ready. No idea how to hook that up though.

#374 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I also moved Hulks spotlight over to the left behind the big ship plastic - and used a cool white bulb. This really makes Hulk crisp and detailed - a green spotlight is a disservice to him. I put a green flasher led in his flasher tho - that's a nice effect for multiball and has more impact if he's not greened out already.

We kind of think alike here. Instead of moving the spotlight, I added one to the same spot you moved yours to. I also swapped the position of the spot and flasher on the right side. I'll have to try putting a white light in there as I went with greens.

#375 9 years ago

I replaced the green GI with purple and love the look. Clear rubbers are awesome too on Avengers

#376 9 years ago

Do you have any pictures of the purple Gio?

I put in a bunch of warm whites but ran out of frosted. The clear ones from Comet had light that was too focused and it created a white circle underneath the plastics. I should have bought all frosted. Looks like I need to make another order.

Still curious about adding yellows to the whites to see how that looks.

#377 9 years ago

I'll take Playfield pics today. Here's a few things I got finished yesterday...

image.jpgimage.jpg image-671.jpgimage-671.jpg image-769.jpgimage-769.jpg image-59.jpgimage-59.jpg image-462.jpgimage-462.jpg
#378 9 years ago

I am debating not only powder coating my BW ramp in red as well as my coin door, shooter rod housing and slide rails in the same blue as the legs and armor. Anyone know the name of the color?

#379 9 years ago

Well boys I'm in the club. I traded off my Family Guy for Hulk #14. I'm not sure if I made the right right decision yet or not.

First thing, how and where are you guys moving that stupid Loki lock plastic? I'm three games in and ready to tear that sonofabitch out of there.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#380 9 years ago

Back left, like on the pro.

#381 9 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Well boys I'm in the club. I traded off my Family Guy for Hulk #14. I'm not sure if I made the right right decision yet or not.
First thing, how and where are you guys moving that stupid Loki lock plastic? I'm three games in and ready to tear that sonofabitch out of there.

image.jpg 179 KB

First off, congrats! I got the Hooked mod for the LOKI Lock. I didn't like it on the left side as I felt keeping it on the right balanced the Playfield but now I have added another mod to the right so whatever. The Loki Lock mod is cleaner and allowed more playfield to be visible. I'm not sure he is still making the mod though so in its absence I say yeah move it somewhere more to your liking.

image-355.jpgimage-355.jpg image-20.jpgimage-20.jpg
#382 9 years ago

Congrats on the purchase. I love this machine I may be a bit biased because I love everything Marvel. I just finished a custom Hulk topper for a client. Here's a pic and one of my original Avenger's topper. Hope you enjoy your new pin...

hulk pic final-4.jpghulk pic final-4.jpg hulk pic final-2.jpghulk pic final-2.jpg avengers-2-792.jpgavengers-2-792.jpg
#383 9 years ago

I have your Avengers Blue topper and can't wait for your IM one. That Hulk is sick!!

#384 9 years ago

The quick fix for the Loki lock plastic is to move it forward to the screw near the lock pin. No wiring change needed.

#385 9 years ago
Quoted from SaneWilly:

Just closing the gap here. I got my distributor to order a replacement part and am back in business. I will probably still see if I can get the broken one welded as a backup.

#386 9 years ago

I took a strut from an erector set and moved Loki to the back left like on the pro. I also mounted a Nick Fury figure with an LED on his gun where Loki used to be. It really opens up that Nick Fury shot and looks great.
image-866.jpgimage-866.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#387 9 years ago
Quoted from SaneWilly:

I took a strut from an erector set and moved Loki to the back left like on the pro. I also mounted a Nick Fury figure with an LED on his gun where Loki used to be. It really opens up that Nick Fury shot and looks great.

image.jpg 190 KB

image-866.jpg 200 KB

How did you get the wire all the way to the back? I rigged Loki up in the back, but the wires are all convoluted that I'm going to have to unwire then rewire a bunch of stuff.

#388 9 years ago

How did you get the wire all the way to the back? I rigged Loki up in the back, but the wires are all convoluted that I'm going to have to unwire then rewire a bunch of stuff.

