image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20170304_140705_001 (resized).jpg
P3050279 (resized).JPG
P3050275 (resized).JPG
IMG_0002 (resized).JPG
20170304_133422 (resized).jpg
20170304_140705_001 (resized).jpg
There are 590 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.
#51 7 years ago

So awesome!
Looks like I have yet another reason to get back to Madison soon!
Love that you out all these amazing games out for the public to enjoy.

#52 7 years ago

Looks really nice. Cant wait to play one!

#53 7 years ago

I SHOULD BE THERE WITH YOU AND DAVE! Congrats Hilton!

#54 7 years ago

Do people want photos of anything specific? I will have some time today at lunch or later tonight to do more dialing in and can grab photos for anyone. Just let me know what you want to see.

Video will have to wait a little while. We took some short stuff last night but working on getting Jack Danger up here soon to stream.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

I SHOULD BE THERE WITH YOU AND DAVE! Congrats Hilton!

Daves not here man That is Tim.

Wish you were here!

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

i can say it is playing very nice out of the box, just a few switch adjustments thus far.

Can you also document all adjustments, fixes and tweaks you've had to do?

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Can you also document all adjustments, fixes and tweaks you've had to do?

So far just normal stuff for any NIB game.

Check to tighten every screw and nut on the game. Better safe than sorry and some will be loose from transport.
Just check over everything top and bottom before playing a game. We had a slightly loose IO board (#1 board) on bottom of pf and it needed the screws tightened down to seat better.
Tight flipper mechs and coil stops especially. I will likely regap the bushing/bat today as they are a little snugger than I like and I am particular about my flippers. Adjust EOS gap to be 1/8 inch.

Adjust pop bumper switches to be a bit more sensitive. That use the whole mech DE/sega style so being tight is important for some action.
Adjust slings to be more sensitive.
Small adjustments to try and fine tune flow. Shoots are really smooth but small adjustments once set up and at your specific pitch can make the game play even smoother.

Andrew let me know to up the main flipper fuse from a 4A slo blow to a 6A. Ours did not blow the 4A but I will update proactively today.

#58 7 years ago

Does the tongue ball lock work?

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Does the tongue ball lock work?

Oh YEAH baby!!!!!

Works awesome! Quick and super cool!

My buddy grabbed a short video of it last night and I asked him to post. He will likely upload it later today.

#60 7 years ago

I would love to see some pics of playfield,whole and some close ups. I can't get enough. I'm curious about bottom left of what's going on as well. Thanks for sharing and congratulations again.

#61 7 years ago

Does it come with a manual?
Can you change settings from the coin door?
How do you update the software? USB?
Does it include wi-fi or is it wi-fi capable?
What type of video content is on the new mini display? movie clips during modes?

Quoted from Whysnow:

Do people want photos of anything specific? I will have some time today at lunch or later tonight to do more dialing in and can grab photos for anyone. Just let me know what you want to see.
Video will have to wait a little while. We took some short stuff last night but working on getting Jack Danger up here soon to stream.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Oh YEAH baby!!!!!
My buddy grabbed a short video of it last night and I asked him to post. He will likely upload it later today.

Awesome. That seems like such a cool and unique pinball toy.

After the Alien toy grabs a ball is it stored or is it then ejected back out onto the playfield at some point? Can the toy hold multiple balls?

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Oh YEAH baby!!!!!

Here's a low-res version of the video he texted me last night. Pretty sweet!

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

I would love to see some pics of playfield,whole and some close ups. I can't get enough. I'm curious about bottom left of what's going on as well. Thanks for sharing and congratulations again.

will do.

The bottom left is just a standard outlane of sort. As I understand currently you can earn "revive" by hitting down APC drop targets and then locking a ball towards a Multi but hitting the upper ramp. We were unable to accomplish this task in our few games last night, but I am sure that once we get a better feel the shoots will get easier for us. I think once you get a revive then you can steal your lock but get a ball saver form the left out lane by nudging approriately to the lit "revive". I could be wrong on this as still learning.

