AAACDA8A-60E7-4DCA-B35A-BEC5CF892010 (resized).jpeg
20230121_210628_HDR (resized).jpg
20230121_214542 (resized).jpg
20230122_090028 (resized).jpg
20230101_174918_HDR (resized).jpg
20230120_172028_HDR (resized).jpg
20230122_083407_HDR (resized).jpg
20230122_083017_HDR (resized).jpg

There are 987 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 20.
#651 7 years ago

Have an odd issue with mine, every time a ball is put into play, and launched, when it hits the right ramp exit switch, the down post at the ball lock fires, and makes a terrible buzzing noise. I watched some other pro gameplay videos, and the post doesn't go down when the ball hits that switch.

I'll try it again later tonight in switch test, but if anyone has experienced this, what did you find out?

#652 7 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Have an odd issue with mine, every time a ball is put into play, and launched, when it hits the right ramp exit switch, the down post at the ball lock fires, and makes a terrible buzzing noise. I watched some other pro gameplay videos, and the post doesn't go down when the ball hits that switch.
I'll try it again later tonight in switch test, but if anyone has experienced this, what did you find out?

On mine out of the box, the slotted plastic covering the three opto switches in the Loki lock was slightly covering one of the optos. I loosened the plastic and repositioned it so the optos were unobstructed and all was well.

#653 7 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

On mine out of the box, the slotted plastic covering the three opto switches in the Loki lock was slightly covering one of the optos. I loosened the plastic and repositioned it so the optos were unobstructed and all was well.

Interesting. I'll take a look later tonight when I get home.

#654 7 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Hey Guys
On my Hulk when 2 balls are locked in Loki and Hulk multiball is started, the 2 locked balls are not released for a 6 ball multiball.
Also in Loki multiball after the 3 balls are released in a few seconds a 4th ball is launched. Is this normal behavior???

Doesn't sound normal to me, especially the loki thing. What happens in hulk or VS multiball when you have balls in the loki lock and you hit the Hawkeye? Does it release one of the balls in the lock?

I would suspect the trough connector. Try re-seating the trough connector to see if that resolves it. If re-seating solves it, the fix will be temporary. To make it permanent, pick up some dielectric grease from the auto parts store and using a q tip, put a really thin coat on the header pins.

#655 7 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Doesn't sound normal to me, especially the loki thing. What happens in hulk or VS multiball when you have balls in the loki lock and you hit the Hawkeye? Does it release one of the balls in the lock?

Yes it does release one ball.

Quoted from Schwaggs:

I would suspect the trough connector. Try re-seating the trough connector to see if that resolves it. If re-seating solves it, the fix will be temporary. To make it permanent, pick up some dielectric grease from the auto parts store and using a q tip, put a really thin coat on the header pins.

I concur with your suspicion of the trough connector for the Loki problem. I re-seated the connector and played a few games, it happened on a couple. I ordered another cable and will put some dielectric grease on the header pins as you suggest. Thank you for your assistance!

#656 7 years ago

I want to buy one of these so badly! I had two pending deals locally however both sellers changed their minds. I guess they just like their games too much. Arghhh!

#657 7 years ago
Quoted from violinfather:

I want to buy one of these so badly! I had two pending deals locally however both sellers changed their minds. I guess they just like their games too much. Arghhh!

How bad?

#658 7 years ago

well, i could understand some early hate on this pinball, not only on the "shoot always same shoots" (which i didnt agree, i even like how Lonnie code it), and of course the BW ramp, which for sure was a real/big problem (with old code, and/or if pinball is not tweaked correctly)

than, knowing about the 1.7 update, i have absolutly no regret to have just bought this Avengers, even more when my son was already loving it before !

