View topic image gallery

F8DCD17D-BCE8-4851-A782-66C0C18C9131 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
deposit (resized).jpg
alien-rating (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Who is this dude Hamburger?

Hmm....xenoburgers with acid sauce. Tasty!

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Lots of people posting here saying the Top 100 is a joke and not to pay attention to it, yet they themselves have rated a number of games

Not me.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

I mean, most people learned in their teens that top 100 lists were worthless.

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

It absolutely does. You just don't leave your game on long enough to see the lock ups. The code was/is bad and locks the game up. Just because it doesn't have an impact on you due to your use of the game doesn't mean the problem just doesn't exist. I"m not sure why you are fighting against holding the company accountable and being dismissive of all the owners that are having significant issues with the game.
I'm also not sure why you justify the shit quality of PB bros based off a comparison with JJP and Stern. They are separate companies and have nothing to do with Alien. Do you work for PB Bros?

Actually it's a valid comparison. I know the issues you've had so yes your opinion is valid but soured. Now consider for a moment someone who bought a shiny new Stern or JJP that had those same neverending issues. Their opinion would be soured as well...and believe me, those people do exist.

You are being disengenous in your statement about 'dismissive of owners with issues'. PB have been nothing like that, when they think they know what the issue might be, they are very fast and responsive and there are many many user posts that back that up. I've had far fewer issues with Alien than I did with R&M and mine was one of the first off the line. I'm not saying there aren't issues. There ARE issues, but to pretend your experience is everyone's experience and that they aren't trying to fix things is just another round of exaggeration.

As for how those issues impact ranking of a game? I think it's an excuse. The first time I played Alien was the OG in a bar and it lasted for about 30 seconds before it died. Never did I think "i need to run and give this game a 1". You notice most of the negativity here is about the bugs, not the actual gameplay - aside from a few Stern worm drainers. Is the game for everyone? No, few games are. If you are fanatic of the theme, this game is going to meet those expectations, bugs and all. It has some of the best theme/atmosphere ever created. Anyone shitting on geometry though, that's a laugh. This game is butter. Play better? Maybe challenge yourselves on non Stern wide row layouts a bit more. Is it #1? Most likely not, but neither is Godzilla.

#113 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Agreed. I still am curious about the lockups since I haven't experienced it myself, though.
I'm going to keep mine on tonight and possibly this weekend to test. Hopefully it is just a correctable software issue but I am wondering about earlier make vs. recent make games and board or other hardware differences being part of the issue.

I convinced some of the issues are around software and various board versions. There's been quite a few board revisions, and I think the PC itself changed at some point as well.

1 week later
#123 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

In a very ironic turn of events, our local pinball arcade owner has made the dubious decision to purchase an Alien for our location, and I(along with others) will be tasked with keeping it running! So maybe I will get nominated for sainthood at some point .
Anyway, amongst my trepidation/dread is a lot of excitement as I love the theme and have been wanting to put a bunch of time on this machine. I assure you that after I put a ton of plays on Alien and know it inside and out I will be posting an objective review, albeit partially from an operators perspective.

NiB or used? It's possible a used one has it's kinks worked out. Also very possible a NiB won't have any issues. Good luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aliens-lv-ratings-drop?tu=zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.