Topic Stats

• 777 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by jokerpoker
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 228 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

66918860-9E5B-4AF3-9985-98DB03ACC42E (resized).jpeg
9B87A0BA-2C8D-4A40-A8ED-1F3E197326FC (resized).jpeg
0AA55828-EEF4-4022-A532-2C456775D5C6 (resized).jpeg
88B3D438-43D9-4802-BE74-3BF74299E492 (resized).jpeg
73EE50B2-379D-4CAA-A7A4-C26AA1A74EA5 (resized).jpeg
74624B37-817E-4EEC-AE3C-FCB00B02CF2D (resized).jpeg
88B3D438-43D9-4802-BE74-3BF74299E492 (resized).jpeg
IMGP0863 (resized).JPG
IMGP0846 (resized).JPG
IMGP0861 (resized).JPG
IMGP0850 (resized).JPG
IMGP0845 (resized).JPG
IMG_20190316_003526355 (resized).jpg
7FA4EEA2-49FE-4CC4-BCF1-618C514D856B (resized).jpeg
DDCE67FC-B7E1-44A0-811A-E62A4CFEEFC3 (resized).jpeg
76296A48-8863-4118-80F2-1A57EA248572 (resized).png

There are 777 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 16.
#501 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Can you glue it back together with crazy glue or are there too many fragments missing? I don't think the glue would be noticeable considering the internal fracture appearance of the cube.
I believe Hooked said his will not break. I wonder if he would back that up with a guarantee.

First off dude, thanks for always being there to respond to me in this thread. Doesn't appear to be too many active Avenger owners on the thread. Feel like I'm talking to myself sometimes.

I actually blew off that small chunk a few games ago and crazy glued it back on but it came off again. I played a few more with it missing until the whole thing exploded off the bracket.

If Hooked's is tougher and available, I may grab one for when this newest cube eventually breaks.

I don't know if it's my game but my flippers are strong as hell. Slings too. During Hulk Multiball, those balls get to flying and good bye cube.

#503 3 years ago

I believe Hooked's cube is just a pure blue without any of the "metallic" strips in the middle of the cube. The PBR cube looks MUCH cooler IMO. No comment on durability, however....

The screw holes that mount the cube to the bracket stripped out on my PBR cube. I just used a toothpick to spread some epoxy in the stripped holes and pushed the screws in tight. Its held just fine since. Mine is a couple years old now and is holding up just fine!

#504 3 years ago

I'm on my 3rd cube. I bought one of the replacements and then PBR replaced my most recent one as I only got a couple weeks out of it by the time it showed up (took a couple of months to be made). They have helped me out but getting a replacement seems to take a very long time since they hand make them.

Here is my suggestion. Glue that piece back on and fill the holes with super glue. Drill two new holes on the other side of the cube and thread it (cheap tap and die set will work just fine). Drill the holes further in length and use longer screws and it should last much longer as it spreads the impact out more. I did this to my most recent replacement cube (before it broke I just extended things) and it's been holding up now for about 6 months of heavy use.

And I thought I was the only one that was unlucky enough to be breaking these things.

#505 3 years ago

Would putting mylar on all sides of the cube help with durability?

#506 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I believe Hooked's cube is just a pure blue without any of the "metallic" strips in the middle of the cube. The PBR cube looks MUCH cooler IMO. No comment on durability, however....

I liked the look of the PBR cube better, but after breaking a couple I was happy to sacrifice some of the aesthetics for Hooked's durable solid cube, which has been a tank.

#507 3 years ago

Hmm the Mylar idea is interesting. I haven't tossed my broken one and will glue back the two pieces but there are of course smaller fragments gone.

I will be buying a cube from Hooked when they are available as well. Thanks guys.

#508 3 years ago

Here is a Pic of the different cubes, I have had 2 PBR cubes break and am currently running nothing as I decide... The PBR one is awesome!! Looks amazing!, but falls apart, the Hooked one is way better than the original, but not as nice as the PBR one (IMHO of course). The original one... well... you know.

