IMG20230318114953 (resized).jpg
AAACDA8A-60E7-4DCA-B35A-BEC5CF892010 (resized).jpeg
20230121_210628_HDR (resized).jpg
20230121_214542 (resized).jpg
20230122_090028 (resized).jpg
20230101_174918_HDR (resized).jpg
20230120_172028_HDR (resized).jpg
20230122_083407_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 988 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 20.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Helicarrier is one of my favorite modes ever. I love how it utilizes all of the shots while making perfect narrative sense. Talk about awesome theme integration. I still can't believe how underrated this game is.

Not just that mode, but the versus modes integrate the theme well too. Tie into the movie incredibly well.

And yeah, I don't get why this game is so underrated. Not saying it's top 10 (although it's sure sneaking up my list!), but is there a sane person out there that can really say that DE Batman, SF2, Sharkey's Shootout, SWT, and Big Hurt (just to name a few) are better than my Pro???!! Seriously, come on now.

#102 9 years ago

By the way, I missed diner, so ate cold on my own but when I told my sons I made it to BFE they told me : no way and went downstairs to see my Grand Champion score.

Priceless

#103 9 years ago

BFE!! One day I can only hope to get there.

#104 9 years ago

I too had an awesome game tonight. Collected all Avengers on the first 2 balls (I have mine set on EASY!) and got to Helicarrier and promptly drained! I completed Thor and BW on the remaining balls but never got back to Helicarrier.

That got me thinking, what do you need to do to get back to Helicarrier or is it a one-time mode?

This game is a blast when set on easy even if you are a marginal player!

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

That got me thinking, what do you need to do to get back to Helicarrier or is it a one-time mode?
!

One time half way there wizard mode. The good new is you are halfway there, bad news is now you need to complete each versus mode to complete each member of the Avengers.

When you collect a member he blinks white. When you complete a member he is lit in white but no longer blinking.

Even if you complete 3 Avengers before reaching Helicarrier you cannot access it until you collect all 6 members.

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I get it. I'm ready for a new game and may part with mine as well, but I can still have as much or more fun playing it than any other game in my collection. But unless some updated code gives it a new angle, I'll be moving on soon enough.

My Avengers LE is now at its new home - Pinball Land in Santa Ana, CA. I brought it during the Mustang launch party. It was fun to set up the game mid-party and watch people instantly excited to play it and enjoy it! I think it's a hit! Multiple people commented on how great it looked (esp the Tesseract mod) and how well it played. I think anyone who's based an opinion based on negative word of mouth or played a bad one out of the box will play this one and go "hey, this is pretty cool!"

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

One time half way there wizard mode. The good new is you are halfway there, bad news is now you need to complete each versus mode to complete each member of the Avengers.
When you collect a member he blinks white. When you complete a member he is lit in white but no longer blinking.
Even if you complete 3 Avengers before reaching Helicarrier you cannot access it until you collect all 6 members.

Not sure I'm following, are you saying that Helicarrier happens only once when you shoot Hawkeye after collecting all Avengers and you cannot return to it until you complete all the Avengers?

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My Avengers LE is now at its new home - Pinball Land in Santa Ana, CA. I brought it during the Mustang launch party. It was fun to set up the game mid-party and watch people instantly excited to play it and enjoy it! I think it's a hit! Multiple people commented on how great it looked (esp the Tesseract mod) and how well it played. I think anyone who's based an opinion based on negative word of mouth or played a bad one out of the box will play this one and go "hey, this is pretty cool!"

I agree!

It's that damn Black Widow ramp too though! Until you tweak that - and I think it's mostly about moving/adjusting the 2 clear plastics that cover the ramp- you can't truly enjoy the game. I removed the one over the bridge and modified the other so it's only in play enough to right a screaming airball. Otherwise they can block shots, and that's unacceptable to me. I can now collect BW regularly, and that's so much more pleasurable than shot after shot being denied.

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Not sure I'm following, are you saying that Helicarrier happens only once when you shoot Hawkeye after collecting all Avengers and you cannot return to it until you complete all the Avengers?

You can never return to aothc. You either beat it or drain...but then it's done. After completing all the Avengers (lit solid) you shoot the Hawkeye orbit to start Battle For Earth.

