View topic image gallery

F8DCD17D-BCE8-4851-A782-66C0C18C9131 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
deposit (resized).jpg
alien-rating (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Kabball:

Sounds like one of you may have actually answered me though, a super fan got banned and took out all his positive reviews? lol if that is true it is kind of what I was expecting happened.

Levi wasn't being serious. Each member can only submit one rating per game.

I don't know why the rating suddenly jumped up to #1, then dove back down to #50. But, that phenomenon sometimes happens with a new game release and a bunch of people all review it. Or, when a bunch of people see it at a large event and review it. And based on what's happening on the reviews page, it is highly contested with fans of the game offering their input, and people who aren't fans of the game offering theirs.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/pinball-brothers-alien-limited/ratings

All the way at the bottom of the ratings page, there is a history chart for the game's rankings.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

In any case, it seems that it was some sort of fluke that it temporarily jumped up to #1.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you get banned do your reviews disappear?

I'm not certain, but if they do, a single review wouldn't be enough to swing a game rating much.

[edit]: It looks like lamberger's reviews were set to private, so they wouldn't have been included in the top100 ratings anyway.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

If anyone thinks this is a real post.... well, I hate to break it to ya... but there are these things called trolls.

Quoted from Kabball:

Boy this is a good introduction to pinside lol. I can assure you this is real attached image of the deposit I put down. Not sure how this would be a troll comment but more time on pinside might make that clear.
[quoted image]

That comment wasn't aimed at you. It was referring to a couple other posts.

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

The fluke was when it did jump to #1, a bunch of Godzilla owners, half of whom have likely never played it more than one time, jumped in with reviews to drive its rating back down. Heaven forbid a non Stern or JJP game ever reside in the all knowing Pinside top 10.

I played the standard version a few times last year. I don't think it's necessary an envy thing that it got knocked out of the #1 spot. I just don't think it beats out all the other titles that have ever been made. A spot lower down the list seems reasonable for what it is.

Like others have said, new releases always shoot up the rankings first because it's fans interested in the game that usually get their hands on it first. Then usually everyone else has a chance to play it later after it's been out a while and makes the rounds at shows and locations.

It was kind of fun to see the excitement over hitting #1 for a short time, though.

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Alien isn't a new release.

Ok, not brand new, but still newish.

I haven't seen a limited version yet. Sometimes it takes a while for some titles/editions to get out into the world.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

No game should go from #1 to #50 in one week, though

Other titles have shifted positions fairly significantly before. The leap to #1 is just very unusual. I guess all we can do is speculate about what caused it.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

unless there is some significant BS and review manipulation taking place. That is exactly what occured and it is a bad look for Pinside and the current ratings system.

Eh, I don't think so. Ratings usually settle down in the end. The top100 list is a living list, after all. Things jump around. Jump up, jump up and get down.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 160.00
$ 12.95
$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aliens-lv-ratings-drop?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.