image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20170304_140705_001 (resized).jpg
P3050279 (resized).JPG
P3050275 (resized).JPG
IMG_0002 (resized).JPG
20170304_133422 (resized).jpg
20170304_140705_001 (resized).jpg
There are 590 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.
#151 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Alien is really going to give other manufactures some competition for pinball dollars. I was debating between ordering a Ghostbusters Premium or an Alien LE. At the standard level an Alien SE is about $400-600 more shipped then a Stern premium. Difference drops to $0-$200 if you take out the backbox LCD.
For $600 more (then a current DMD Stern Premium) or $400 more (then a LCD Stern, other then Batman 66 premium which is $8k...) you get a wide body game, all color changing inserts, all color changing GI, a 27" backbox LCD, the mini airlock LCD and the 10" playfield LCD. Oh, there's also no need to buy any interior art decals as Heighway already includes them. The game has 4 flippers, 10 shots that pass through or drop in somewhere, molded pop bumper caps, and a giant Alien mechanical pinball toy.
At the the LE level Heighway may be the cheapest in terms of higher price point games and you get powder coated armor (around backbox too), lighted interior side artwork, lighted ramps, a real rotating beacon topper, both SE and LE artwork, and a very nice 35th Alien anniversary goodie bag.
Yup, it ended up being a no brainer for me to go with Alien after I thought on it for a while, lol.

Stern better pay attention. Their tough as wet toilet paper playfields aren't going to hold up against this level of competition.

I will be buying one as the reviews come in and the floodgates open.

#153 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Alien is really going to give other manufactures some competition for pinball dollars. I was debating between ordering a Ghostbusters Premium or an Alien LE. At the standard level an Alien SE is about $400-600 more shipped then a Stern premium. Difference drops to $0-$200 if you take out the backbox LCD.
For $600 more (then a current DMD Stern Premium) or $400 more (then a LCD Stern, other then Batman 66 premium which is $8k...) you get a wide body game, all color changing inserts, all color changing GI, a 27" backbox LCD, the mini airlock LCD and the 10" playfield LCD. Oh, there's also no need to buy any interior art decals as Heighway already includes them. The game has 4 flippers, 10 shots that pass through or drop in somewhere, molded pop bumper caps, and a giant Alien mechanical pinball toy.
At the the LE level Heighway may be the cheapest in terms of higher price point games and you get powder coated armor (around backbox too), lighted interior side artwork, lighted ramps, a real rotating beacon topper, both SE and LE artwork, and a very nice 35th Alien anniversary goodie bag.
Yup, it ended up being a no brainer for me to go with Alien after I thought on it for a while, lol.

Hey Jared, I totally agree. Quality at Stern, well we all know, not too mention too Costly.

JJP asking too darn much for their game, even though I own WOZ and HB, but build is Awesome.

I love my GB, no ghosting, but a little lift on shooter (which I covered after 2 weeks of play) and exit which I covered before I even played the game. It totally rocks and is funny as hell.

With that being said, I LOVE the look and layout of ALIEN, which looks like a Pat Lawlor table. A TON OF SHOTS and if the coding is up there with Lyman and Keith it will be, as OLDPINGUY SAID, a TOP 5 PIN.

How Long are they going to be making ALIEN?

It's a table I want after SM, and believe the 27inch is A MUST!

#154 7 years ago

Here is the latest gameplay video we promised you that shows many of the shots, flow, combo opportunities, modes and features in the game

To follow shortly...

#155 7 years ago

What happen with video?

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

What happen with video?

Probably doing shots and celebrating

#157 7 years ago

What happen with video?

Someone set up them the bomb.

#158 7 years ago

What happen with video?

The correct HD version will be here in around 1 hour

#159 7 years ago

i subscribe to your channel

#160 7 years ago

Looks great team Heighway! Love the flow and combo opportunities. Alien devouring the ball is one of the coolest pinball toys ever.
Can't wait to experience it in person at TPF.

(guess he took it down for a minute - worth the wait folks...)

#161 7 years ago

I just saw the whole video. Let's just say the 1st 3 minutes got me, and there was another 8:30 left to go.

