image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20170304_140705_001 (resized).jpg
P3050279 (resized).JPG
P3050275 (resized).JPG
IMG_0002 (resized).JPG
20170304_133422 (resized).jpg
20170304_140705_001 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 7 years ago

Head work on this one? Left ramp fully register? Trying to think of the issues the other stream showed.

#125 7 years ago

I can't tell or remember from some of the other videos. Does the game not use flashers? It could sure use some lighting effects when the ball gets eaten. I'm sure there are some SFX but there was no volume in the video.

#244 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Boom boom immersion

I warned you about that word!

#246 7 years ago

Only thing I'm a bit disappointed in is the lack of flashers. Some white flashers creating a strobe effect would really make it feel like the movie. And add some umph to the xeno grabbing the ball.

Probably wouldn't be too difficult to add a couple wired to go off with the xeno head I suppose. Modders... start your engines!

#364 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

No there isn't. Part of the concept of the Heighway cabinet is that is has backlighted side panels. There is were the art shines. I find it a refreshing concept. Art on the front of the cabinet does not add anything in mine opinion and would most likely 'unbalance' the overall look of the cabinet.

Yeah but in a lot of home collections you'll never see the side art unfortunately... just the plain black front with the bolts.

I understand the point with removable side panels you'd also need a removable front panel for the correct art depending on the game installed... but let's not paint the rather homely front end as "refreshing".

The game has enough going for it that the few downsides don't need a spin job.

#439 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

That is probably a code update. Full Throttle had weaker pops at first--on purpose I think--later software update increased strength. Maybe the pops are still in "beta" mode.

So they are somehow deliberately hobbled? hmmm... umm ok

#445 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I reported what happened with their previous game and the software...take it as you will....ummm OK?

Actually "H" or somebody with a Full Throttle has said that the pops are just overall weaker than other games. Sorta like a HP trademark. Maybe the sensitivity can be improved but people tried that for FT for a while and seemed to finally accept that they were only going to get so good.

I could be wrong as I didn't follow FT that diligently.

We'll see what happens.

#448 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Pops were weak at first, after I updated software they are fine. On my game at least, that's all I can speak to.

ok good to hear. Didn't know you owned one.

#458 7 years ago

Doesn't Twitch archive the stream shortly afterwards? I know I missed an Alien stream earlier but went to the link and it had it available right at Twitch.

#461 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes. Just go to twitch.tv/dead_flip then choose "past broadcasts"

Yeah that's what I thought. I did actually catch this one and enjoyed it.

Some random (and probably incorrect) musings:

If the Xeno head only grabs the ball for the final lock for multiball it won't see much use. I don't mind the multi being hard to get but taht means hitting the xeno most of the time just meant a sound effect and small points. Maybe it's integrated more in certain modes but it looks like it could be more incorporated into the game.

I like a tough to get multiball but I only saw ONE multiball out of four guys playing for an hour or two. That might be TOO tough for my abilities by myself as it seems it's awkward to the set up the upper right flipper for the crucial lock shots. The greedy left outlane makes it tough to keep trying to lock the ball with it's hungry maw waiting.

I like hearing Hudson's call outs during multiball instead of a tired "jackpot" announcement but how about some more voices like the movie battle? Where's Sarge trying to shout instructions, Vasquez, etc? Hearing them all yelling together would be pretty cool at that point. Multiball looks great too with the red scanner, etc...

(really random musings) I think some of the call outs seem overly truncated. Instead of "Get hot!" by sarge why not the "Alright people... GET HOT!" right out of the movie. The voices add much needed character and humanity to this so I would pour them in everywhere you can. Be a shame to have the rights and hear the same Hudson quote so frequently for example.

Game has sure turned out nice.

#462 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Just got back from the Dead Flip Alien live stream and I had a blast playing the game! Thanks Madison Pinball for inviting me to take part and thanks Jack for making the trip up. The more I play the game the more I like it! Once you get the shots down and start getting some flow going the game it really plays smooth and fast and really has some satisfying shots! The game is a combo lover's dream. I think I even saw a 10 way combo at one point. And the layout is really fantastic. It may be my favorite dmd era layout of all time. The sounds, light show, and general ambiance of the game really draws you in. It can also be pretty tough and unforgiving which I like, because it is always a challenge. Completing modes and starting multi-balls are tough which anyone that watched the stream would surely notice. I really look forward to others being able to play the game and enjoy it in their homes. Hope everyone enjoyed the stream and got a better chance to see what the game has to offer!

Yeah good job man. I have yet to see ONE mode ever completed. Yet they seem set to 45 secs. First thing a wuss like me would do would be to set them all to a full minute

Hitting the muther shot to add extra time seems a good thing to do also.

Now that I think about it I probably don't usually finish modes on other titles either and they usually quietly time out. But this one shouts "FAILURE" at you every time. My frail ego might not be able to take it repeatedly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,799 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aliens-have-landed-in-madison?tu=manic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.