IMG20230318114953 (resized).jpg
AAACDA8A-60E7-4DCA-B35A-BEC5CF892010 (resized).jpeg
20230121_210628_HDR (resized).jpg
20230121_214542 (resized).jpg
20230122_090028 (resized).jpg
20230101_174918_HDR (resized).jpg
20230120_172028_HDR (resized).jpg
20230122_083407_HDR (resized).jpg
There are 988 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 20.
#601 8 years ago

Also, just played a game and man this thing is so dialed in. It just sings!

#602 8 years ago

3 confirmations of the same screw and washers.

Looks like I have an answer. Now to find the damn screw. Lol

1 week later
#603 8 years ago

I went to see if there were any colour dmd's ready for the avengers and it had "this product is available for pre-order only".
I didn't think they had pre-orders, or is it just an error on the avengers link?

#604 8 years ago

There isn't a specific Color DMD for Avengers, you get the generic kit and install the appropriate software for your machine. If you look at their storefront home page, they appear to be sold out of Color DMD kits until the beginning of February. http://shop.colordmd.com/

3 months later
#606 7 years ago

reviving. Avengers is awesome after tweaks and new code. I'm almost done modifying the sound thanks to some help from Cleland. I'll share in the next week or so. It's not a complete overhaul like one gets on TWD but it's an improvement on pieces of the stock experience.

#607 7 years ago

2.0v tesseracts and shield pops are now on the web site and combo priced. Hookedonpinball.com.

#609 7 years ago

Thanks for the file. I'm at the very beginning stages of doing one as well. I'm pulling sound tracks and voice clips from all the Marvel movies. This is going to take me a while but hopefully will turn out well. I'm pulling voice clips that appear to be readily available on the net but if anyone has additional one's or can pull just the voice track from the movies, let me know.

3 weeks later
#610 7 years ago

Looks like I will be joining the club soon with a Hulk LE! I am excited

#611 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Looks like I will be joining the club soon with a Hulk LE! I am excited

Youve wanted one for quite a while. Good for you man.

#612 7 years ago

I am looking for a pro again if anyone spots on.

#613 7 years ago

Enjoy your hulk,lot of great mods around for this title and with the new code it is much better,super under valued title and I love my hulk

3 weeks later
#614 7 years ago

Just picked up an Avengers but the Hulk arms wouldn't go up or the magnet wouldn't work. Replaced the fuse and now the magnet is stuck on and hulk arms stay raised. Help a guy out!!

#615 7 years ago

Sounds like a blown transistor on the board.

#616 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sounds like a blown transistor on the board.

I concur sounds like a blown transitor on the board

#617 7 years ago

Thanks guys, especially your insight Rick hahaha

#618 7 years ago

I finally got my Hulk LE today. One issue as well. The "U" opto on the Hulk drops isn't working. I tried reflowing the solder but no go. So for the time being I swapped the opto board with the Thor targets so I can at least get Hulk MB going. I thought no big deal, I will just get a new board for it...... $130 on Marco....... yikes.......

Maybe I will email Stern and beg for a replacement

I also swapped out the Green GI for cool white and it looks a lot better IMO and also a bit brighter.

ColorDMD is installed as well and look really good..

#619 7 years ago

Well it wasn't the magnet getting stuck on, it was hulk arm coil (the one that goes up and down). Magnet works fine making me think something inside of hulk. Really didn't want to pull him out. If he's fine then yup transistor it looks like.

#620 7 years ago

Good news on my drop target opto board is that after a few games either the opto locked on or it compensated and just has the target registered all of the time now. So I can at least complete Thor now. It will work until I get around to see if Stern will do anything or ponying up the $130 for a new board.

Also worked on the tweaks to the BW ramp and it is much smoother now.

#621 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Good news on my drop target opto board is that after a few games either the opto locked on or it compensated and just has the target registered all of the time now. So I can at least complete Thor now. It will work until I get around to see if Stern will do anything or ponying up the $130 for a new board.

Nothing nicer than a good flowing BW ramp! When I had mine I managed 6 consecutive be ramp shots! I know I'd call bs too but I think the planets aligned for those 6 shots and around they went!