#162 7 years ago

So how does it shoot? Is it fast ? And feel hooked up can't wait to get play it

#163 7 years ago

great combo shots and the breathing in game during gameplay would get your heart pumping

#164 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Let me know when you get it ... I'll come over and help you test it out!

#165 7 years ago

This thing looks great! Thanks for the updates, whysnow. Seems like nothing but improvements over what i saw at expo (which was impressive already).

Can't wait for my probably-blue LE now. Makes me feel a bit less asinine for being a long-term preorder with everything that's gone on recently. But...it was Alien. I really didn't have a choice

#166 7 years ago

awesome to see. I almost pulled the trigger on this. I will down the road i'm sure. Should have it at wannabowl.

#167 7 years ago

LOTS of smooth fast shots. I have no idea what the modes were doing, just watching the ball fly around. VERY nice shooter.

#168 7 years ago

yea, it feels and plays similar to a b/w game.

#169 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

So how does it shoot? Is it fast ? And feel hooked up can't wait to get play it

fast, GREAT combos, great flow, satisfying shots. Been busy playing and fine tuning stuff for route purposes. Just stopped to grab dinner then heading back over to do more.

Ill grab photos in a bit and post more later.

#170 7 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

The correct HD version will be here in around 1 hour

Andrew
Can you please advise on if more games shipped out last week?

#171 7 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Andrew
Can you please advise on if more games shipped out last week?

More games are shipping this week, and a lot more next week

#172 7 years ago

burns (resized).pngburns (resized).png

#173 7 years ago

More games are shipping this week, and a lot more next week

Thanks so much

Hoping the LE art is approved soon and LEs start to ship

#174 7 years ago

Here IS the latest gameplay video we promised you that shows many of the shots, flow, combo opportunities, modes and features in the game

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Do people want photos of anything specific? I will have some time today at lunch or later tonight to do more dialing in and can grab photos for anyone. Just let me know what you want to see.

Pics of the flipper mechs, I'm interested in seeing the modular design. Are the plungers, links & stops compatible with WMS parts or just proprietary Heighway stuff ? Just curious about the consumable parts & availability. Btw game looks awesome..

#176 7 years ago

Wow, you guys knocked it out of the park.

#178 7 years ago

Nice to see some upper flippers that actually have dedicated shots.

#179 7 years ago

What a fun looking game with great mechs, great sounds, nice video, etc. etc.

Looks like a winner.

#180 7 years ago

Is it up at Alt Brew yet, or is this just another bug hunt, sir?

(I live like 1 mile away HAHAHAHA!)

#181 7 years ago

WOW! Very nice looking game. Gonna have to break out the old DVD collection and watch Aliens tonight. Congrats!

#182 7 years ago

Sweet as s@#t!!

#183 7 years ago

Oh shit....that video is amazing.
Thanks Andrew..
This is going to hurt my wallet.

#184 7 years ago

I will grab more photos on Wed. Sorry but I had a plumbing emergency to attend to this evening.

It was a crappy situation...

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It was a crappy situation...

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Thanks so much
Hoping the LE art is approved soon and LEs start to ship

Andrew, im sold on it now! Do we order from you or Coin-Taker?

#187 7 years ago

Here IS the latest gameplay video we promised you that shows many of the shots, flow, combo opportunities, modes and features in the game
» YouTube video

First video where I can hear the sound at a good level.
Wow, it sounds amazing! Good job on creating excellent sound to create a tense atmosphere.

#188 7 years ago

» YouTube video

This game looks really balanced. From art to sound, lightning effects, sound effects, geometry, animations, flow and the list will grow as every aspect looks great. Integration at top level. Only one thing, the sound of the spinners sound really dull......haha NOT. The mini post between the flippers is no extra luxury as seen many times in the video. Looks like a good decision to put it there to achieve a greater average ball time.

Some of the modes already gave me goosebumps, so the live experience must be awesome. I think all the Alien fans and pinball heads will get a pin that not only has a top notch theme integration, but will also pass rule 1 in my pin book: fun to a part where you get over excited and a bit crazy. Game on.

