IMG20230318114953 (resized).jpg
AAACDA8A-60E7-4DCA-B35A-BEC5CF892010 (resized).jpeg
20230121_210628_HDR (resized).jpg
20230121_214542 (resized).jpg
20230122_090028 (resized).jpg
20230101_174918_HDR (resized).jpg
20230120_172028_HDR (resized).jpg
20230122_083407_HDR (resized).jpg

There are 988 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 20.
#751 5 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Pro or le?
Some things are different so mods make changes.
I really like the upgraded tesseract.

LE for sure. Hawkeye’s arrow is very cool. I am partial to the blue one, because it doesn’t stand out so much.

#752 5 years ago

I am loving this pin. I moved the outlanes down to make the game a little bit easier, but having the ball occasionally getting stuck in the gap now on the right side between the posts.

Anyone else had this problem? Any easy fix for it? I think it’s caused more by the plastic above the posts.

#753 5 years ago

Does anyone know if the multipliers that you get on certain avenger shots after you finish their mode carry over from ball to ball?

#754 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I am loving this pin. I moved the outlanes down to make the game a little bit easier, but having the ball occasionally getting stuck in the gap now on the right side between the posts.
Anyone else had this problem? Any easy fix for it? I think it’s caused more by the plastic above the posts.

Stern offered a free upgrade kit that addressed this issue. It's an extra post and rubber. Some other little things were also in the kit. Not sure if they still offer it.

#755 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Stern offered a free upgrade kit that addressed this issue. It's an extra post and rubber. Some other little things were also in the kit. Not sure if they still offer it.

Ok, cool; I'll check it out.

#756 5 years ago

My buddy was over today, IFBB pro body builder Josh Wade. Hulk Smash Stern’s Avengers.

57E06B36-9527-4647-88C2-738CD7835365 (resized).jpeg57E06B36-9527-4647-88C2-738CD7835365 (resized).jpeg
#757 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

As previously mentioned, Stern offers a kit to fix this. They will mail it to you for free if you call and give them the serial number of your game.

1 week later
#758 5 years ago

Happy to post that I am joining the Avengers Team and will be fighting for justice and freedom hopefully Thursday night! I found one of the last (I assume) NIB Hulk LE's. Driving 10 hours roundtrip this week with a buddy of mine to pick it up. Can't wait. I played this pin for the first time ever last week, and I loved it immediately. The unusual layout, tight shots, awesome paths the ball takes, unique geometry. I know there are endless threads about tweaks, fixes and mods, and I'm up for it. I enjoy working on my pins and doing a few tasteful mods almost as much as playing. I had to work hard to get my GB to work the way it does now, and we love that game. Airballs were a nightmare, just to name one huge issue. I hear there are some tweaks needed here too, which is fine. I've ordered the Hooked tesseract mod, and the clear plastics to allow LOKI to be read. I hear there is a Stern kit with some fixes if you contact them with your serial number? I didn't buy the $190 Loki mod, and I'm waiting to see how essential it is. I do intend to add a color DMD, soon. Any other mods people really like, I'm interested in hearing about or seeing. I know there is another thread for that. PM me if you have pics.

Any essential adjustments that really improved gameplay that people would like to share with me to help me maximize my experience right out of the box? I'm planning on spending a few hours on this before I start playing it much. I really want to avoid being bummed by anything clumsy or frustrating.

In any event, looking forward to posting on the "what machine did I bring home today" thread on Thursday or Friday, and I'll update on here too with pics of my NIB Hulk. Can't wait to cut that box open and free that Hulk, who must be ready to smash some $#*@ after being boxed up for nearly 7 years!

I will need to do a massive code update too, since I'm sure code has come a long way since boxing up this guy.

#759 5 years ago

He made it home! Hulk has been freed at last!!!

Happy to join the A Club.

