View topic image gallery

F8DCD17D-BCE8-4851-A782-66C0C18C9131 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
deposit (resized).jpg
alien-rating (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#78 1 year ago

I think it's crazy Halloween is ranked lower when it's a much better game.

#88 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

The point is some want to crap all over Pinball Bros and the growing pain issues of a new manufacturer while conveniently ignoring the fact JJP and Stern games often have design and QC issues on many of their own games. At least Pinball Bros is standing by their product and prividing excellent customer service if issues arise. That can be hit and miss with other companies.

Noone is saying Stern or JJP are perfect. They just don't have the complete game breaking quality problems that PB Bros has.
My Alien can't stay powered up for a full day on route because it just randomly locks up.
3.0 code has improved that but it still locks up which makes it unsuitable for location use as it's always turned off.

I also had 2 driver boards catch on fire in my game before receiving a third one that hasn't caught on fire yet.

I've never had anything close to the severity of issues with any other manufacturer like I've had with Alien.

PB Bros did provide excellent service in getting my burned up driver boards replaced and the parts to fix my game. It's just disappointing the machine still locks up after all this time.

Just because you didn't have an issue with your game doesn't mean there aren't a ton of people that did have major problems with their machines. That affects the ratings as the game will have lower exposure with not being suitable for location use.

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Fair enough but just because you've had all those issues doesn't mean issues of the nature you cite are the norm and my game is in the minority.

It absolutely does. You just don't leave your game on long enough to see the lock ups. The code was/is bad and locks the game up. Just because it doesn't have an impact on you due to your use of the game doesn't mean the problem just doesn't exist. I"m not sure why you are fighting against holding the company accountable and being dismissive of all the owners that are having significant issues with the game.

I'm also not sure why you justify the shit quality of PB bros based off a comparison with JJP and Stern. They are separate companies and have nothing to do with Alien. Do you work for PB Bros?

#110 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You are being disengenous in your statement about 'dismissive of owners with issues'. PB have been nothing like that, when they think they know what the issue might be, they are very fast and responsive and there are many many user posts that back that up.

I agree with you that PB Bros is responsive and got my game going except for the code which is the wildcard. I was criticizing the poster being dismissive of people having issues. I probably should've phrased that more accurately.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

Relax Francis. I happen to like the game. I guess you want me to apologize for expressing that here and/or say the game is a pos with nothing but bugs but that hasn't been my experience to this point.

I'm not saying the game is a POS. I like the game as well and think it plays fantastic. I'm simply making the point that I bought a machine to operate commercially and it's not suitable for that due to what has now come down to poor code. I believe they will fix it and have made strides on fixing it. V3.0 is significantly more stable than previous versions for sure. I'm glad the only real complaint I have is software related because that's definitely correctable.

Now back to my original point in this thread. A game that isn't suitable for commercial operation will have more limited exposure due to not being out in arcades for people to play. I think once they end up fixing the code issue with the lock ups then you will see people like me put the game out in public again which will lead to an increase in the positive ratings as more people get exposed to this amazing game.

#115 1 year ago

My game has all new boards, wiring harnesses, coils and driver board. I basically rebuilt the entire machine with the parts they provided. I'm rooting for them to get the lock ups fixed because I really want to get this game out to the masses. It's so fun.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aliens-lv-ratings-drop?tu=Deez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.