In the Pic they go: Original, Broken PBR, Hooked, New PBR

20150821_145041_1.jpg

#509 3 years ago

PBR has taken down the cubes from their store. I have a small chip on mine so I bought another as a backup. I hope they make more soon. This game is a keeper for me and I would like to have access to the the cubes should the other one break.

#510 3 years ago

I wonder if it would be worth it to drill the hole all the way through the cube and use some extra long screws on the PBR cube. Would not be as pretty by having a nut on the other side but that should greatly increase the strength of it. I drilled mine about halfway through and used a longer screw and things have been working well so far but I wonder if I should do this for the long haul.

1 week later
#511 3 years ago

I'm out of the club, sold my game yesterday. I really loved it, first year I had it, played it every single day! I wanted more from the code, and it still may happen, but grew tired of waiting and decided to change my lineup and move on to something else. I sold my avengers, xmen and Acdc premium within the past two weeks and replaced them with scared stiff, STTNG and Baywatch...and have lots of $$$$ left over, but no room for more. I feel like I did pretty well with no regrets. Avengers is a great game and will be missed!

#512 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I'm out of the club, sold my game yesterday. I really loved it, first year I had it, played it every single day! I wanted more from the code, and it still may happen, but grew tired of waiting and decided to change my lineup and move on to something else. I sold my Avengers, xmen and Acdc premium within the past two weeks and replaced them with Scared Stiff, STTNG and Baywatch...and have lots of $$$$ left over, but no room for more. I feel like I did pretty well with no regrets. Avengers is a great game and will be missed!

Once an Avenger, always an Avenger.

#513 3 years ago

Positively, the market for the game is good. I had a decent amount of interest and some interesting trade offers. I'll share that I sold it for $4k and it had mirrors, cube upgrade and full LEDs. It didn't have a blemish on it, inside or out and had all the known tweaks done. I actually had more interest in avengers than my xmen, though xmen sold for more and was much nicer with full powder coating and ff speaker system.

#514 3 years ago

I joined the club and very happy I did. I like the fact that is different than most Stern's in the past 5 years. The LE I picked up plays great. Black Widow is a b*tch to hit but sometimes I can hit it 3-4 times in a row. Game is hard on factory settings but put up 236 million the other day and felt good about it.

#515 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Positively, the market for the game is good. I had a decent amount of interest and some interesting trade offers. I'll share that I sold it for $4k and it had mirrors, cube upgrade and full LEDs. It didn't have a blemish on it, inside or out and had all the known tweaks done. I actually had more interest in Avengers than my xmen, though xmen sold for more and was much nicer with full powder coating and ff speaker system.

Was that a LE or a pro? If that was an LE it makes me sick in my stomach to think about what my pro may be worth. I know it's not well liked but I'll never understand how some games still fetch more (BBH, Batman Dark Knight, Elvis, Harley, etc...)

#516 3 years ago

Im pretty sure he had a pro

3 weeks later
#518 3 years ago

Hey Avengers. A badass pinsider, Kawydud, made me a bunch of these vinyl decal flasher covers. So hard to get a good picture with my crappy iPhone but they look very cool in person:

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

image_3.jpeg

image_4.jpeg

image_5.jpeg

image_6.jpeg

#519 3 years ago

A few more:

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

image_3.jpeg

image_4.jpeg

#520 3 years ago

They look really good installed, wasn't sure how they would turn out. Glad you are happy with them.

#521 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

They look really good installed, wasn't sure how they would turn out. Glad you are happy with them.

Want. How?

#522 3 years ago

Having a discussion with a buddy of mine on what a NIB Hulk LE is worth these days. He picked one up, didn't open it, and now is thinking about selling. Any opinion from those of you in the club what something like that would sell for?