i've done all tweaks (needing attention) listed here (tanx to evbd)

just back to BW ramp :
while waxed the PF and all the parts already help a lot with this shoot
but here's something may be could serve for others : i noticed that the central part (in aluminium) was not perfectly alligned to the external end of the curve... just 2 mm inside, but of course ball was hitting that for sure, losing speed... than easy trick to realligne these 2 parts, and now BW ramp is easy to pass while ball is rolling perfectly

IMGP1923 (resized).JPGIMGP1923 (resized).JPG

IMGP1924 (resized).JPGIMGP1924 (resized).JPG

OK, 2 asks now :

- did someone got the PDF PRO MANUAL, and upload it for me (and surelly some others guys) ?
as on STERN site the link is wrong (its pointing to the LE... and no, the LE link didnt point to the PRO)

- did someone already scan few/all plastics of the PRO ? specially the green one behind HULK (i smell mine is going to break soon, its distorded), and even better the right+left upper slingshots (to make my own in transparent plate, the mods seems nice but very expensive)

tanx in advance

#659 7 years ago

PM me if you are selling and we can talk price.

#660 7 years ago

Just Joined the Club and I am loving it..

#661 7 years ago

It looks as if a bad diode was causing my issue. And after reading through this thread, I'm hoping someone can chime in on the Avengers fix kit from Stern. Mine doesn't have any of the known issues fixed yet, and am looking for the part number for the kit. I've contacted Stern but haven't heard back from them. Any help would be appreciated.

#662 7 years ago

It looks as if a bad diode was causing my issue. And after reading through this thread, I'm hoping someone can chime in on the Avengers fix kit from Stern. Mine doesn't have any of the known issues fixed yet, and am looking for the part number for the kit. I've contacted Stern but haven't heard back from them. Any help would be appreciated.</blockquot

I believe the part number for the fix kit is 502-6806-00. If your machine never had one sent out then Stern should send one out to you for free, they just need the serial number of your machine. Hope this helps.

#663 7 years ago

Finally got around to adding the hulk pingrill to my le.

Love the look, colours are better in person, as camera changes lighting a bit.

IMG_20170310_180113 (resized).jpgIMG_20170310_180113 (resized).jpg

#664 7 years ago

I actually like that one, I was thinking on getting one too lol

I was disappointed they didn't have cool art blades for hulk, but liked the grill face thing.

#665 7 years ago

Red DMD.... (Temporary of course)

IMG_20170310_203009_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20170310_203009_01 (resized).jpg

#666 7 years ago

makes you realize how good the green dmd looks with this game.

#667 7 years ago

You gotta spring for a Colordmd

#668 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

You gotta spring for a Colordmd

Canadians pay close to $700 for a cdmd.

Hard to justify it if I don't need it yet.

#669 7 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Hey Guys
On my Hulk when 2 balls are locked in Loki and Hulk multiball is started, the 2 locked balls are not released for a 6 ball multiball.
Also in Loki multiball after the 3 balls are released in a few seconds a 4th ball is launched. Is this normal behavior???

Hulk is 4-ball multiball. You should be able to add-a-ball by hitting the S.H.I.E.L.D. reward target around middle right to get 5, then 6 balls. Same with Loki, I believe.

I think earlier code had 6-ball Hulk multiball.

-Jason

#670 7 years ago

Check out my HULK for sale in the marketplace. Love the game but time to rotate.

#671 7 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Hulk is 4-ball multiball. You should be able to add-a-ball by hitting the S.H.I.E.L.D. reward target around middle right to get 5, then 6 balls. Same with Loki, I believe.
I think earlier code had 6-ball Hulk multiball.
-Jason

That makes sense. Thank you Jason, you're the man!

#672 7 years ago

Anyone know what the factory outlane settings are? are the posts in or empty holes?

#673 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Anyone know what the factory outlane settings are? are the posts in or empty holes?

One of the settings allows for a stuck ball on the right side. I can't get a pic right now, but will follow up later.

Stern provided an extra post for making the game more friendly with their update kot. Only needed if you want to lower the I post, as the gap is too big without adding it.

#674 7 years ago

Here's the parts list for the Avengers update kit, for those that still need it, like I did:

1- HULK PLASTIC # 502-6806-00
1- LOKI DECAL # 820-6916-00
1- BLACK WIDOW PLASTIC # 830-6182-88
1- 545-5348-01 POST RUBBER
1- 550-5059-01 CLEAR POST
1- 237-5513-00 6-32 X 2” PPH SCREW
1- 240-5005-00 6-32 NYLON STOP NUT
2- WASHER 242-5001-00
1- 502-6821-00 OPTO FIX

#675 7 years ago

Here's the parts list for the Avengers update kit, for those that still need it, like I did:
1- HULK PLASTIC # 502-6806-00
1- LOKI DECAL # 820-6916-00
1- BLACK WIDOW PLASTIC # 830-6182-88
1- 545-5348-01 POST RUBBER
1- 550-5059-01 CLEAR POST
1- 237-5513-00 6-32 X 2” PPH SCREW
1- 240-5005-00 6-32 NYLON STOP NUT
2- WASHER 242-5001-00
1- 502-6821-00 OPTO FIX

Is there a part number for this kit?

#676 7 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Is there a part number for this kit?

Call stern, give them your sn, they'll send the package

#677 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Call stern, give them your sn, they'll send the package

I did, and was told to go through a distributor and pay for it.

#678 7 years ago

Weird.

#680 7 years ago

Same here, said it was out of warranty.

#681 7 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Same here, said it was out of warranty.

That's unfortunate that they are treating it this way. I got that "upgrade" kit early on, and ALL those parts are meant to rectify problems with design, not parts that failed. I think of it more like a recall notice rather than a warranty issue. Shrugs.

#682 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

I believe the factory setting was the lower hole which is also the reason for the post in the kit (it prevents balls getting stuck above that post).

As for the upgrade kit. The only piece that severed any benefit to me was the piece that went below the drop from the BW ramp where it drops to the saucer. The rest of it was pretty useless for me.

#683 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I believe the factory setting was the lower hole which is also the reason for the post in the kit (it prevents balls getting stuck above that post).
As for the upgrade kit. The only piece that severed any benefit to me was the piece that went below the drop from the BW ramp where it drops to the saucer. The rest of it was pretty useless for me.

Yes that ball drop plastic on the BW ramp works very well. I also used the extra post and rubber for the right outlane because I moved the other post down, but those are the only two pieces I used from the kit.

#684 7 years ago

strange about the "update kit", as i jusk asked it for my PRO HUO, and got it without a prob...

#685 7 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Ok that would make sense, lower hole on both sides?

#686 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Mines never been in the lower hole. So not factory to me. (Game was purchased nib by previous owner)

#687 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Factory was in top hole on both sides. If you move the right post to the bottom hole, it leaves a gap wide enough to get a ball jammed in really well. The extra post lets you have a post in the top and bottom hole on the right and prevent a stuck ball. I placed a small rubber ring at the bottom on the top post and at the top of the bottom post to avoid a direct hit.

#688 7 years ago

Great thanks!

#689 7 years ago

reading this i reopen mine, and its huge difference between factory and close at max, now i have to "battle" much more against the pinball

in fact, seeing how its designed, factory or just nothing will be quite the same...

1 week later
#690 7 years ago

@Lonnie_D_R if you're on pinside (and still reading about AV)

here's a bug
well, better calling this something not wanted (?) which can be seen as an exploit for good players :
considering you have 1 (or 2) balls locked in LOKI, no lock ready, and 3 LOKI letters ON (with K or I being OFF)
you shoot the left ramp, when ball hit the switch at the top of the ramp, the LOKI lock release 1 ball, than light the 4th LOKI letters in the inlane (which will light the next lock), and when the other ball finally arrived in the LOKI lock, the MB starts as 1 ball is already on the PF

to polish, a small detail : you've removed the BONUS HELD from the MYSTERY, but its still there on the screen animation with FURY (btw, pity you removed it, even if this could give unbalanced score i admit)

and just an idea, as this will be lots of works i think : at the begining of a ball, making possible to choose which avengers you wanna play during that ball (as in DOCTOR WHO), and than as example (lots of others "gift" are possible) :

