View topic image gallery

F8DCD17D-BCE8-4851-A782-66C0C18C9131 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
deposit (resized).jpg
alien-rating (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ceemunkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 1 year ago

It's not rocket science - the ratings built up slowly as LV owners got their machines and rated it highly because - surprise - it IS a very good game. When it hit 30 ratings, because the people (who actually owned it and played it properly) rated it favourably, it hit #1. Cue a sudden deluge of 4s and 5s because this game cannot possibly top the list for any amount of time. I'm sure this has happened before to various other games.

As more people played it and rated it, I'm sure it would have settled naturally into its own spot, but people just can't be patient and dragged it down artificially.

Go play and decide for yourself, but personally I really just don't get anyone who is into pinball thinking this is a crappy game. If you love the Alien theme it's absolutely brilliant.

#111 1 year ago

It is hard to rate any pin a perfect 10 - lets face it these reviews are always gonna be subjective to some degree, and it's almost impossible for a pin to do everything absolutely perfectly (shots, layout, code, art, sound) there are always improvements that can be made, no matter how small. This one is almost there for me personally, but there's just one or two minor things I think could have been done better. Same with Deadpool and Iron Maiden, to me they play perfectly - just so amazingly well designed, but again just one or two things in other areas fall short.

But some criticisms of this are just a bit strange. Bad lighting? On the LV? Even objectively I don't really get that, it's damn near perfectly lit for the theme. Also the shots, I mean, it's got an absolute tonne of shots - the orbits are smooth, the ramp shots aren't clunky, the scoops don't reject and the hypersleep lock is an amazingly satisfying shot. It shoots damn different to my Sterns I'll give you that but that doesn't make it worse.

I dunno, I just think some go into a pin with an intense pre-conceived dislike and nothing's gonna change it.

I do have to agree on one thing - the game definitely does lock up, rarely during play but if left in attract mode for an amount of time it will happen, which is basically broken for operators I guess. I really want them to fix that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ceemunkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aliens-lv-ratings-drop?tu=Ceemunkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.