View topic image gallery

F8DCD17D-BCE8-4851-A782-66C0C18C9131 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
deposit (resized).jpg
alien-rating (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ferret.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from Kabball:

I see that the LV version takes over number 1 spot on the pinside 100. I thought well that is enough to tip the scales and I put the deposit down on the LV. Then like a few days later I see it has dropped down to #50?
So what happened here did mods remove a bunch of reviews because it was being boosted?

Summarizing all the comments:

1) Alien LV owners rated the game honestly (or as honestly as anything involving the rating system). Ratings accumulated slowly, because the machines are rolling out slowly, and only some people rate games.

2) Eventually it got 30 ratings, the minimum required to appear on the Top 100 list, and debuted at #1 last week.

3) Fans of other games got angry that Alien was #1, and suddenly remembered that they felt Alien was the worst game they had ever played (even if they never played it), and it was important to them to express that in a rating.

4) Alien dropped in the ratings the following week, so the fans of other games are happy again.

Fin.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ferret.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aliens-lv-ratings-drop?tu=Ferret and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.