Quoted from Grinder901:
So Avenger owners, my Hulk got mad and smashed the long L shaped plastic behind/beside him. His left to right movements snapped the plastic above the rubber beside his left arm. This was the modified plastic from Stern. So I took the original and drilled two holes to put the long underside posts in the original plastic. I played a few games and really noticed Hulk giving that piece a lot of beating. I never noticed it before the plastic snapped.
Anyone have a remedy. To be honest, I've never tweaked my Hulk in any way. I'm not ever sure how to.
This is a common problem... Check with Stern, they may send you a replacement plastic for free.
If anyone wants to make the plastic "Hulk Proof" , here is how I did it:
1. Get some stiff paper to use as a template. I used a piece of the red rosin paper that you can get at Menards in the paint section.
2. Trace the outline of the two plastic pieces that go on either side of the right bridge support arm.
Note: you will be putting the single piece of metal under BOTH pieces... not because the right one will break, but because you need someplace to anchor the metal to so that it is sturdy when Hulk hits the piece on the other side.
3. Cut out your paper template.
4. Remove the two plastic pieces.
5. Fit the template and mark the paper for holes where the screws hold the plastics on.
6. Take the spikes off of the left plastic.
7. Lay the left plastic on your template and mark the holes for the spikes.
8. Double check the template shape.
Take your template to your local home store and find a piece of thin galvanized steel just big enough. I used a building corner bracket piece that I found in the lumber section. You want it stiff but thin.
9. Cut the metal using the template. On the side where Hulk may hit, leave an extra 3/16 of an inch of metal that you can bend up with some pliers. This will give that edge extra stiffness and protect the edge of your plastic.
10. Drill holes where needed.
11. Sandwich the metal under your plastics, and re-install the spikes.
12. Drop the reinforced unit in place and secure with the original plastics screws.
There are no lamps under these plastics, so the metal blocking light from below does not come into play.
Enjoy many years of Hulk multi-ball with no worries about this plastic breaking again