#110 9 years ago

I agree!
It's that damn Black Widow ramp too though! Until you tweak that - and I think it's mostly about moving/adjusting the 2 clear plastics that cover the ramp- you can't truly enjoy the game. I removed the one over the bridge and modified the other so it's only in play enough to right a screaming airball. Otherwise they can block shots, and that's unacceptable to me. I can now collect BW regularly, and that's so much more pleasurable than shot after shot being denied.

Plexus made an insane difference on my BW ramp. What was once the most frustrating shot on any of my machines is now the most rewarding!!

#111 9 years ago

You can never return to aothc. You either beat it or drain...but then it's done. After completing all the Avengers (lit solid) you shoot the Hawkeye orbit to start Battle For Earth.

Thanks! Completed 3 Avengers tonight but didn't do much better on AOTHC...

#112 9 years ago

What are you guys doing to protect your game other than keeping it clean?

What protectors (cliffy, etc) are you using? Is there a viable thing to protect the Hulk saucer? How about the ball landing zone above the pops at the end of the ball launch?

#113 9 years ago

I made protectors for the plastic behind the Hulk and the one behind the tesseract.
I usually short plunge then shoot for CA.

SKHIL SHAWT!

#114 9 years ago

Avengers pinball rocks , this is my favorite pinball in my collection . Will post some pictures of mine tomorrow ...

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Avengers pinball rocks , this is my favorite pinball in my collection . Will post some pictures of mine tomorrow ...

Huge statement coming from someone who owns 18 pins including SM, MET, LOTR, SIMPSONS and X-Men

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Huge statement coming from someone who owns 18 pins including SM, MET, LOTR, Simpsons and X-Men

It is my favorite also and gets the most play in my lineup.

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

It is my favorite also and gets the most play in my lineup.

And you almost sold! I'm glad you didn't! This is a special club. I don't have the patience to hold on to mine long enough, but there'll be a day when people wake up and these are as valuable as ACDC LEs.

#118 9 years ago

And you almost sold! I'm glad you didn't! This is a special club. I don't have the patience to hold on to mine long enough, but there'll be a day when people wake up and these are as valuable as ACDC LEs.

Or ironman .....

#119 9 years ago

Guys I am out of the loop. Where to get the Best and most reliable Tesseract mod? I need this for my Hulk. It is a no brainer imo.
thanks.

#120 9 years ago

http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/~/product/category=4502268&id=19335862

This one comes with a LED flasher that refracts through the acrylic cube that adds an awesome effect!

#121 9 years ago

Thanks I emailed them.

#122 9 years ago

Nuts, I just noticed they are not in stock and the notes look old. Hopefully they still make them...

#123 9 years ago

Which plastics need protectors?

I have broken the BW ramp shield and the plastic behind Hulk. Which others have you broken or think there should be a protector made. Since Stern is only selling these in complete sets (from my understanding), I think its in our best interest to protect the stock plastics.

Once I have a comprehensive list, I will scan them and have a fellow Pinsider create a protector set for us.

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Which plastics need protectors?
I have broken the BW ramp shield and the plastic behind Hulk. Which others have you broken or think there should be a protector made. Since Stern is only selling these in complete sets (from my understanding), I think its in our best interest to protect the stock plastics.
Once I have a comprehensive list, I will scan them and have a fellow Pinsider create a protector set for us.

The inlane/outlane dividers (I have seen these broken), slingshots, the small curved plastic behind the Tesseract, The Hulk plastic (behind Hulk); the plastic to the left of the pop bumper lanes. Also the clear plastic on the left ramp where the ball drops through to the left inlane (I have seen that one broken on a few machines from air balls).

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

http://pinballrefinery.com/store#!/~/product/category=4502268&id=19335862
This one comes with a LED flasher that refracts through the acrylic cube that adds an awesome effect!

If you hear back from them, please let me know, Mine is breaking apart and I would love to replace it!! I can not imagine having the stock cube in there after having this one!

Thanks, Dave

#126 9 years ago

What about the one on pinball decals .com? Anyone? Worth it? well built?

