(Topic ID: 17742)

All 67/89 flash bulbs out on Gottlieb system 3, fuse?

By Dommer

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by T3mpest
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

street_fighter_103.JPG
photo_copy_5.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pdman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 11 years ago

Gert a box of spare bulbs for all the different bulbs in your pin. Then just replace the unlit bulb with a new one. Simple enough and you won't be wondering if all your bulbs are bad.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Dommer:

Probably get the manual too just to have on hand.

I'm a firm believer in having the service manual for every pin I own. It just makes troubleshooting and repair so much easier. For most pins you can download decent copies from IPDB. For Gottliebs, Pinball Resource. Ebay can also be a source.

I also have been fortunate that most of my pins have come with manuals. Early System1's usually have the manual with the game wiring and info but no PCB schematics.

Do yourself a favor and get the Manual. Another benefit is that some manuals contain "Theory of Operation" and this can be a big help in learning how to troubleshoot and repair your Pin.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

The 67s came in today and I replaced 8 total. All of the old 67s were blown, but the new flashers still do not work

Not sure what you are saying.
Put new 67s and they still don't work?
All the old 67s were blown.. how do you know that?

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Any idea which fuse may be the culprit?

You need to get a DMM(meter) and then you can measure the fuse for continuity.(~ 0 ohms)
You don't need anything fancy. Harbor Freight has them for ~ $5. Sears has them on sale for ~ 10 to 15 at times. Home depot, lowes, radio shack. Get a meter.

Or you could make a continuity tester using batteries and an led or buzzer, sonalert, etc.

#19 11 years ago

So in Diagnostic mode you could get the 67s to work and flash but in game mode they do not work?
Do you have clay's guide for System 3?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,400 (OBO)
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pdman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/all-6789-flash-bulbs-out-on-gottlieb-system-3-fuse?tu=pdman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.