7FA4EEA2-49FE-4CC4-BCF1-618C514D856B (resized).jpeg7FA4EEA2-49FE-4CC4-BCF1-618C514D856B (resized).jpeg76296A48-8863-4118-80F2-1A57EA248572 (resized).png76296A48-8863-4118-80F2-1A57EA248572 (resized).pngDDCE67FC-B7E1-44A0-811A-E62A4CFEEFC3 (resized).jpegDDCE67FC-B7E1-44A0-811A-E62A4CFEEFC3 (resized).jpeg
#760 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

NIB. Congrats. Enjoy trying to dial it in. Make sure to update the code.

#761 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

nice, where did you find a NIB game? it will need some tweaking and stern has a factory tweaking kit you should get from them.

#762 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Any essential adjustments that really improved gameplay that people would like to share with me to help me maximize my experience right out of the box?

I recommend installing a tournament button to move Hulk's arms. There is a post or thread on here that explains how to install. I've owned Hulk twice, and my 2nd game came with the mod. Eliminates any aggravation with the ball getting stuck behind Hulk. All the other typical issues can be readily fixed or minimized.

Only game so far that I've missed enough to buy back.

#763 5 years ago

Thanks, everyone. I bought it from a Pinside member in Rockford, IL who has purchased many pins over the years. This is the 2nd pin I’ve bought from him.

I did update the code, and I’m replacing the Tesseract. I will adjust Hulk too. My BW ramp works fine and direct shots make the turn no problem. It’s a tight shot, but definitely fair. I will contact Stern for the repair kit too.

Thanks again! So far, we really love the game. A couple friends want to trade for it down the road, which is a nice option. It may be a keeper tho!

#764 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I bought it from a Pinside member in Rockford, IL

Probably roc-noc. Very good dude. Congrats!

#765 5 years ago

If anyone has successfully enhanced the sound file (i.e. like Cleland did on TWD) please pm me. I'm a huge Avengers fan but really prefer the movie quotes from real actors.

And before you mention "do it yourself", I'm neither skilled enough nor the time to dedicate to this. I will most happily donate or buy a gift card to Pinball Life if it works like Cleland TWD enhancements. Thanks in advance.

#766 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

I just bought a Hulk LE, and today I called and spoke with Chaz in tech support at Stern. I asked about the free upgrade kit and Chaz said they still have them to send out. He said he was sending the kit right away. I gave him my address and serial # for my Hulk. Now to figure out where everything goes.

#767 5 years ago

I put a small o ring in the hulk arm mech to stop ball hangups and it works a treat. Cost$1 and no more ball searches.
This is such a great game Pinkitten and if you like mods go and look HOOKED great stuff there.

#768 5 years ago

I finally added new clear Titan rubbers to the HULK yesterday along with a complete clean and wax. HUGE improvement in gameplay, and revived my love for this game. It’s staying put.

#769 5 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I put a small o ring in the hulk arm mech to stop ball hangups and it works a treat. Cost$1 and no more ball searches.
This is such a great game pinkitten and if you like mods go and look hooked great stuff there.

Can you post a picture of where you put this? I'm thinking along the line of a bracelet but can't see how that would fix the issue.

#770 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I just bought a Hulk LE, and today I called and spoke with Chaz in tech support at Stern. I asked about the free upgrade kit and Chaz said they still have them to send out. He said he was sending the kit right away. I gave him my address and serial # for my Hulk. Now to figure out where everything goes.

You sold it already? Didn't enjoy?

#772 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

You sold it already? Didn't enjoy?

I actually really like this game a lot. My wife and I love GG designs. We have LOTR and BDK too. I had a few people reach out when I posted picks from the night I opened it, and I was surprised how much interest people showed. (Simply because of the unfair criticism it seems to get). When dialed in, it plays beautifully. Some shots are very unique. I personally love the BW ramp, and the left orbit/LOKI ramp shot is stellar. Reminds me of the right orbit/ramp shot on Dialed In.

Anyway, so I just took a flyer to see what the market would bear, because my wife’s Bday is next week. I promised no more buying/adding pins unless I sell or trade. She really wants a MB, another GG masterpiece. I found a deal to bring home a new MBr for our gorgeous Hulk! (She doesn’t know yet).