#622 7 years ago

Ya I have done at least 5 in a row a few times.

On a side now....how the heck are you supposed to adjust the hulk plate switch. There is barely any movement at all when it is installed. I took it all out and it is working fine and even tried adjusting the switch but there is so little movement when it is in the game that it can't actuate the switch.

#623 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

can you post pictures from
the upgraded white gi?

#624 7 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

can you post pictures from
the upgraded white gi?

This is the best I could do with my phone, but you get the idea. The only green GI I left was the two directly behind the Hulk. Also this was before I put the ColorDMD in.

TAVLE_White_GI_(resized).jpgTAVLE_White_GI_(resized).jpg

#625 7 years ago

I have an issue with my Hulk assembly. I took it off to put the washers on the plungers to restrict the Hulk's movement left to right. (Broke the plastic the other day.....figures)

Anyways, that part works great, but after I put it all back in the Hulk arms will not activate, even in coil test mode. I have checked the coil wiring, windings, Ohms, etc. The plug looks fine as does the transistor board it runs too. I checked the transistor and it seems fine. I am not sure what happened. I never bumped it or anything that I know of. I didn't even take that part apart other than taking his arms off.

Is there a dedicated fuse for the arms that I am missing?

#626 7 years ago

There is a very thin wire on the hulk coil that breaks from time to time. This wire is held down by a thin zip tie it seemed to create a high stress point. I resoldered the lead to the coil. And ran both wires to one side held by electrical tape and continued to tape past the coil to distribute any force on it. Rotordave had a post in a thread about it somewhere. It's been about two hundred games since and I haven't had a problem yet.

#627 7 years ago

Yes it is a lug-less coil. Pita

#628 7 years ago

Hoping the new sounds some of you guys have worked out turn out nice. And that you are willing to share.

#629 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I have an issue with my Hulk assembly. I took it off to put the washers on the plungers to restrict the Hulk's movement left to right. (Broke the plastic the other day.....figures)

Pinball Life had the Hulk plastic last time I placed an order. Their site is down for summer break for another couple weeks but here is the Google cached page http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:_bm_0nPF2PcJ:www.pinballlife.com/index.php%3Fp%3Dproduct%26id%3D4074+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

#630 7 years ago

Mine is broken in a clean line at the thinnest part. You have to look for a broken plastic to find it. When I got my tweak kit from stern they included a new one. I decided not to install it figuring that if I restrict movement to avoid breakage it will be harder to complete hulk. Gov were you able to get hulk back up and running again?

#631 7 years ago

There is a Hulk with latest code at The Hub in Island Park , Long Island, NY.

#632 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveD:

Mine is broken in a clean line at the thinnest part. You have to look for a broken plastic to find it. When I got my tweak kit from stern they included a new one. I decided not to install it figuring that if I restrict movement to avoid breakage it will be harder to complete hulk. Gov were you able to get hulk back up and running again?

Haven't had time to work on it. I plan on doing that tomorrow. On my Hulk plastic I am going to make two custom protectors for it and glue it back together and sandwich it between the two clear plastic protectors. My brother has a CNC machine I can use to cut them out.

#633 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Haven't had time to work on it. I plan on doing that tomorrow. On my Hulk plastic I am going to make two custom protectors for it and glue it back together and sandwich it between the two clear plastic protectors. My brother has a CNC machine I can use to cut them out.

You might consider using just one metal protector under your plastic instead of using plastic... it is the Hulk you are battling after all. See my post on how to make one.

Mac

#634 7 years ago

Got my Hulk fixed, the wire of the coil had broken loose. Easy fix. Anybody else have issues with the 6 ball trough spitting out two balls occasionally? It only happens after it attempts to kick out a ball and it doesn't get all of the way out and then the next ball in line slides down before the first ball falls back in place. Then there are two balls there to kick out. Everything looks ok, the top metal weld isn't broken like on a lot of Sterns. Not sure how to fix it. Never had this problem with a 4 ball trough.

