(Topic ID: 209963)

Alive LED lights at once

By CadillacMusic

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cadillacmusic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Still tryin' to get this stupid Hulk up and going. Following the advice on pinrepair, I installed an LED and resistor across pins 8 and 15 in the upper right most chip on my CPU. Supposedly this should wait five seconds, and then light. But mine lights right away, which is odd, because the game does seem to boot correctly in the machine. It flickers a bit, but doesn't seem to change brightness back and forth, as it supposedly should do when the game displays the high score. Okay, it thinks the current high score is a backwards "c", but one step at a time. Is the advice no longer valid due to modern LEDs? Or am I doing something stupid?

#2 6 years ago

Update: LED works correctly in the machine. Must have a power issue in my test rig.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

1,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Massillon, OH
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cadillacmusic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alive-led-lights-at-once?tu=cadillacmusic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.