It's not pretty but I ran extension wires between the two molex connectors. At some point I'll get spare connectors and make it prettier.
At front:
image.jpgimage.jpg

At back:
image-954.jpgimage-954.jpg

#389 9 years ago

Rediscovering Avengers. I've been neglecting it since METLE came into the house. Opened the lanes wide open, made the slings sensitive and a smaller rubber on the in lane post. Dang this game kicks my butt again now. Forcing me to make the shots again. Super fun game!

1 week later
#390 9 years ago

Messing with the colors some more. I changed out the frosted whites for some frosted yellows but they werent strong enough so I took the caps off. Now when it's Iron Man's theme, it looks pretty bad ass. Shame the yellows look more orange than yellow. I may buy another round of strong yellows but I'm liking it.

Only thing is during Hulks multi ball, it's a mix of yellow/orange and his greens around him. Clearly still a work in progress:

image.jpgimage.jpg image-493.jpgimage-493.jpg
#391 9 years ago

Number 5 packed up and heading to the Geert Koop over in the Netherlands.

I babysat this game for about 3 weeks and it was a nice change of pace from my collection.

Take care number 5....

2015-02-17 15.52.30.jpg2015-02-17 15.52.30.jpg
#392 9 years ago

Well, I took Rarehero's advice and changed the green G.I. to warm white, very nice change. I also changed out all the other bulbs too. I used these http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2smdfd.htm I'm no led expert, but I think these are by far the best leds for G.I. currently on the market. They spread the light out in all directions where as the Cointakers that came from the factory just shoots the light straight up. It's hard to tell from the pic, but they look great in the game.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#393 9 years ago

Does anyone use a Cliffy shooter lane protector on the LE? I was looking at it and the LE doesn't have the normal setup of a piece of wood to kind of clamp down on top of the Cliffy. I don't want to order one if it's not going to work.

Also, what are some solutions to roll outs from the Hulk saucer on a Black Widow ramp shot? I'm starting to get frustrated with it. Thanks.

#394 9 years ago

Does anyone use a Cliffy shooter lane protector on the LE? I was looking at it and the LE doesn't have the normal setup of a piece of wood to kind of clamp down on top of the Cliffy. I don't want to order one if it's not going to work.
Also, what are some solutions to roll outs from the Hulk saucer on a Black Widow ramp shot? I'm starting to get frustrated with it. Thanks.

I installed mylar there. Does just as good to protect in my opinion.

For the hulk bounce outs. Did you get/install the fix from stern on that? There should be an extra plastic piece that mounts to the bottom of the plastic (flush mount). Since installing that I've had no problems since. The kit also comes with a piece to install at the loki lock to cover the screws.

Pic showing the plastic I'm talking about:
2.jpg2.jpg

#395 9 years ago

Got an LED backboard for my Avengers finally. Got it from www.arcadeupkeep.com it even dims when a game is started.

Before:

image.jpgimage.jpg

After:

image.jpgimage.jpg
#396 9 years ago

The best thing about an LED backbox kit from Arcadeupkeep is its ability to TURN OFF the backlight when in a game! Its like having PDI/Invisiglass on the machine!

#397 9 years ago

Installed an ironman mod, tied to his arrow insert.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg
#398 9 years ago

Just joined the Hulk club. Couple of mods were already installed including the Captain America pop bumper caps and the tesseract. And I just added the clear Loki plastics, green superbands, and led speaker kit.

So far I'm really enjoying the game play (after some tweaking of course), seems highly underrated to me. Tweaks have been, raising Hulks arms, limiting his side to side movement (which broke the plastic beside him), and shielding the green display from the florescent tube which really washed it out.

IMG_3288.JPGIMG_3288.JPG

IMG_3285.JPGIMG_3285.JPG

#399 9 years ago

Can someone point me in the direction of where I can find the score cards above?

#400 9 years ago

Search apron cards and you'll find them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

There are 988 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/all-hulk-get-is-tilt-avengers-club/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.