#635 7 years ago

Not trying to sound inappropriate but do you occasionally get random ball drains? My trough opto would occasionally act up. When I contacted stern they gave me a jumper cable to connect the trough opto to the original cable. I think they were thinking the connection would be more snug, have not had a problem since. While they were at it they sent out the fix kit. You may want to verify that yours was already put in, it makes the BW to hulk saucer much more successful.

#636 7 years ago

I haven't had any phantom drains no. I do have the fix kit for the Hulk saucer, it does help quite a bit. The game is playing great right now other than the two ball thing on occasion. I have the Hulk adjusted really well and haven't had a stuck ball in a dozen games since fixing it.

#637 7 years ago

I would suspect the trough cable. It would happen intermittently to me reseating it would help for a little while and come back. I read some people zip tied it. If you email stern customer support they may have some ideas. They seem pretty helpful.

#638 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Got my Hulk fixed, the wire of the coil had broken loose. Easy fix. Anybody else have issues with the 6 ball trough spitting out two balls occasionally? It only happens after it attempts to kick out a ball and it doesn't get all of the way out and then the next ball in line slides down before the first ball falls back in place. Then there are two balls there to kick out. Everything looks ok, the top metal weld isn't broken like on a lot of Sterns. Not sure how to fix it. Never had this problem with a 4 ball trough.

Bend the chute flap slightly toward the shooter. That seems to help prevent the ball from bouncing back into the trough.

Here is a tutorial for how to do it on WOZ but it applies to Stern as well:

http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

#639 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Bend the chute flap slightly toward the shooter. That seems to help prevent the ball from bouncing back into the trough.
Here is a tutorial for how to do it on WOZ but it applies to Stern as well:
http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

It looks like it is nearly already straight on mine.

#640 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

It looks like it is nearly already straight on mine.

It needs to be angled toward the shooter. For the flap which direction do you mean straight?

#641 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It needs to be angled toward the shooter. For the flap which direction do you mean straight?

The article says the opposite of that.

"The ball trough exit will now be exposed. Using a pair of pliers, grab the thick, bent piece of metal on the right side of the trough and bend it just a little bit outwards, towards the side of the cabinet, to reduce the sharpness of the angle (see photo above, on left side)."

#642 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

The article says the opposite of that.
"The ball trough exit will now be exposed. Using a pair of pliers, grab the thick, bent piece of metal on the right side of the trough and bend it just a little bit outwards, towards the side of the cabinet, to reduce the sharpness of the angle (see photo above, on left side)."

Ok, so the Stern troughs typically have the opposite problem with the angle. Try it one way and if that does not fix it try it the other way.

2 weeks later
#643 7 years ago

Hey guys. My ex boss from the arcade wants me to come in and take a look at his Avengers. He says the Hulk drop targets locks on and pops fuses. He says he's getting a new coil for it, and a new transistor for the board.

Can anyone confirm which transistor it is? I think it's Q6, but the Stern manual I read online left me confused. Also would like a confirmation on the transistor's part number.

#644 7 years ago

Yes, the labels of the coils in the manual is a bit of a mess. Is your boss' Avengers an LE or Pro?

I believe the "left" drop in the manual is hulk and Q6 on the main board. If an LE, the Thor drops are the "center" drops and is Q1 on the aux driver board. You can always use a meter to test the transistor before replacing to be sure.

#645 7 years ago

I'm not sure which version it is. I haven't even had a day to go down and check it out since he got it. But, yeah, I could always meter it out. Forgot about that.

6 months later
#646 7 years ago

time to subscribe here, as soon a "pro" will land home... almost i have some pages to read

#647 7 years ago

Also just joined the club. Brought a Pro into the house last night.

#648 7 years ago

Hey Guys

On my Hulk when 2 balls are locked in Loki and Hulk multiball is started, the 2 locked balls are not released for a 6 ball multiball.
Also in Loki multiball after the 3 balls are released in a few seconds a 4th ball is launched. Is this normal behavior???

#649 7 years ago

its "official" now

av1 (resized).JPGav1 (resized).JPG

#650 7 years ago

on which position are the plots at outlanes when game is out of the box/factory settings ?

and what did the 3 "blue targets" (2 behind the cube, 1 at the left lanes) in the game ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 988 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/all-hulk-get-is-tilt-avengers-club/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.