#127 9 years ago

My favorite pin EVER !!!!!

image-684.jpgimage-684.jpg image-156.jpgimage-156.jpg image-538.jpgimage-538.jpg image-431.jpgimage-431.jpg
#128 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The inlane/outlane dividers (I have seen these broken), slingshots, the small curved plastic behind the Tesseract, The Hulk plastic (behind Hulk); the plastic to the left of the pop bumper lanes. Also the clear plastic on the left ramp where the ball drops through to the left inlane (I have seen that one broken on a few machines from air balls).

OK, so we have

Pink page 9 - Part 01 - Left inlane/oulane divider
Pink page 9 - Part 03 - Right inlane/oulane divider
Pink page 9 - Part 09 - Part behind Tessaract
Pink page 9 - Part 36 - Behind Hulk
Pink page 9 - Part 37 - Next to Hulk by pops
Slings both sides
Black Widow ramp shields

The last part you mention, are you referring to the clear piece with the "tounge" that extends over the left drop hole between the in/outlanes?

Any others?

Also, for the clear parts, should he make protectors (slightly larger than the stock parts) or simply parts that can replace the broken plastic?

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

OK, so we have
Pink page 9 - Part 09 - Part behind Tessaract
Slings both sides
Black Widow ramp shields
The last part you mention, are you referring to the clear piece with the "tounge" that extends over the left drop hole between the in/outlanes?
Any others?

Regarding the last part, yes it is the clear tongue that keeps the ball from jumping off the ramp. Some people have had air balls land on top and snap that plastic. I will see if I can find a picture. The other parts are the correct ones that I was referring.

#130 9 years ago

If its the tounge, no need for a picture, I know the part you are referring to. I just couldn't find it in the manual!

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

If its the tounge, no need for a picture, I know the part you are referring to. I just couldn't find it in the manual!

Yes, mine has a number -80 on it.

Also, I have broken my -07 plastic in the back. I have a spare from Stern but am not putting it on until I get or make a protector. When the ball goes around the Hawkeye upper left corner, sometimes that plastic gets clipped and breaks where the wire feeds through it near the diverter.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Yes, mine has a number -80 on it.
Also, I have broken my -07 plastic in the back. I have a spare from Stern but am not putting it on until I get or make a protector. When the ball goes around the Hawkeye upper left corner, sometimes that plastic gets clipped and breaks where the wire feeds through it near the diverter.

Updated

Pink page 9 - Part 07 - Between CA and Hawkeye ramps
Pink page 9 - Part 09 - Behind Tessaract
Slings both sides
Black Widow ramp shields
-80 clear plastic ball shield between left in/out lane

I was thinking something above the Thor drops but can't see a good way to attach it. You can't put it under the plastic or the stock plastic will get warped and you can't put it above or the end of the Hawkeye ramp will be too high...

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Nuts, I just noticed they are not in stock and the notes look old. Hopefully they still make them...

'Hooked' makes a version as well. I left mine original . I shimmed my Black Widow ramp before I played one ball. I guess I got lazy and did not want to redo it.

Quoted from Schwaggs:

That would be great.

1 month later
#134 9 years ago

Question...what the heck am I supposed to be shooting for during Loki multi ball?

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Question...what the heck am I supposed to be shooting for during Loki multi ball?

All of the flashing inserts.

#136 9 years ago

Hit a flashing insert, than it again. Need to hit every major shot twice. But you need to hit a specific shot twice in a row before qualifying the remaining shots. Complete it and it lights EB. I've done it ONCE. One of the harder "no carryover" MBs in my opinion.

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

You mean you are supposed to make specific shots when in multiball ????? I have a hard enough time keeping the balls in play.

1 week later
#138 9 years ago

Officially joined the club today! Picked up a MINT HUO Avengers Pro with full Cointaker LEDs, Avengers speaker LEDs and shaker motor. Except for the mods, this game looks like it was opened out of the box today.

Rob
Robsgameroom.com

photo 3-3.JPGphoto 3-3.JPG photo 2-3.JPGphoto 2-3.JPG
#139 9 years ago

Welcome to the team!

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Shoot a lit shot...then shoot it again...until you've done each Avengers shot twice in a row. One of the hardest MBs I've ever played.

#141 9 years ago

Shoot a lit shot...then shoot it again...until you've done each Avengers shot twice in a row. One of the hardest MBs I've ever played.