* THOR : as a semi-God, all ball saver will last more longer
* HULK : HULK jackpots + X % points
* BLACK WIDOW : super spinner
* CAPTAIN AMERICA : super pops
* IRON MAN : 1 shoot on the iron man switch advance for 2 instead of 1
* HAWKEYE : when in LOKI multiball, 1 shoot only (in place of 2) to collect the super hero

AV is now 3 weeks home and not far from 200 games on it, we like this game

#691 7 years ago

and as i'm a maniac, after having done all needed tweaks, i've found 2 little more :

on his left side, the tesseract was 1 milimeter not leveled with the playfield, done with adding a thin plastic under the PF at screws...

and also having some airballs hitting the upper right ramp transparent plastic (despite the high slope & flippers power settings at minimum) over the IRON MAN entry, with the blue rubber under at the spinner and/or the red plot near FURY... than just done a DIY lexan to cover that area (attach here if you need it)

extra1 (2) (resized).JPGextra1 (2) (resized).JPG

extra1 (3) (resized).JPGextra1 (3) (resized).JPG

extra1 (1) (resized).JPGextra1 (1) (resized).JPG

av extra (resized).PNGav extra (resized).PNG

#692 7 years ago

my son asked for some "curves" than...

extra2 (resized).JPGextra2 (resized).JPG

extra3 (resized).JPGextra3 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#693 6 years ago

Hey Guys

Just wondering if anybody discovered the trick as to how to adjust speech/music volume other than the adjustments in the portal that don't seem to work?

#694 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

here's something may be could serve for others : i noticed that the central part (in aluminium) was not perfectly alligned to the external end of the curve... just 2 mm inside, but of course ball was hitting that for sure, losing speed... than easy trick to realligne these 2 parts, and now BW ramp is easy to pass while ball is rolling perfectly

Not sure exactly what you're referring to, could you maybe take a pic of the area?

#695 6 years ago

this :

oups (resized).jpgoups (resized).jpg

oups2 (resized).JPGoups2 (resized).JPG

assuming the external side (where the ball is supposed to "touch" while climbing, due to physic) : the bridge was 2 mm "more inside" than the curve

#696 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

this :

assuming the external side (where the ball is supposed to "touch" while climbing, due to physic) : the bridge was 2 mm "more inside" than the curve

Ahh, got it. I've had some balls get stuck in that location too. Thanks for the tip!

3 months later
#697 6 years ago

Anyone else try lowering the dificulty settings?

I find this game is a blast when you set everything to medium, (and ironman/black widow to easy for compleation)

Feels like a whole new game, lots going on, lots of fun - and I can actually make it to the mini wiz hellicarrier mode.

#698 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

I find this game is a blast when you set everything to medium, (and ironman/black widow to easy for compleation)
Feels like a whole new game, lots going on, lots of fun - and I can actually make it to the mini wiz hellicarrier mode.

I have mostly everything set to easy, except a couple. Then I set the Vs ball save timers to 5 seconds to compensate for the fact that you'll get to them much easier, and they are easier to restart.

And I agree, it's like a whole new game.

#699 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

We have most of the setting on medium. Like you, we can get a fair way through the game. Love it!

#700 6 years ago

Good so I'm not just a wuss lol, should be common knowledge, I'll have to try your settings, but I cant believe how much more fun this game is.

AOTH is such a good mode, and as its a mini wizard mode, you should be able to reach it if your having a good game, not make it impossible. BFE should be very hard to get to though still.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
There are 987 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/all-hulk-get-is-tilt-avengers-club/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.