View topic image gallery

F8DCD17D-BCE8-4851-A782-66C0C18C9131 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
deposit (resized).jpg
alien-rating (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kabball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

I have been tempted to put a deposit on the new Pinball Brothers Alien for weeks and then I see that the LV version takes over number 1 spot on the pinside 100. I thought well that is enough to tip the scales and I put the deposit down on the LV. Then like a few days later I see it has dropped down to #50?

So what happened here did mods remove a bunch of reviews because it was being boosted? I do not regret my preorder as the theme is next level for me and it seems like still a very good game but I wonder why the drop to 250 cc

#6 1 year ago

I stated very clearly, I was more than happy with my purchase to try and avoid the comment that almost every one of you have written so far.

Sounds like one of you may have actually answered me though, a super fan got banned and took out all his positive reviews? lol if that is true it is kind of what I was expecting happened.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Op, are you new here?
* Looks at join date *
Oh wait, you ARE new here. When a game gets released, everyone that bought one ranks it as if it is the greatest game ever made. It goes to number one. Then weeks later it chills out. Happens literally every single time.

Lol yes brand new and fresh into the hobby. Got an ALP vpin going with VPX and all that but stoked to get my first real Pin in 2023 with any luck. Then I can express how it is the best pin ever created.

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Also @Kaball, two LVs have popped up this week totally reasonably priced if you're in the Midwest and want one now.
That was the interesting thing to me - Alien gets it's day in the sun and two games pop up that AREN'T priced to take someone for a ride. Is this still pinside?

I wish - North Vancouver BC - going through Nitro Pinball as the dealer

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

If anyone thinks this is a real post.... well, I hate to break it to ya... but there are these things called trolls.

Boy this is a good introduction to pinside lol. I can assure you this is real attached image of the deposit I put down. Not sure how this would be a troll comment but more time on pinside might make that clear.

deposit (resized).jpgdeposit (resized).jpg
#38 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

OP, since you are a newbie, I'll cut you some slack. Your question comes up on a regular basis. What you need to realize is that the Pinside Top 100 is a crowd sourced accumulation of rated games, that is stack ranked based on those ratings. The ratings are from all kinds of people, with all kinds of pinball experience, and both owners and non-owners of the games rank them.
IMO, the list is useful when you don't know much about pinball titles and need somewhere to start to see what's popular. From here, based on your interests you can pick a few games and start researching them (e.g. going to a game specific thread and reading the posts) and hunting them out in the wild to play (e.g. arcades, pinball events, etc.)
The list typically features new releases at the top, but there are also some great classics with staying power. If you like a game that's not high on the list, who gives a rip? If you like it then stop worrying about what others think. Conversely, if you only prefer games that are highly ranked, then you will find that others don't give a rip. Ultimately, the Top 100 is just a fun way to present popularity and likability of games in general.

Thanks - yah I am learning quickly.

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

It previewed at #1 and that made some people angry, so they added their own negative reviews to "balance it out". If Alien previewed at #15-20 or so, I bet people would have ignored it and it wouldn't have taken such a nose dive. I own the game and love it. It definitely deserves praise. So many mechs, great sound, fun rules, gr.... meh, just read my review if you want to see what I think about it. lol
I can understand if people don't want it to be #1 considering the history of the company and all the problems and issues it used to have, but it's fantastic now. I think Godzilla is indeed better so with that logic alone Alien shouldn't be #1, but it's definitely higher than 50 imo.
If you like it, buy it. You won't regret it It's hard to get more in a pin for 8.6k than Alien!

Yah makes the LV seem overpriced for sure. Full 2K USD more at 10,695 and unlike the Stern games there doesn't seem to be any different play aspects and more advanced toys? Just bling like open eggs and the side blades etc etc. Just bling for 2K more. I would be happy to be wrong and corrected on that.

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Actually… it was aimed at him!
I just find it at a stretch that anyone would base their purchasing decision based on a game popping up as #1 on pinside. It just seems like a tee’d up
Troll thread.
It looks like I could be legit- my apologies if that isn’t the case

Apology accepted. But yah again I didn't make the purchase decision based on that I was very very close to pulling the trigger than one day I see the #1 and I say well shit may as well pull that trigger. Makes no diff to me that it now got bumped down. It is obv a very good game that many feel is a top 10 pin. Good enough for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 12.95
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kabball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aliens-lv-ratings-drop?tu=kabball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.