View topic image gallery

F8DCD17D-BCE8-4851-A782-66C0C18C9131 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
deposit (resized).jpg
alien-rating (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 1 year ago

For a brief, glorious moment in time I was the art director for the #1 pinball in the land.

alien-rating (resized).pngalien-rating (resized).png

Alas.

(Serious answer, people game the ratings. They shill a game up to the top, people get mad and give it crummy ratings to drive it back down. Or whatever, tbh I don't actually pay enough attention to understand the details. Please don't buy a game because it's X on the rating, it means literally nothing.)

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

The timing is odd and it’s unfortunate to all the people who poured into this game to make it what it is.

Not gonna speak for the rest of the team, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. The #1 thing was funny, I shared it with some friends who aren't even into pinball, they thought it was neat. That alone made it worth it. Now it can go wherever, it's a silly system that means nothing.

Just play the pins you enjoy when you have the chance to do so, and skip the ones you don't. I'm kinda behind on the last few years of brand new games, I haven't played a new Stern since Jurassic Park I'm afraid. But was a time I'd played just about every game in the top 100. I like most of them, for the most part.

Very few games deserve to be utterly dumped on. I can only think of Thunderbirds off the top of my head. What a piece of shit. Even the flipper buttons are uncomfortable and suck.

#99 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Haha, no, I’m no expert

We can tell, because you say "table".

#106 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I'm not going to argue that Alien isn't cool. My son and I had a blast playing it, but its not #1, and people who rated it 10 are as equally ridiculous as those killing it.

Maybe it's not #1 for you, but for someone some game is #1, if they care about such things. I admit, I don't, but others clearly do.

I dunno who you or I or anyone else is to decide for them. Could be Alien. Could be the game their parents owned when they were a kid and they don't care if you don't like Flash.

And if you say "don't rate things a 10!" then ... what? 9 is the new 10? What's the max allowed? If you say no rating should be above 9 then it's just the same as a 10.

I have a friend who refused to rate his Uber or whatever else a 5 star, because he felt nobody was worth 5 stars. I think that's just being an asshole to people who get dinged if they don't get that 5 star rating. I always rate 5 stars, or I don't rate at all if I can't bring myself to do it. I've never felt vindictive enough about an Instacart worker to want their rating to suffer because I wanted 2 onions and they only got 1.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 160.00
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aliens-lv-ratings-drop?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.