image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20170304_140705_001 (resized).jpg
P3050279 (resized).JPG
P3050275 (resized).JPG
IMG_0002 (resized).JPG
20170304_133422 (resized).jpg
20170304_140705_001 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#509 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You're dead on, and that's exactly what we wanted to avoid, that's the reason you can't stack modes.

I only watched about 45 mins of the twitch replay. But, anyone complaining about stern ST rules can't not complain about the rules in alien. They look very similar; play one mission after another where the objective of most missions is chase the flashing arrow like ST.

Now don't get me wrong, ST is one of my favorite games as most of you know, and Alien looks fantastic!! I'm just saying the rules seem similar in that aspect of chase the flashing arrow.

Are the wizard modes based on completing the grid? Do you have to replay unfinished missions? If you're locked out of starting missions while in a multi ball, then what are your objectives to progress in the game? Seems like a lot of depth, but little breadth at this point.

Again, don't get me wrong with these comments as they're more questions and curious iTunes than anything; and I haven't played the game or completely understand the objectives yet, but the game is on my radar much more after that dead flip stream (thanks for streaming!). Which leads me to ask; who are the US distributors for Heighway?

All in all; game looks stellar so far. Wonderful job by Heighway and team.

#528 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sorry, don't mean to shit talk another company's game, but comparing Star Trek to what Joe has done with even the launch code is ridiculous.
But I know SKB loves it, and he's at least 3x the player I am, so I'm just glad he enjoys it.

Certainly you can see my argument that they are similar? all I could think of when I was watching the stream is how similar it looked to ST. Start a mission, shoot flashing arrows, start another mission, shoot a different pattern of arrows. I'm not saying it's bad, good, or indifferent; just an observation.

Ferret
are there rewards for completing a mission? And if you fail a mission, do you have to replay it or will it penalize you that objective in the wizard mode in some way shape or form? If the former, is there memory progression. Side note: the light show looks outstanding!

#534 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nope. Unless you're saying "wow I just noticed in pinball you shoot lit shots".
Joe already refuted things better than I could though. He's already put way more creativity into the modes than that other game has. I reject the comparison!

Lol That's fine. Just an observation. I'll defer to the programmer, step back into the shadows, and see how it all pans out.

#538 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

You get all sorts of stuff for completing a scene. You're awarded: a weapon, scene bonus which is a portion of the total scene score added as multipliable end-of-ball bonus, and boosts to that movie's mini-wiz as well as All Out War. So it's really quite important to try to complete a scene. You can't replay an already-played scene without going through both movies. Also: if you do work through both movies and play a scene again, its values are doubled if you won it previously.

Thanks! Still quite a bit more to do in that regard, but I'm happy with how it's going so far.

Excellent!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,999 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aliens-have-landed-in-madison?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.