#189 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Hey Jared, I totally agree. Quality at Stern, well we all know, not too mention too Costly.
JJP asking too darn much for their game, even though I own WOZ and HB, but build is Awesome.
I love my GB, no ghosting, but a little lift on shooter (which I covered after 2 weeks of play) and exit which I covered before I even played the game. It totally rocks and is funny as hell.
With that being said, I LOVE the look and layout of ALIEN, which looks like a Pat Lawlor table. A TON OF SHOTS and if the coding is up there with Lyman and Keith it will be, as OLDPINGUY SAID, a TOP 5 PIN.
How Long are they going to be making ALIEN?
It's a table I want after SM, and believe the 27inch is A MUST!

I'm still tempted to pickup a Ghostbusters, its a very cool game. I know I'll get one at some point as its my favorite movie, haha. I hear ya about JJP prices with Dialed In, its become crazy.

I think Heighway will end up making Alien for a while, they are still making Full Throttles and that game came out I think 2-3 years ago.

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm still tempted to pickup a Ghostbusters, its a very cool game. I know I'll get one at some point as its my favorite movie, haha. I hear ya about JJP prices with Dialed In, its become crazy.
I think Heighway will end up making Alien for a while, they are still making Full Throttles and that game came out I think 2-3 years ago.

Yes, they will make it for a while, but the difference is that ALIEN will be produced under license which will expire at some point, unlike FT which is their own creation so they can produce that for as long as there is demand.

#191 7 years ago

only bad thing about this game... Is I want to play it more. I dream aliens pinball the past 2 nights, lol.

I wake up and the first thought is, can I sneak over to play a few games on lunch.

#192 7 years ago

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

only bad thing about this game... Is I want to play it more. I dream aliens pinball the past 2 nights, lol.
I wake up and the first though is can I sneak over to play a few games on lunch.

Yeah I do this. I remember playing ALIEN Isolation and dreaming about it all night.
The other night was F1 2016. Kept waking up in a sweat worrying about pit stops and bloody tyre strategies! Ha.

#194 7 years ago

Are there any Jackpot callouts? Nothing I like more than an exciting JAAACCCKKKPPOOOOOOT

#195 7 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Pics of the flipper mechs, I'm interested in seeing the modular design. Are the plungers, links & stops compatible with WMS parts or just proprietary Heighway stuff ? Just curious about the consumable parts & availability. Btw game looks awesome..

Here is the flipper mech dropped out of Full Throttle. Was just filming a studio piece for ABC and they wanted some mechs. This was the easiest to grab by far. Great amazing design. On small connector for EOS switch to close by node board. Two spade connectors for coil lugs. 8 machines screws holding the plate in(no stripped out wood screws anymore!). The plate is even slotted at the screw holes. Whole thing drops out with flipper bat still attached.

Rebuild the whole thing on the bench. Even align the flippers! Just align it with the plastic insert and you know it's spot on when you throw it in the game. No more tweaking it while the prawl is half tight and trying to tighten the shit out of the bolt while not moving the bat at all and working both sides of a playfield at once. No more debates about flipper alignment either on above or below the alignment hole in playfield. With or without rubber, etc....

IMG_9382 (resized).JPGIMG_9382 (resized).JPG

IMG_9383 (resized).JPGIMG_9383 (resized).JPG

IMG_9384 (resized).JPGIMG_9384 (resized).JPG

#196 7 years ago

Took me a little while while watching the video to realize a single complete game wasn't being played and that a time lapse effect was used to splice gameplay videos together. A few times after a ball drain, suddenly another ball was launched or in action and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from.

I watched most of the video but did briefly skip around. What time in the video shows the ball being eaten by the head?

#197 7 years ago

Is it weird that I have never seen Alien or Aliens, but I am considering ordering this pin?

#198 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Is it weird that I have never seen Alien or Aliens

Yes

#199 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Took me a little while while watching the video to realize a single complete game wasn't being played and that a time lapse effect was used to splice gameplay videos together. A few times after a ball drain, suddenly another ball was launched or in action and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from.
I watched most of the video but did briefly skip around. What time in the video shows the ball being eaten by the head?

Yes a lot of balls just turn into ghosts in the video

Ball eaten at 7m11s.

#200 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I am considering ordering this pin?

not weird at all.

Quoted from pinlink:

Is it weird that I have never seen Alien or Aliens

slightly weird. I am a guy that does not watch movies and even I have seen them

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 590 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aliens-have-landed-in-madison/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.