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Does it come with a manual?
Can you change settings from the coin door?
How do you update the software? USB?
Does it include wi-fi or is it wi-fi capable?
What type of video content is on the new mini display? movie clips during modes?

no
yes
yes
no idea
all sorts of stuff. clips, instructions, video, space hyper video, likely some place holder for now. Mini screen and all 3 screens look amazing and are ont he right track for theme integration.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Awesome. That seems like such a cool and unique pinball toy.
After the Alien toy grabs a ball is it stored or is it then ejected back out onto the playfield at some point? Can the toy hold multiple balls?

grabs and dops in down from inside the head. That goes to subway to air lock eject (to the left of xeno head). I assume it can hold more than one but not sure (i will check for multiple switches in subway today).

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

grabs and dops in down from inside the head. That goes to subway to air lock eject (to the left of xeno head). I assume it can hold more than one but not sure (i will check for multiple switches in subway today).

Thanks!

#68 7 years ago

Looking forward to playing this Hilton! Cant wait!

#69 7 years ago

Didn't Heighway state the "border" of that LCD screen in the game would be greatly reduced in size? It looks about the same as early pictures of it, is that not a thing anymore or am I imagining this all or is that the reduced size one?

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Didn't Heighway state the "border" of that LCD screen in the game would be greatly reduced in size? It looks about the same as early pictures of it, is that not a thing anymore or am I imagining this all or is that the reduced size one?

this is reduced. It looks really good in my opinion. Not distracting, but just big enough to provide info and show clips and add to the immersion.

#71 7 years ago

I am sitting here looking at my schedule and trying to figure out what meetings I can cencel or skip today just so I can leave and go play more!

lol

I have it bad!

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nope. not this year.
It will be available for play in Madison in a few days. Our monthly meetup at Alt Brew is this Thursday and I plan to have it ready by then (no 100% promise, but probably a 98% promise )

Where in Madison?

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Where in Madison?

Alt Brew to start. 1806 Wright St.

follow MadisonPinball on Facebook for full updates. We try to also keep pinside map and pinballmap.com up to date with all our games.

#74 7 years ago

What's the best way to order this bad ass??!!
I'm probably sending email today and cancel my order of another NIB pin, tired of waiting.
Congrats and thanks for sharing.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I'm probably sending email today and cancel my order of another NIB pin, tired of waiting.

Cointaker is thier us distributor

#76 7 years ago

I would reach out to Andrew directly! He has been amazing to work with, great customer service and more than helpful the whole time I have known him and worked with him!

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Oh YEAH baby!!!!!

Nice to hear, thanks. Is it hard ( with the glass on ) to qualify a xenomorph head ball lock? just seems strange in 4 hours of streams we've watched so far no tongue action

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Nice to hear, thanks. Is it hard ( with the glass on ) to qualify a xenomorph head ball lock? just seems strange in 4 hours of streams we've watched so far no tongue action

nope, not hard at all. We just were switch testing with glass off when that video was taken.

Every game we played the xeno ate the ball atleast once I think.

#79 7 years ago

some of the color changing for certain modes is AMAZING on this game. One mode everything went green. Another mode all red.

There is a mode where everything appears to shut down and then a call out about how do they do that.

Man the immersion is going to be over the top on this title! First game I pulled out of a box for route and knew within 5 games that I would also be getting one for myself eventually!

#80 7 years ago

Sweet!!

#81 7 years ago

Wow!thank you for all the information. This is amazing.

#82 7 years ago

Game looks awesome!! Looks like I gotta sell a couple to pick this up. Maybe congo and ironman so as I have the cash to pick this up when it's readily available. Can't wait to see and play in person. Thanks heighway and crew!!!

#83 7 years ago

Thank God, for the short clip of Ball eating!

I hope it means the end of....."Does it eat the ball correctly?"