#523 3 years ago

To tell up the truth you are better off finding a tweeted Huo game with mods,and not a nib example,these game play great and are a lot of fun but need a lot of adjusting and tweeting to get them to play so those go for around 5000 and most are ready to play you will have to do some work on this nib one before It is fun to play and that can take a little time,but it is nice to open up a New game just beware if you are not into massaging your games.

#524 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

To tell up the truth you are better off finding a tweeted Huo game with mods,and not a nib example,these game play great and are a lot of fun but need a lot of adjusting and tweeting to get them to play so those go for around 5000 and most are ready to play you will have to do some work on this nib one before It is fun to play and that can take a little time,but it is nice to open up a New game just beware if you are not into massaging your games.

#525 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

To tell up the truth you are better off finding a tweeted Huo game with mods,and not a nib example,these game play great and are a lot of fun but need a lot of adjusting and tweeting to get them to play so those go for around 5000 and most are ready to play you will have to do some work on this nib one before It is fun to play and that can take a little time,but it is nice to open up. New game just beware if you are not into massaging your games.

#526 3 years ago

I say mid 5k give or take about right for a NIB Hulk

#527 3 years ago

Also remember that George Gomez stated that a code update is coming

#528 3 years ago

Gonna watch as much as I can before work tonight!

image.jpeg

#529 3 years ago

Thanks for the advice guys, that's what I was thinking somewhere about $5k

#530 3 years ago

If he was close to me id give him 5k right now for it. I want one!

#531 3 years ago

So Avenger owners, my Hulk got mad and smashed the long L shaped plastic behind/beside him. His left to right movements snapped the plastic above the rubber beside his left arm. This was the modified plastic from Stern. So I took the original and drilled two holes to put the long underside posts in the original plastic. I played a few games and really noticed Hulk giving that piece a lot of beating. I never noticed it before the plastic snapped.

Anyone have a remedy. To be honest, I've never tweaked my Hulk in any way. I'm not ever sure how to.

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

#532 3 years ago

I'm surprised it snapped where it did due to the two mounts on that lower part. Sorry, no ideas on how to prevent that.

#533 3 years ago

Hmmm. Damn. Yes it was his right to left movement followed by raising his arms that broke the plastic. I think I recall reading there were ways to raise Hulk up a little bit. Maybe by doing so, he would catch that plastic piece.

#534 3 years ago

Joined the club over the weekend, really enjoying it so far! Does anyone make or can you purchase from stern the decal that goes over Hulk's switch/magnet. Mine has a little wear and I want to have a decal in reserve. Thanks!

#535 3 years ago

I sure wish someone would make plastic protectors or alter that plastic ramp above the THOR targets. Gio from PBR got us excited and then I think he got distracted by other projects.

#536 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

So Avenger owners, my Hulk got mad and smashed the long L shaped plastic behind/beside him. His left to right movements snapped the plastic above the rubber beside his left arm. This was the modified plastic from Stern. So I took the original and drilled two holes to put the long underside posts in the original plastic. I played a few games and really noticed Hulk giving that piece a lot of beating. I never noticed it before the plastic snapped.
Anyone have a remedy. To be honest, I've never tweaked my Hulk in any way. I'm not ever sure how to.

See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-definitive-tweak-guide/page/2#post-2511946

This is a common problem... Check with Stern, they may send you a replacement plastic for free.

Mac

If anyone wants to make the plastic "Hulk Proof" , here is how I did it:

1. Get some stiff paper to use as a template. I used a piece of the red rosin paper that you can get at Menards in the paint section.
2. Trace the outline of the two plastic pieces that go on either side of the right bridge support arm.

Note: you will be putting the single piece of metal under BOTH pieces... not because the right one will break, but because you need someplace to anchor the metal to so that it is sturdy when Hulk hits the piece on the other side.