So, truly nothing but love for the Hulk and this awesome machine. I really searched to find a new one, and had a blast doing mods and playing it for the time I had it. Would absolutely add this one to the mix again someday!

#773 5 years ago

Relocated the Loki locks. I find it less obtrusive. Someone could make a little sign under it and it would look great.

IMG_20190316_003526355 (resized).jpgIMG_20190316_003526355 (resized).jpg
#774 5 years ago

Finally join the club...can you believe I have made a hand on #011 !!

IMGP0845 (resized).JPGIMGP0845 (resized).JPGIMGP0846 (resized).JPGIMGP0846 (resized).JPGIMGP0850 (resized).JPGIMGP0850 (resized).JPGIMGP0861 (resized).JPGIMGP0861 (resized).JPGIMGP0863 (resized).JPGIMGP0863 (resized).JPG
#775 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Can you post a picture of where you put this? I'm thinking along the line of a bracelet but can't see how that would fix the issue.

Will do just give a few days as I’m away from home.

#776 5 years ago
Quoted from holmstarrunner:

Relocated the Loki locks. I find it less obtrusive. Someone could make a little sign under it and it would look great.
[quoted image]

They do. And some other great mods. I have them all I think. See Robert HOOKED

73EE50B2-379D-4CAA-A7A4-C26AA1A74EA5 (resized).jpeg73EE50B2-379D-4CAA-A7A4-C26AA1A74EA5 (resized).jpeg0AA55828-EEF4-4022-A532-2C456775D5C6 (resized).jpeg0AA55828-EEF4-4022-A532-2C456775D5C6 (resized).jpeg74624B37-817E-4EEC-AE3C-FCB00B02CF2D (resized).jpeg74624B37-817E-4EEC-AE3C-FCB00B02CF2D (resized).jpeg88B3D438-43D9-4802-BE74-3BF74299E492 (resized).jpeg88B3D438-43D9-4802-BE74-3BF74299E492 (resized).jpeg
#777 5 years ago

Pinkitten

The mech in picture. Raise the arms manually and apply some glue/silastic whatever you want onto the o ring (you only need a very small drop as the arms resting keep it in place) and place the o ring in between the existing rubber stop.
This raises the arms slightly and stops the frustration from constant ball searches. Quick easy and effective.
HULK SMASH lol.......hope this helps.

9B87A0BA-2C8D-4A40-A8ED-1F3E197326FC (resized).jpeg9B87A0BA-2C8D-4A40-A8ED-1F3E197326FC (resized).jpeg66918860-9E5B-4AF3-9985-98DB03ACC42E (resized).jpeg66918860-9E5B-4AF3-9985-98DB03ACC42E (resized).jpeg
#778 5 years ago

I may have to try this. Does it still stop the ball from going past his arms when his arms are down or does this mod just basically make the arms no longer play a part in the game? That's been my struggle in keeping them functional but not stop balls that shouldn't be too.

#779 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I may have to try this. Does it still stop the ball from going past his arms when his arms are down or does this mod just basically make the arms no longer play a part in the game? That's been my struggle in keeping them functional but not stop balls that shouldn't be too.

I just removed the coil stop behind HULK, and bent the top tab a bit to keep his arms high enough to let the ball clear out. He doesn't "punch" the balls around like he's designed to do, but at least there's never a hang-up under his arms.

#780 5 years ago

I have been wanting this game for a while and finally got it. It is happy next to X-Men and Spiderman.

The prior owner has tweaked most of the issues.

I’ll work on reading up on maybe lifting Hulk’s left arm. Ball got caught once got a few seconds.

I leveled the play field. When a ball comes from top lanes it bounces off top of right sling and usually drains on left. But when I hit the loop it feeds nicely to flippers. I’ll have to look but maybe needs a one way gate to push the ball to the right.

The ball just sat on top of the T drop in Thor. Since testing with glass off I moved it. But will have to figure that out.

The black widow ramp works well. Sometimes when the ball is about to turn onto the Hawkeye ramp it flies off.

When I started the game, I heard coils firing several times. I’ll have to pay attention and see if it is the drop target resets.

I have never bought a game whether NIB or not that didn’t need some tweaking. I know I’ll enjoy this game.
72015060-BD86-4700-8A42-7EAEC6B97117 (resized).jpeg72015060-BD86-4700-8A42-7EAEC6B97117 (resized).jpeg

#781 5 years ago

This stopped the frustration of constant ball searches when ball get stuck behind his arms. Doesn’t effect game play and he will still interact with ball. Trick is to not make it so the arms are too high. Mine is just high enough that the ball can still touch his arms and a soft shot can still get stuck. Hulk will still throw ball around when in front like he is supposed to. This reduced my ball searches by 90%. Which was causing me to dislike the game so much I sold it the first one. When a low play HUO came up I grabbed it after seein gthis done on another machine. This is still one of Sterns best back when an LE was fully loaded. This and XmenLE Magneto are just great. IMHO

#782 5 years ago

mbelofsky if you have any drama with drop targets doing strang things just reset the connector a few times and that often fixes it. I’ve never experienced an issue with Hawkeye ramp. A mate of mine had his ramp not seated quite right and removed and reinstalled and that sorted it. If black widow is working well then you are lucky. It seems to be the one that can cause grief. Again mine is a ripper. No issue. Great taste in games mate. I see Magneto there, Spidey.
I just sold my STLE a little while back and STTNG too. We could be brothers I’ve had all those I can see except GB and SW.
ColourDMD looks great in this and a bit brighter than original green. Get the teaser act mod from Robert HOOKED as it is so much nicer than original. If you like mods that is. Clear plastics for the inlanes makes game play much easier to see Loki lights.

#783 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

I just removed the coil stop behind HULK, and bent the top tab a bit to keep his arms high enough to let the ball clear out. He doesn't "punch" the balls around like he's designed to do, but at least there's never a hang-up under his arms.

Try to not have it too high. The odd ball search is bearable as you still want Hulk to SMASH. Mine will still bash balls around although not as much as previous he still interacts. Mine was ALWAYS getting caught on HIS right arm. After a raised it I get very rare right arm and occasional left arm ball stuck.

#784 5 years ago

jokerpoker thanks. I’ll make the adjustments.

My games to the left of ghostbusters premium are
Dialed in
Hobbit
Lord of the Rings
Houdini
Theatre of magic.

#785 5 years ago

Can someone please help me with these two flashers I think. The one on the right is flasher 21 for hulk. It was facing straight at the player. Is it supposed to? I turned it towards Hulk. The one to the left has a funky blue bulb which could be a flasher. The bulb is not working or the socket is not working. It is also facing Hulk. Does anyone know what number it is? Is it a flasher? Should it be blue?

48374C4A-30AA-4375-A0DF-14C0DCC15C0C (resized).jpeg48374C4A-30AA-4375-A0DF-14C0DCC15C0C (resized).jpeg
#786 5 years ago

So a motor running (or whirling) is most likely limited to Hulk area.

I was trying to figure out how the
Switch actuator assembly in front of Hulk works. This is page b16 blue pages.

My lid or small ramp (for lack of another term) was flush with the playfield and I did not understand it’s use.

As shown in the photos below, the actuator assembly is missing the pivot pin 530-6575-00 which is over 3.75” long. I assume based on the drawing that the pin is long enough so can fall out if either side between the wood surrounding the pin.

I assume this ramp is slightly raised and when balls roll on it , the ramp goes down to activate the switch so the game knows there’s a ball in front of hulk. Mine is always down so probably bad switch data in that area.

I sent an email to previous owner to see if he can find the pivot pin and also see if any other parts where removed for any reason. I’ll eventually find them but would be good to get a game with all the parts

It is funny. I buy games all the time and just would not expect a part like this to be missing.

2DAF4007-787E-449F-80BA-54467C6D0CAF (resized).jpeg2DAF4007-787E-449F-80BA-54467C6D0CAF (resized).jpegC214EE01-AAF7-43C3-9E05-E51AC360F194 (resized).jpegC214EE01-AAF7-43C3-9E05-E51AC360F194 (resized).jpeg

#787 5 years ago

My actuator plate in front of Hulk was badly adjusted on my first game. Had to pull it apart adjust it and then no issues after that. mbelofsky my leaf switch from Wolvie on Xmen was in the bottom of the cabinet when purchased off previous owner. He always wondered why the game did not play right! Hope you find the pin.
Have a good look in the cabinet. I’m always amazed at what spare parts I find up in the top corners especially if machine has been up on its end for transport. Get this switch adjusted right and you will see a lot more action up there.
Both lights are supposed to be pointing to Hulk. One is a flasher one is GI. I have green in both. I mean it’s Hulk, why wouldn’t you.

#788 4 years ago

jokerpoker thanks. Sadly cabinet is clean. I think prior owner did some work on game. Hopefully he’ll have the pivot pin. I don’t see it for sale.

Can you confirm that it just pushes through with no EClips are anything? Picture does not show any. So I assume it is about the length of the opening in the wood. And is simply held in place because it can’t fall out either side.

I’ll see if Home Depot or Lowe’s has something I can jerry rig.

#789 4 years ago

I bought a 3 foot steel rod from Home Depot for $2.50. I cut it down to about 3 7/8” with a dremel. I filed the end straight and smooth. Then measured in hole. Used a file to take off a little at a time until it fit snuggly in hole.

The decal was ruined so I removed and cleaned with Goo Gone. Hopefully I can buy the decal or set tomorrow.

I had to remove the switch and fit assembly in through the top. Lined up the pivot pin so that the assembly was centered.

From under the playfield I added back the two wood screws to attach to the playfield. I added back the switch. I plugged in the connector. Went back on top and turned on the game. In test mode, switch 57 now works and is smooth.

Just played a game. There was no interaction by Hulk before. Now he works great.

328F69F5-A893-4E27-86EB-E99152C9E07F (resized).jpeg328F69F5-A893-4E27-86EB-E99152C9E07F (resized).jpeg8508ABBA-001D-43C5-86AD-92B6C7489FE7 (resized).jpeg8508ABBA-001D-43C5-86AD-92B6C7489FE7 (resized).jpegA8402FAB-FBE5-4C60-9214-97E3C23C0F23 (resized).jpegA8402FAB-FBE5-4C60-9214-97E3C23C0F23 (resized).jpegBA74E0F5-7FDD-4459-9557-966D9AF5F791 (resized).jpegBA74E0F5-7FDD-4459-9557-966D9AF5F791 (resized).jpegC84FCD8B-9838-4568-9F5B-BDC272D50BF9 (resized).jpegC84FCD8B-9838-4568-9F5B-BDC272D50BF9 (resized).jpegD703F43D-51FA-46A6-998B-19E50053A4F7 (resized).jpegD703F43D-51FA-46A6-998B-19E50053A4F7 (resized).jpegDE28A029-12D1-4C88-92D9-DA44CF73BBAF (resized).jpegDE28A029-12D1-4C88-92D9-DA44CF73BBAF (resized).jpegF0B78795-C919-4830-9734-0B01FC7584B4 (resized).jpegF0B78795-C919-4830-9734-0B01FC7584B4 (resized).jpegF44BBD4A-C0C9-4F05-A72E-2F19E33E6799 (resized).jpegF44BBD4A-C0C9-4F05-A72E-2F19E33E6799 (resized).jpeg

#790 4 years ago

Is it normal to hear a whirling sound like a motor is running? I have the glass off since still testing and adjusting.

I think the only motor lifts the ramp? Why do I hear it turning but not lifting ? Is it calibrating?

During Hulk multi ball, the ramp is lifted and then lowered correctly. It tests correctly.

Thanks.