Nah....at least a couple dozen more times it will be asked....

#84 7 years ago

Where is "itsonlypinball" at?

I want to here his review after he had a night to sleep on it.

#85 7 years ago

Really exciting to see these start to show up. Hopefully the flood gates will open soon.

#86 7 years ago

Congrats! Glad you were one of the first to get one.

Any chance you can take a close up photo of the LT upper ramp hypersleep lock area? I know they revised the mech & it's a vitual lock now, but I'm curious how the ball is held during the lock sequence & then where it drops down & exits to the LT orbit.

#87 7 years ago

Let me know if you need "help" unboxing and setting up

#88 7 years ago

How long do games usually stay at Alt Brew? I'm moving up there end of March for a couple months and would love to get some time on this. Also is GB still part of their lineup?

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from PwninShiznat:

How long do games usually stay at Alt Brew? I'm moving up there end of March for a couple months and would love to get some time on this. Also is GB still part of their lineup?

We rotate games fairly often. Aliens will be out on route no matter what for the foreseeable future.

If not at Alt, then at Pooleys as it will be on the eastside for a bit.

GB is currently at our westside location, Schwoegler's. Hope to see you out playing and always happy to meet up for some games. Happy to meet fellow pinsiders IRL.

www.madisonpinball.com and folow us on FB for all the details on what is happening in Madison for PInball.

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from PwninShiznat:

also, it will for sure be at Alt in March as it at minimum will be at Alt Brew through the launch party which is happening on Sat April 1st.
Be sure to come on out for that.

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

also, it will for sure be at Alt in March as it at minimum will be at Alt Brew through the launch party which is happening on Sat April 1st.
Be sure to come on out for that.

Oh yeah, I'll be up there March 25th so I'm definitely gonna be out for that. Was checking out the Madison Pinball website, looks like an awesome outfit. Can't wait to check everything out

#92 7 years ago

Looks like me and family will be making a Madison trip soon. You guys always have the greatest line up.

#93 7 years ago

I setup and played Alien with Hilton last night. Thanks again, for the invite. I have owned pins since 1995. I am a big fan of Ridley Scott and the Alien films. Highway and his staff did an incredible job and exceeded my expectations.
The game has some of the best lighting I have seen in a long while. The ball lock is simply one of the coolest ever in pinball. The flow is awesome, something like Shadow at times and possibly DM. Super unique shots, which being a wide body, take a bit of getting used to. I wanted to keep playing this game. It is just fun!
In person, the cabinet and backbox are clean and look excellent. The green on the Alien just pops. The light up sides on the interior look really slick.
The multiballs are tough to achieve. They feel earned and not given. The modes and callouts are excellent. Beautiful tribute to Bill Paxton on an untimely death. RIP Bill Paxton. The software seems pretty polished even at this point.
I think the pricepoint was a very calculated move and it will put a dent into other manufacturers pricing structure. Highway picked the right theme and really hit a home run. I believe they will sell tons and make other manufacturers drop price to sell more units. Just my opinion...

#94 7 years ago

thanks for the review Tim!

I think I am heading back over at 2ish to finish tweaking and more play testing

#95 7 years ago

Congrats on the new game!

#96 7 years ago

Congrats!

#97 7 years ago

It must be a huge relief for the Heighway team to read the great (well-deserved) feedback on the first shipments. I'm happy to see Heighway finally getting some love beyond the FT loyalists.
Thanks for sharing. Congrats on the new pin! I can't wait to hear how well it does on location.

#98 7 years ago

Congratulations, the game looks terrific.

Would you please post some more detailed images of the playfield when you have a chance?

#99 7 years ago

Congrats!!

#100 7 years ago

please keep this tread alive whysnow. And let everyone know when it is available for everyone to play. I can't wait to come out and play it. I only live a hour away. please let me know. thank you jeremy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 590 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aliens-have-landed-in-madison/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.