Is this true? I haven't really started to flush out the rules in my mind. So are you saying if I hit Hawkeye, I have to hit him again before I hit another Hero, or is it ANY other shot? Then I have to do that again with every other hero to complete it?? That is Awesome!! Great tough rule set!

Thanks for that!!

Dave

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Officially joined the club today! Picked up a MINT HUO Avengers Pro with full Cointaker LEDs, Avengers speaker LEDs and shaker motor. Except for the mods, this game looks like it was opened out of the box today.
Rob
Robsgameroom.com

Do yourself a favor and get a cube mod! Looks so much better all clear and fractally with blue light shining through it when it spins!

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Do yourself a favor and get a cube mod! Looks so much better all clear and fractally with blue light shining through it when it spins!

Yep! I sent PR a message yesterday asking when they would be back in stock. I think that is one of the better mods out there.

Rob
Robsgameroom.com

#144 9 years ago

Yep, I can't imagine the game without the cube and extra flasher! Also consider swapping out the clear flasher bulbs under the Tessaract circle with blue LED flex head flashers. That looks great in combination with each other!

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Is this true? I haven't really started to flush out the rules in my mind. So are you saying if I hit Hawkeye, I have to hit him again before I hit another Hero, or is it ANY other shot? Then I have to do that again with every other hero to complete it?? That is Awesome!! Great tough rule set!
Thanks for that!!
Dave

It's as I said. Look for the rapidly blinking arrow...if they're all lit, pick a shot...but once you hit one, you have to hit that shot again...then, all the remaining arrows will blink again, etc. the hulk and Thor target banks count too...so if a main shot isn't blinking, hulk or Thor is.

Now, if the other inserts of a particular shot are blinking, that means that shots to that Avenger will count toward your collecting them...or count for a Tesseract jackpot if your in Cosmic mode.

The rules for Loki MB are quite good. Much harder than mini wiz...plus its a Multiball!

I agree with Rare Hero - and others - that after awhile the versus modes can seem like one long MB and get a little exhausting...but honestly, it took me a very long time - at least 6 months - to ever feel that way, and you have t have a series of long, successful games for that to happen. And guess what? PLAaY BETTER if they're taking too long. Cradle your multiballs and make your shots. It's HARD. Avengers is a very hard and challenging game, and at the end of the day that's why it'll never be really popular. There are WAY more casual - and lazy - pinheads than there are serious or focused players. People that care more about mods or having a top ten game than truly understanding how to succeed at a game...or getting good enough to succeed. These people will be very frustrated with Avengers. To me, their opinions on the quality of the game are worthless. Just my opinion!

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Yep, I can't imagine the game without the cube and extra flasher! Also consider swapping out the clear flasher bulbs under the Tessaract circle with blue LED flex head flashers. That looks great in combination with each other!

I put a red flasher behind the cube and it looked rad. I've tried blue, purple, white and red..it's fun to switch 'em up.

#147 9 years ago

Was finally able to take some pics of my new game.

IMG_8413-243.JPGIMG_8413-243.JPG
IMG_8401-538.JPGIMG_8401-538.JPG
IMG_8403-465.JPGIMG_8403-465.JPG
IMG_8405-422.JPGIMG_8405-422.JPG
IMG_8407-927.JPGIMG_8407-927.JPG

I also have a question about the Avengers inserts. When lit with these super bright LEDs, the graphics are washed out.

IMG_8416.JPGIMG_8416.JPG

I tried regular bulbs, but they do not look right with the rest of the playfield that is lit with all LEDs. Any ideas on how to make them look better?

Thanks,

Rob
Robsgameroom.com

#148 9 years ago

Use less bright LEDs.

#149 9 years ago

Use less bright LEDs.

Obviously, but I was looking for some actual LED (brands/styles) that people are using to correct the issue. I tried the concave lenses and they only shined a circle in the insert and did not light them very well at all. I tried a frosted bulb from Pinball Life, but they were to tall and would not clip in.

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Obviously, but I was looking for some actual LED (brands/styles) that people are using to correct the issue. I tried the concave lenses and they only shined a circle in the insert and did not light them very well at all. I tried a frosted bulb from Pinball Life, but they were to tall and would not clip in.

Standoffs and longer screws.

Hulk inserts.jpgHulk inserts.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 988 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/all-hulk-get-is-tilt-avengers-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.