3. Cut out your paper template.
4. Remove the two plastic pieces.
5. Fit the template and mark the paper for holes where the screws hold the plastics on.
6. Take the spikes off of the left plastic.
7. Lay the left plastic on your template and mark the holes for the spikes.
8. Double check the template shape.

Take your template to your local home store and find a piece of thin galvanized steel just big enough. I used a building corner bracket piece that I found in the lumber section. You want it stiff but thin.

9. Cut the metal using the template. On the side where Hulk may hit, leave an extra 3/16 of an inch of metal that you can bend up with some pliers. This will give that edge extra stiffness and protect the edge of your plastic.
10. Drill holes where needed.
11. Sandwich the metal under your plastics, and re-install the spikes.
12. Drop the reinforced unit in place and secure with the original plastics screws.

There are no lamps under these plastics, so the metal blocking light from below does not come into play.

Enjoy many years of Hulk multi-ball with no worries about this plastic breaking again

1 week later
#537 3 years ago

So I have a question. What would cause my Avengers to think the ball had drained while I was still playing it? I'm flipping the ball and then all of sudden Hulk thinks I've drained and the flippers are dead. It doesn't happen every time but I've noticed it too many times so I am asking other owners. Is there something loose? Something indicative of a bigger problem? Any ideas?

#538 3 years ago

Check the Molex connectors on the trough opto boards. They work loose and make intermittent connection.

#539 3 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

Check the Molex connectors on the trough opto boards. They work loose and make intermittent connection.

Ok great. you mean these boards?

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

#540 3 years ago

I pulled the connectors on both sides/boards and reseated them. Will see if this fixes it. Thanks!

#541 3 years ago

Yep! If that doesn't do it you might have a dirty opto or cracked solder joint on either one of those boards.

#542 3 years ago

Yikes. Let's hope this was all it needed. I'm sure I could clean the optos but cracked solder joints sound like PITAs. Thanks bud

#543 3 years ago

You'll be fine. What happened to you is very common on Stern games. Just reseat them and all is good 99% of the time. I make it common practice to do that when ever I raise a PF on a Stern game as preventative maintenance.

#544 3 years ago

Great information and will do that from now on too. Thanks guys for your help

#545 3 years ago

Thought I would chime in here on the cube. I have had zero failures and we sold out twice so roughly 100 + samples are out there. No failures that have ever contacted me or retailers. My original cube was solid acrylic made to my spec...now my new cube coming out in The next few months will be resin but a totally new look. I will be offering cube only for those that need one and can reuse PBR bracket or stock bracket. Side note le "see clearly" slings are back in stock but we are down to just over a dozen sets.

#546 3 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Thought I would chime in here on the cube. I have had zero failures and we sold out twice so roughly 100 + samples are out there. No failures that have ever contacted me or retailers. My original cube was solid acrylic made to my spec...now my new cube coming out in The next few months will be resin but a totally new look. I will be offering cube only for those that need one and can reuse PBR bracket or stock bracket. Side note le "see clearly" slings are back in stock but we are down to just over a dozen sets.

Sweet Robert! I bought one of your original cubes and I'll be buying one of your new cubes too.

The more mods the better I say.

#547 3 years ago

I have one of your cubes hooked, the bracket snapped right at the mounts. Waiting on a new stainless bracket from KimballsPinballs.

#548 3 years ago

Looking forward to your new cube. I just broke my 4th Pinball Refinery one I thought I would be safe with the longer screws but it still broke just the same way the others have.

#549 3 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

I have one of your cubes hooked, the bracket snapped right at the mounts. Waiting on a new stainless bracket from KimballsPinballs.

Thats interesting please share a picture. Would love to see where the steel broke. Cliffy makes mine based on the stock footprint. Great to know the cube was stronger than steel...assuming based on failure reported.

#550 3 years ago

Also Hooked, plastic protectors and a window/clear plastic mod for the THOR area like you did the slings would def sell.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Madison, WI
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Chicago, IL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 224.99
$ 50.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 777 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside