image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20170304_140705_001 (resized).jpg
P3050279 (resized).JPG
P3050275 (resized).JPG
IMG_0002 (resized).JPG
20170304_133422 (resized).jpg
20170304_140705_001 (resized).jpg

There are 590 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 12.
#401 7 years ago

check this out and use your imagination!

#402 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Now that the pin's been out and about in the public, can anyone shed some light on any of the modes' gameplay or scoring? I'm excited to learn more! ferret perhaps ?

I generally prefer to let players enjoy the discovery process. That's just based on my personal approach to new games: I really like having the large and small details of a game reveal themselves as I play it more and more, and/or watch others play. I could dump my entire 20 page rulesheet on yuz, but where's the fun in that? This will also be educational for me, to see how quickly people discover some of the less obvious facets of the rules. My intention was to have some rules that are a bit obscure, but not so much that no one ever finds or understands them.

Quoted from jonesjb:

With the weapon bonuses, can the M41A Pulse Rifle double scoring and Drop Ship 2X scoring be combined for 4X scoring?

No. If 2X Playfield is running from one thing and you start 2X Playfield from another thing, it extends the 2X Playfield timer.

However, several modes and multiballs have their own feature-specific multiplier opportunities lurking, that *do* combine with 2X Playfield if running.

Quoted from jonesjb:

And can you use a weapon before progressing to the next? For example, if I earn the handgun and activate the bonus x advance before collecting the pulse rifle, will the next weapon collected be the handgun again or the pulse rifle?

The weapons are always collected in order, regardless of whether you use them first, so Pulse Rifle would be collected next.

#403 7 years ago

This is probably a really dumb question but I'm going to ask anyway. First off this game looks absolutely amazing so I'd like to get that out of the way right now. My question is, I understand this game is a wide body right? If so is it the same width as the older wide body pins like Flight 2000? By looking at the pics it doesn't really look like a wide body to me?

#404 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I generally prefer to let players enjoy the discovery process.

Care to make a comment or two about combo shots? It looks like you could rival the Shadow's 7 way combo with all the shots in this game.

#405 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

My question is, I understand this game is a wide body right? If so is it the same width as the older wide body pins like Flight 2000? By looking at the pics it doesn't really look like a wide body to me?

It's the same as Bally/Williams widebody games - a 23" wide playfield

#406 7 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Care to make a comment or two about combo shots? It looks like you could rival the Shadow's 7 way combo with all the shots in this game.

Infinite way combos are permitted, and are fun and potentially quite rewarding. However, the two most recent combo shots can't be reused to extend a combo, which means (for example) that you can't just go left-ramp-right-ramp all day and rack up a zillion low-risk combo points.

This "two most recent thingies can't be repeated" philosophy is found in several places in the rules.

#407 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

It's the same as Bally/Williams widebody games - a 23" wide playfield

Thanks for the fast reply. Sure is nice to have the manufacturer participating in the thread and answering people's questions about their products. It's good business sense to have a relationship with your customers, not sure why some companies can't understand that. You guys are doing some great things, keep up the good work!

#408 7 years ago

Oh yeah

#409 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I generally prefer to let players enjoy the discovery process. That's just based on my personal approach to new games: I really like having the large and small details of a game reveal themselves as I play it more and more, and/or watch others play. I could dump my entire 20 page rulesheet on yuz, but where's the fun in that?

Really good philosophy, it kinda makes the game more of a limitless exploration as opposed to a definitive constrained rule set. I'm going to see if I can find something hidden like Shadow's Peking Duck mode, or a midnight madness... Oh, maybe the pin will do something freaky every April 26 (Alien Day)!

#410 7 years ago

So is this machine the standard with the optional screen? Any other optional extras? On Heighways website it shows that the standard can have the optional optic ramp lighting. Is this true?

#411 7 years ago

This is a standard with large screen and light up side blades. Everything else comes standard.

#412 7 years ago

Reminder that the deadflip stream will be happening tonight.

6pm tentative start, but could be 7pm depending on set up.

Worth note up front that we have a few insert lights out so dont be tweaking if you see that on the stream as it is not indicative of the full prodcution games. The one thing on this particular game #2 that is not production, is that the under playfield boards were hand built at the factory (if you remember Andrew previously mentioned that the full pf light/switch boards were part of the delay due to china new year stuff). These hand built (i.e. every single surface light or switch was hand done) are not the quality to expect on the full production units (we wanted the game ASAP and said to ship with hand built boards). I can attest to the normal production unit quality since we have had Full Throttle on route for over a year without a single under pf board, light, or switch tweak needed.

I say this as I dont want team Heighway to catch any flak about this. This is on me as I screwed up something when trying to fix the lower left popbumper light switch yesterday but ran out of time to finish up my work and get the few insert lights working like they should.

I am hoping to ditch out of work early to go diagnose and fix (it is likely a single cold solder joint or something I knocked off, but I need to find it), but not sure if I will get it done in time. Feel free to bash on my and my crappy tech skillz

#414 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Xeno Tongue Cam?

The thought has occurred that if one of those "tongue" mechs ever gets placed into the new Kiss machine/Gene Simmons head... it could make that game unplayable, but hilarious.

#415 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Worth note up front that we have a few insert lights out so dont be tweaking if you see that on the stream as it is not indicative of the full prodcution games. The one thing on this particular game #2 that is not production, is that the under playfield boards were hand built at the factory (if you remember Andrew previously mentioned that the full pf light/switch boards were part of the delay due to china new year stuff). These hand built (i.e. every single surface light or switch was hand done) are not the quality to expect on the full production units (we wanted the game ASAP and said to ship with hand built boards). I can attest to the normal production unit quality since we have had Full Throttle on route for over a year without a single under pf board, light, or switch tweak needed.
I say this as I dont want team Heighway to catch any flak about this. This is on me as I screwed up something when trying to fix the lower left popbumper light switch yesterday but ran out of time to finish up my work and get the few insert lights working like they should.
I am hoping to ditch out of work early to go diagnose and fix (it is likely a single cold solder joint or something I knocked off, but I need to find it), but not sure if I will get it done in time. Feel free to bash on my and my crappy tech skillz

for those that are on the stream, please feel free to share this when the quesiton comes up (I am sure it will) as I dont want Heighway taking heat for my screw up.

#416 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

for those that are on the stream, please feel free to share this when the quesiton comes up (I am sure it will) as I dont want Heighway taking heat for my screw up.

The only reason I bought it up in the first place is because I noticed the same issue on the other Alien pin that's in the wild.

#417 7 years ago

Good luck and thanks for arranging for the Pinball community!

#418 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

So what you are saying is the boards for the insert lights will be top quality and there will be no issue, but the pop-bumper switches suck? LOL......OK, I am completely busting your chops...lol I do realize things happen in prototype / first-run games, and the Heighway folks and their games really are top-notch....just couldn't resist. I am REALLY looking forward to the deadflip stream to see my next game! Feel free to do like the MASH episode and line up a bunch of cars with their headlights on the game if you have to. You can even wear a dress like Klinger, it might make the episode more "colorful".........

#419 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

The only reason I bought it up in the first place is because I noticed the same issue on the other Alien pin that's in the wild.

interesting. Maybe I did not mess something up? Maybe it is the new code update? It happens with first run machines so not really concerned. It will get figured out one way or another.

I just wanted people to know it is not indicative of full production games.

Enjoy the stream folks. Shuold be fun. I am excited to battle with Jack!

#420 7 years ago

Just got a message from Andrew that the production run of boards are arriving this Wednesday and he is shipping me a full set as soon as he gets them. Talk about great customer service!

#421 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am excited to battle with Jack!

You're not excited to battle with me? Now I'm hurt...prepare for a beat down!

#422 7 years ago

How many plays has the Madison game had so far?

#423 7 years ago

Where are you jack?

We are here

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#424 7 years ago

Jack is here. Jack is not happy cause he is running a little late

#425 7 years ago

standing by......

#426 7 years ago

'Standing by' was the last words from the Death Star before it went boom. I hope this isn't an omen.

#427 7 years ago

Ben is here. Now stuff can happen. Stream starting soon.

#428 7 years ago

We are live

#429 7 years ago

Bummed I am missing this....but it is league night.

IMG_2997 (resized).JPGIMG_2997 (resized).JPG

#430 7 years ago

what is the link?
edit got it

#432 7 years ago

Jack is Back

#433 7 years ago

Whysnow, a tip for that right orbit once the stream finishes, check how tightly the guide wall is secured to the wood. If it's loose, that could be creating the rattle.

#434 7 years ago

What is up with the pop bumpers? Every shot to the top seems to drop right through the middle without a single pop hit.

#435 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

What is up with the pop bumpers? Every shot to the top seems to drop right through the middle without a single pop hit.

Not sure it is that bad, but I do think the pops need improving a bit. Other than that small and easily addressable detail, the game is pretty darn cool.

#436 7 years ago

Yeah the pop bumpers are not very good so far.

#437 7 years ago
Quoted from violinfather:

Yeah the pop bumpers are not very good so far.

That is probably a code update. Full Throttle had weaker pops at first--on purpose I think--later software update increased strength. Maybe the pops are still in "beta" mode.

#438 7 years ago

I am sure that is probably the case. The rest of the pin looks awesome!

#439 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

That is probably a code update. Full Throttle had weaker pops at first--on purpose I think--later software update increased strength. Maybe the pops are still in "beta" mode.

So they are somehow deliberately hobbled? hmmm... umm ok

#440 7 years ago

It looks to me like the switch on the bottom bumper needs some adjustment.

#441 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Not sure it is that bad, but I do think the pops need improving a bit. Other than that small and easily addressable detail, the game is pretty darn cool.

Definitely looks like a solid game I think also. I would like to play one someday.

#442 7 years ago

Is there individual coil strength settings like in JJP games?

#443 7 years ago

Oh wow, that was one hell of a party for sure.

#444 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

So they are somehow deliberately hobbled? hmmm... umm ok

I reported what happened with their previous game and the software...take it as you will....ummm OK?

#445 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I reported what happened with their previous game and the software...take it as you will....ummm OK?

Actually "H" or somebody with a Full Throttle has said that the pops are just overall weaker than other games. Sorta like a HP trademark. Maybe the sensitivity can be improved but people tried that for FT for a while and seemed to finally accept that they were only going to get so good.

I could be wrong as I didn't follow FT that diligently.

We'll see what happens.

#446 7 years ago

I'm cool with the bumpers as is (on whysnow's alien). Gimme the ball back egg bumpers!

#447 7 years ago

Pops were weak at first, after I updated software they are fine. On my game at least, that's all I can speak to.

#448 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Pops were weak at first, after I updated software they are fine. On my game at least, that's all I can speak to.

ok good to hear. Didn't know you owned one.

#449 7 years ago

Game actually looks pretty hard - which is a good thing. Like the fact you have to work for a mulitball and might not get it until late on the 3rd ball, if at all.

Was skeptical of the centre post at first, but those outlanes are so freakin hungry you need all the help you can get.

#450 7 years ago

I really like games with short ball time. They stay fun much longer @ home.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
9,999 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 590 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aliens-have-landed-in-madison/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.