#791 4 years ago

I can’t delete this but just realized and looked at rubber page that it was missing the rubber behind the drops. Another thing previous owner forgot to add back. oh well.

The ball gets stuck behind the T drop target in THOR.

I have adjusted the height of the Thor drop targets but that is not the issue. They are flush with the playfield.

There appears to be a little cubby in the back that the ball is getting stuck in.

I could raise the drops a little above the playfield but don’t think that would help.

It seems to get stuck in the wider gap behind the drop target.

3944D907-8D76-4C69-901A-10640B641FF7 (resized).jpeg3944D907-8D76-4C69-901A-10640B641FF7 (resized).jpeg3F1C3497-C479-459A-9F7B-85B13275C6A4 (resized).jpeg3F1C3497-C479-459A-9F7B-85B13275C6A4 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#792 4 years ago

I bought the kits to replace the Hulk Switch actuator (with decal) and the replacement plastic behind Hulk. I also bought an $8 USB drive in the shape of the Avengers plane. I used earth quake putty to place on the plastic. It is solidly attached.

28AE5735-2E42-4E38-9082-89294741F2D8 (resized).jpeg28AE5735-2E42-4E38-9082-89294741F2D8 (resized).jpeg9CF0BC29-C274-45A3-BCF6-C26B601946AC (resized).jpeg9CF0BC29-C274-45A3-BCF6-C26B601946AC (resized).jpegCED85297-5EE6-40BB-B806-079AA1910EE0 (resized).jpegCED85297-5EE6-40BB-B806-079AA1910EE0 (resized).jpegB967EB92-86B9-4025-A2A2-CD54C22771CD (resized).jpegB967EB92-86B9-4025-A2A2-CD54C22771CD (resized).jpeg88DE6F71-DE3E-478D-80C8-67C8B77C875B (resized).jpeg88DE6F71-DE3E-478D-80C8-67C8B77C875B (resized).jpeg9C3D8277-27E0-419E-BA75-ED86E06AA203 (resized).jpeg9C3D8277-27E0-419E-BA75-ED86E06AA203 (resized).jpeg
#793 4 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I bought the kits to replace the Hulk Switch actuator (with decal) and the replacement plastic behind Hulk. I also bought an $8 USB drive in the shape of the Avengers plane. I used earth quake putty to place on the plastic. It is solidly attached.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Friend of mine used to put LED lights in those where the engine's are. When he left the country he gave me some of the LED's he used to use. If you can solder and are up for popping that apart, drilling the holes and soldering the wires to a connect to attach to the GI I'll send you a couple. Just PM me your address.

Pic attached of what I'm talking about.

3648cec8c30bd2d469baae2772bbb44d7c522303 (resized).jpg3648cec8c30bd2d469baae2772bbb44d7c522303 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#794 4 years ago

Joined the club today, lovin’ it so far!

D0181C52-6902-478C-9CD2-70608D675F4E (resized).jpegD0181C52-6902-478C-9CD2-70608D675F4E (resized).jpeg
#795 4 years ago

Why is Hulk more desirable/expensive? What’s current going prices for each version of LE?

#796 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Why is Hulk more desirable/expensive? What’s current going prices for each version of LE?

Most people think the art package is much nicer.

The marketplace archive is probably the the best place, but my feel is $5-6k for Hulk and $4.5-5.5k for blue version, with range based on condition, mods and seller motivation. There are some very good, expensive mods - ColorDMD, Loki relocation, modified return lane plastics, better cube, cross ramp EL Wire.

#797 4 years ago

I have the Hulk LE and it is indeed gorgeous; mirrored backglass to go with the green armor, it is a fine looking machine.

#798 4 years ago

Agree 100% just a total great looking and great playing game.

#799 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I actually prefer the Blue Avengers LE.

#800 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I actually prefer the Blue Avengers LE.

I also prefer the blue version. It has all the Avengers represented.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 988 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/all-hulk-get-is-tilt-avengers-club/page/16?hl=tgr81dk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.